|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards the mountaintops.
(b) Towards the United States.
(c) Towards the beach again.
(d) Towards Loreto.
2. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A rabid dog.
(c) An unknown person.
(d) The doctor.
3. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She sings an ancient ritual song.
(b) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(c) She does an ancient dance.
(d) She drinks an ancient potion.
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(d) He kisses her.
5. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
2. Which song does Kino not sing in his head throughout the novel?
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
4. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
5. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
2. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
5. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
6. What happened before when the pearl buyers got together and tried to have a pearl representative take their goods to the capital?
7. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
8. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
9. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
10. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)