|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1, 1884, through July 31, 1885.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah not dye her petticoats after Jimmy dies?
(a) He did not love her.
(b) She hated the color blue.
(c) It was not needed.
(d) She ran out of dye.
2. What does Jimmy have to build on to his house after he and Sarah are married?
(a) A barn.
(b) A sewing room.
(c) A milking room.
(d) A nursery.
3. What do Indians do when they see the dead men who hurt Ulyssa?
(a) Take their scalps.
(b) Bury the bodies.
(c) Burn the bodies.
(d) Give furs to the girls.
4. Why does Ernest want to join the military?
(a) He wants to fight Indians.
(b) He wants to pay for his schooling.
(c) He wants to make some money.
(d) He wants to make his father proud.
5. Who saves Sarah from an Indian attack?
(d) Jack Elliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sarah picnic with Jack Elliot?
2. What is Sarah's last name?
3. What creek does the family settle by?
4. What does Captain Elliot say in his letter after hearing of Sarah's engagement?
5. What kind of leg does Ernest make for himself?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)