|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Elliot borrow from Sarah after he heals?
(a) A horse.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) A gun.
2. What does Sarah say she spends most of her time doing after having her second daughter?
(c) Cooking and cleaning.
3. What is Sarah most busy with before she gets married to Jack?
4. What does Sarah know when Jack goes back to the fort?
(a) She wants to move.
(b) She is suspicious of the ranch hand.
(c) She loves Jack.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Who begins courting Mama?
(b) Mr. Maldonado.
(d) Captain Ellory.
6. What happens to the book Sarah wants to buy from Jack?
(a) It is lost on the trail.
(b) It is destroyed in a battle.
(c) It is sold for food.
(d) It is damaged in water.
7. Where does Jack want Sarah to move?
(b) The fort.
8. Who comes to stay with Sarah when Jack leaves on his last campaign?
9. What does Sarah plan to call her second baby on a regular basis?
10. What does Sarah say Lockwood and his wife do constantly?
11. What does Sarah compare Jack's letters to?
(a) A dust cloud.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A spring shower.
(d) A rainbow.
12. Who urges Sarah to have tea with some fine ladies?
13. What is wrong with Jack when he returns from his last campaign?
(a) He has lost hearing in his left ear.
(b) He has a fever.
(c) He has an infected wound.
(d) He has fuzzy vision.
14. How does Sarah describe Lockwood's wife?
(a) High maintenance.
(c) Laid back.
15. When does Sarah plan to meet Jack's father?
(a) After the wedding.
(b) At Christmas time.
(c) On her birthday.
(d) On Jack's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarah's donation to the college written about?
2. Where does Sarah picnic with Jack Elliot?
3. Why does Sarah think Jack might be ashamed of her?
4. Why does Ruben's mother kill herself?
5. Who saves Sarah from an Indian attack?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)