|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Maldanado child dies of the disease?
2. Why does Sarah misspell her sickness?
(a) She can't find it in the dictionary.
(b) That is how the doctor spelled it.
(c) She has never seen it written.
(d) She prefers her own spelling of the word.
3. What is Sarah's last name?
4. How does Mother's courter talk to her?
5. Who talks to Sarah about men and women?
(a) Captain Elliot.
6. What happens to Ulyssa when she is sent to fetch water?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is raped.
7. Why does Sarah plan to hide her dogs from the men?
(a) She doesn't want her dogs stolen.
(b) She doesn't want them to shoot the dogs.
(c) She saw some of the men beating their dogs.
(d) She heard a man talk about selling dogs for money.
8. How old is Ernest when he loses a leg?
9. What does Captain Elliot say in his letter after hearing of Sarah's engagement?
(a) The book is no longer for sale.
(b) He wants his horses back.
(c) She is a flimsy puff of a woman.
(d) He wishes her all the luck in the world.
10. How many women are married to the Mormon man in the wagon train?
11. What color sunbonnet has Sarah always longed for?
12. What color sunbonnet does Sarah always wear?
13. Why does Sarah stay the night at Jimmy's house after telling him of the baby?
(a) All of these.
(b) It gets too dark.
(c) A storm comes on.
(d) A strange man comes to visit.
14. What does Jimmy want Sarah to keep records of?
(a) The foals born.
(b) Her cycles.
(c) Their finances.
(d) The eggs they sell.
15. How do Sarah's parents feel after Clover's death?
(a) Full of guilt.
(b) Ready to move on.
(c) In a daze.
(d) Weighed down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Harlan at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Ernest lose a leg?
3. Who goes with Mother to file the land claim?
4. Who performs the marriage ceremony for Albert and Savannah?
5. What happens in the wagon train on December 15th?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)