|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
(a) She throws sand over him to try and bury him.
(b) She screams and runs away.
(c) She walks over him and continues home.
(d) She realizes they must save themselves.
2. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) His right hand.
(b) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(c) Both hands.
(d) His left hand.
3. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is too large.
(b) It is too yellow.
(c) It is a joke.
(d) It is too small.
4. Why does Kino take off his white clothes in Chapter 6?
(a) He doesn't want to startle Coyotito.
(b) To sneak in the dark without being detected.
(c) He wants new clothes.
(d) He is embarrassed by them.
5. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) Birds in the trees.
(b) The nearby town activity.
(c) Fish swimming.
(d) Ants marching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
2. What is the name of Kino's town?
3. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
4. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
5. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened before when the pearl buyers got together and tried to have a pearl representative take their goods to the capital?
2. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
3. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
4. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
5. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
6. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
7. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
8. Why do all the divers leave their canoes on the beach the morning after Kino's big pearl find?
9. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
10. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)