|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) When they yell at him.
(b) In his delirium.
(c) After breakfast.
(d) In his dream.
2. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A corncake.
(c) A twig.
(d) Her breast for feeding.
3. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of Hope and Song of Happiness.
(b) Song of the Pearl and Song of the Family.
(c) Song of Hope and Song of the Pearl.
(d) Song of Evil and Song of the Pearl.
4. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Tries to steal his pearl.
(d) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
5. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
(a) The other neighbors.
(b) The dark ones.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
2. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
3. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
4. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
5. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
2. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
3. Where does Kino hope to lose the trackers?
4. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
5. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
7. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
8. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
9. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
10. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)