|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest thank Sarah for?
(a) The news from home.
(b) Her good works on the farm.
(c) The care package she sent.
(d) Her letter to Captain Elliot.
2. What do Indians do when they see the dead men who hurt Ulyssa?
(a) Take their scalps.
(b) Bury the bodies.
(c) Burn the bodies.
(d) Give furs to the girls.
3. Where do claims for land have to be filed?
4. Who kills the men who hurt Ulyssa when she was fetching water?
5. Who goes with Mother to file the land claim?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother's courter talk to her?
2. Why does Captain Elliot return something to Sarah when her family starts to settle?
3. What does Sarah yell at a chicken for?
4. What do the people in the wagon train notice every morning?
5. What has Captain Elliot left the Army to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has someone been doing to help ease Sarah's burdens while with the wagon train?
2. What is Sarah's biggest hope about her move to San Angelo?
3. What happens when the Indians raid the camp after the experience at the river?
4. Why does Jimmy get mad after Sarah goes visiting after having a second child?
5. What does Jimmy do just before he dies?
6. What does Savannah say about pretty dresses, and how does this make Sarah feel?
7. What does Sarah find on Christmas Day while with the wagon train?
8. What shocks Sarah when Jimmy kisses her for the first time?
9. What does Captain Elliot bring for the family in July?
10. What happens just as the family gets to San Angelo?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)