|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A rabid dog.
(c) An unknown person.
(d) The doctor.
2. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Incoherent mumbling.
(d) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
3. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) Two decades old.
(b) 800-years old.
(c) 400-years old.
(d) 1,000-years old.
4. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) A twig.
(b) Her breast for feeding.
(c) A corncake.
(d) A piece of candy.
5. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(c) There is a huge hole in it.
(d) Someone has lit a fire on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
2. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
4. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
5. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coyotito get shot?
2. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
4. What happened before when the pearl buyers got together and tried to have a pearl representative take their goods to the capital?
5. Where does Kino hope to lose the trackers?
6. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
7. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
8. When Kino says, "I am a man" to Juana, what does that mean to her?
9. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
10. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)