|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 24, 1881, through January 11, 1882.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is overflowing in the pockets of Sarah's father's pocket at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens in the wagon train on December 15th?
(a) A woman has a still-born child.
(b) The Indians attack.
(c) Sarah's mother goes into a trance.
(d) Some horses are stolen.
3. What is the name of the horse Sarah breaks in?
4. Why does Ernest want to join the military?
(a) He wants to make some money.
(b) He wants to fight Indians.
(c) He wants to make his father proud.
(d) He wants to pay for his schooling.
5. What does Ernest brag about when he is with the other men?
(a) His tolerance for pain.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His shooting ability.
(d) His tracking ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Savannah doing when she announces that she is pregnant?
2. How are Albert and Sarah related?
3. What does Clover die of?
4. What do the people in the wagon train notice every morning?
5. How old is Ernest when he loses a leg?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)