|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert feel when he first meets Savannah?
2. What does Jimmy want Sarah to keep records of?
(a) The foals born.
(b) Her cycles.
(c) Their finances.
(d) The eggs they sell.
3. What wedding gift do the Maldanados give Sarah and Jimmy?
(a) A pig.
(b) A hen.
(c) A calf.
(d) A cat.
4. What does Sarah say is incredible about her new house with Jimmy?
(a) The hen house.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The bed.
(d) The kitchen.
5. How old is Harlan at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in the wagon train notice every morning?
2. What is Captain Elliot's first name?
3. What page number of a story does Sarah find?
4. Why does Sarah draw on the ground of their land?
5. What does Savannah ask Sarah to teach her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jimmy and Sarah go to town by themselves?
2. Why does Mama say Sarah had such a hard time recovering after having her daughter?
3. How does Sarah's mother punish her children, and why?
4. Why does Jimmy get mad after Sarah goes visiting after having a second child?
5. What does Sarah find on Christmas Day while with the wagon train?
6. What happens just as the family gets to San Angelo?
7. What is Sarah's biggest hope about her move to San Angelo?
8. What shocks Sarah when Jimmy kisses her for the first time?
9. What has someone been doing to help ease Sarah's burdens while with the wagon train?
10. What does Sarah say about her baby on her first Christmas?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)