|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy build himself for his new house?
(a) His furniture.
(b) The barn.
(c) A fence.
(d) None of these.
2. What makes up the Indian group that passes on January 20th?
(a) Old men.
(b) Young boys.
(c) Women and children.
3. Why does Ernest want to join the military?
(a) He wants to make his father proud.
(b) He wants to make some money.
(c) He wants to pay for his schooling.
(d) He wants to fight Indians.
4. What is Savannah's last name?
5. What is Captain Elliot's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a doctor refuse to amputate Clover's arm?
2. What material is the dress on the story-page made of?
3. What does Harlan think his mother might do someday?
4. What happens in the wagon train on December 15th?
5. Why does Sarah misspell her sickness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother talk to Sarah about before cutting out her new dress in the material from Tuscon?
2. What is Sarah's biggest hope about her move to San Angelo?
3. What does Sarah give for Christmas presents while traveling with the wagon train?
4. What does Captain Elliot bring for the family in July?
5. What causes the smoke in the wagon that scares Sarah?
6. What does Sarah say about her baby on her first Christmas?
7. Why does Jimmy get mad after Sarah goes visiting after having a second child?
8. Why does Jimmy Reed not join the family until later?
9. How is child birth different for Sarah and Savannah?
10. How does Sarah's mother punish her children, and why?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)