Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
3. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
5. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
Initially in the novel, Kino finds his sense of security and hope in his family, his hut and his canoe. How is his sense of security and comfort redefined after he finds the pearl?
1.) How does the pearl change Kino's dreams for his family?
2.) How does the pearl change his relationship with his family, especially with Juana who was previously a huge source of comfort to him?
The doctor represents quack medicine and trickery in the novel. How does the villagers' ignorance allow the doctor to get away with his scams? What is the doctor motivated by? How does this motivation affect Kino and his family?
Rewrite the ending of the novel, starting when Kino stabs the dark figure on the path.
How does Kino eventually solve the problem of the pearl? Where does the family live now that their house has been burned and their canoe destroyed? What reprecussions does Kino suffer because he has a large pearl yet stabbed a man while defending himself?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)