|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mother's courter once fight with?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Revolutionsits.
(c) The Union.
(d) The Confederacy.
2. What is the woman in the story-page wearing?
(a) A scarlet dress.
(b) A black veil.
(c) A yellow sunbonnet.
(d) A white scarf.
3. What had one of the slaughterers been doing to Sarah before the event?
(a) Staying drunk all the time.
(b) Whittling a sharp knife.
(c) Talking in low voices.
(d) Making eyes at her.
4. What kind of leg does Ernest make for himself?
5. How does Sarah see Ernest after he loses a leg?
(a) Young and helpless.
(b) Weak and shallow.
(c) Strong and courageous.
(d) Fearful and alone.
6. What do the Maldanados get sick with?
(c) Small Pox.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
7. What happens to Sarah's train in the rain?
(a) It continues through the night.
(b) It damages the engine.
(c) It slips the track.
(d) It is stalled.
8. What does Sarah have to protect her chicken coop from?
9. How do Sarah's parents feel after Clover's death?
(a) Ready to move on.
(b) Weighed down.
(c) In a daze.
(d) Full of guilt.
10. What do Indians do when they see the dead men who hurt Ulyssa?
(a) Bury the bodies.
(b) Give furs to the girls.
(c) Burn the bodies.
(d) Take their scalps.
11. What does Harlan think his mother might do someday?
(a) Come to her senses.
(b) Thank Sarah.
(c) Marry again.
12. What does Savannah ask Sarah to teach her?
(a) How to cook.
(b) How to shoot.
(c) How to clean a chicken.
(d) How to read.
13. What does Sarah write when she falls ill?
(b) A poem.
(c) The beginning of her journal.
(d) Her will.
14. What is Captain Elliot's first name?
15. What does Captain Elliot do during the Indian attack?
(a) Sounds the alarm.
(b) Serves as a sniper.
(c) Fights viciously.
(d) Runs and hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy have to build on to his house after he and Sarah are married?
2. What is Savannah's last name?
3. What is the first thing Sarah describes in this book?
4. What advice does Savannah give Sarah when she is pregnant?
5. Who slaughters an Indian village in January?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)