|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blue Horse do while Sarah is in labor?
(a) Gathers herbs.
(b) Makes a dream catcher.
2. What is the name of the man Jack hires to tend the ranch?
3. Why does Sarah not dye her petticoats after Jimmy dies?
(a) She ran out of dye.
(b) It was not needed.
(c) She hated the color blue.
(d) He did not love her.
4. Why does Ruben's mother kill herself?
(a) Because she wants to be with her husband.
(b) Because she is in a lot of pain.
(c) So she won't be captured by Indians.
(d) So she won't die of rabies.
5. What does Sarah name her second baby?
6. Who does Jack have to capture before he can come back to Sarah, on his last campaign?
(a) Red Wing.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Daniel Boone.
7. Where does Sarah get some clothes for Jack Elliot?
(b) The store.
(c) Jimmy's trunk.
8. What does the dust on the horizon indicate?
(a) A stampede.
(b) A visitor.
(c) An Indian attack.
(d) The coming cavalry.
9. What does Sarah say that makes Jack cry?
(a) She is suspicious of the ranch hand.
(b) She wants to move.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She loves Jack.
10. What is Jack Elliot trapped under when Sarah finds him?
(a) A tree.
(b) A fence.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
11. Where does Jack want to build a new home after his second daughter is born?
(a) At the fort.
(b) Near the college.
(c) In town.
(d) On her mother's property.
12. What leads Sarah to Jack Elliot?
(a) A wren.
(b) Her dog.
(c) A hen.
(d) The vultures.
13. Where does Sarah try to sell what she makes with rouge and perfume?
14. What does Sarah suffer from most with her fifth pregnancy?
(b) Muscle cramps.
(d) Back ache.
15. What does Jack plant for Sarah?
(a) A strawberry bush.
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A maple tree.
(d) A pine tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Jack miss when he leaves on his last campaign?
2. What does Sarah know when Jack goes back to the fort?
3. Why does Jack want Sarah to move?
4. What does Sarah donate to a new college?
5. How is Jack injured on the train?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)