|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1, 1884, through July 31, 1885.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah not dye her petticoats after Jimmy dies?
(a) It was not needed.
(b) He did not love her.
(c) She ran out of dye.
(d) She hated the color blue.
2. How does Sarah see Ernest after he loses a leg?
(a) Young and helpless.
(b) Strong and courageous.
(c) Fearful and alone.
(d) Weak and shallow.
3. What does Sarah do when she is sent by her mother for some water?
(a) Goes fishing.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Writes about her day.
(d) Takes a detour.
4. What does Savannah name her baby boy?
5. Who leaves the settled place with the Captain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sarah say she needs to answer Jimmy's proposal?
2. What does Jimmy have to build on to his house after he and Sarah are married?
3. What page number of a story does Sarah find?
4. Why does Ernest want to join the military?
5. What creek does the family settle by?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)