|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah use the rouge and perfume for?
2. Why does Sarah refuse her first proposal after Jimmy's death?
(a) She doesn't trust men.
(b) She wants real love in her next marriage.
(c) She never wants to marry again.
(d) All of these.
3. What about her second marriage does Sarah say is so fulfilling?
(a) The compliments.
(b) The mutual respect.
(c) The affection.
(d) The lovemaking.
4. Where does Sarah make Jack go when they get back to Tucson?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) The ranch.
(d) A church.
5. Why does Ruben's mother kill herself?
(a) Because she wants to be with her husband.
(b) So she won't die of rabies.
(c) So she won't be captured by Indians.
(d) Because she is in a lot of pain.
6. Where did Jack attend college?
(d) West Point.
7. What special item does Sarah find while preparing her house for the move?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A horseshoe.
8. What is the name of the man Jack hires to tend the ranch?
9. What does Jack Elliot borrow from Sarah after he heals?
(a) Some money.
(b) A gun.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) A horse.
10. Where does Sarah get some clothes for Jack Elliot?
(a) Jimmy's trunk.
(c) The store.
11. What leads Sarah to Jack Elliot?
(a) Her dog.
(b) A hen.
(c) The vultures.
(d) A wren.
12. How does Sarah wound one of the men who rob a train?
(a) She kicks him in the groin.
(b) She shoots him in the ear.
(c) She breaks a bottle over his head.
(d) She trips him and breaks his leg.
13. What does Sarah plan to call her second baby on a regular basis?
14. What does April do that makes Jack laugh?
(a) Tells stories.
(b) Sings songs.
(c) Throws tantrums.
(d) Snores when she sleeps.
15. How much money does Sarah get for the sale of some horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say she spends most of her time doing after having her second daughter?
2. What is Jack Elliot trapped under when Sarah finds him?
3. How does Sarah describe Lockwood's wife?
4. What does Sarah suffer from most with her fifth pregnancy?
5. Where does Melissa live after her father is killed?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)