|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the book Sarah wants to buy from Jack?
(a) It is destroyed in a battle.
(b) It is sold for food.
(c) It is lost on the trail.
(d) It is damaged in water.
2. What does Sarah say that makes Jack cry?
(a) She wants to move.
(b) She is suspicious of the ranch hand.
(c) She loves Jack.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. Who urges Sarah to have tea with some fine ladies?
4. What is Sarah's dog injured by?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A bull.
5. What does Sarah know when Jack goes back to the fort?
(a) She is suspicious of the ranch hand.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She loves Jack.
(d) She wants to move.
6. Who does Jack have to capture before he can come back to Sarah, on his last campaign?
(b) Red Wing.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Sitting Bull.
7. What does Sarah name her second baby?
8. Where has Jack Elliot been assigned when he is saved by Sarah?
9. Who shows great respect to Jack while he is traveling to see his father?
(a) A group of Indians.
(b) A military cadet.
(c) A restaurant owner.
(d) Some women on the train.
10. How is Jack injured on the train?
(a) He is stabbed in the arm.
(b) He is shot.
(c) His leg is broken.
(d) All of these.
11. How is Charlie injured when Sarah is pregnant for the fifth time?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) He cuts his hand.
(c) He bruises his knee.
(d) He sprains his ankle.
12. What is Sarah most busy with before she gets married to Jack?
13. When does Sarah plan to meet Jack's father?
(a) On her birthday.
(b) On Jack's birthday.
(c) After the wedding.
(d) At Christmas time.
14. Why does Sarah not want to leave Arizona for good?
(a) She has to be near her mother.
(b) She worked too hard to build things up there.
(c) They would be too close to Jack's father.
(d) Too much blood has been spilled there.
15. Who tells Sarah where Jack attended college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about her second marriage does Sarah say is so fulfilling?
2. What does Sarah donate to a new college?
3. Who proposes to Sarah after Jimmy's death?
4. Why does Sarah refuse her first proposal after Jimmy's death?
5. Where does Sarah try to sell what she makes with rouge and perfume?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)