|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
(a) Take the canoe to the capital.
(b) Go back to the pearl buyers.
(c) Avenge his attackers.
(d) Have a town meeting.
2. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(d) He hugs her.
3. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) Incoherent mumbling.
(d) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
4. What do Kino and Juana do when they walk back into town at the end of the novel?
(a) Go to Juan's home.
(b) Throw their pearl into the sea.
(c) Visit the priest.
(d) Take Coyotito to the doctor.
5. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A piece of smooth wood.
(b) Black stones.
(c) A little black velvet tray.
(d) A money purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
3. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
4. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
5. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
2. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
3. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
4. Describe the man and trackers as they rest for the night.
5. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
6. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
7. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
8. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
9. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
10. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)