|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) A new piece of cloth.
(b) Old, soft deerskin.
(c) One of Juana's shawls.
(d) A piece of paper.
2. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(b) Someone has stolen it.
(c) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(d) There is a huge hole in it.
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) A thousand pesos.
(b) A trip to the United States.
(c) Ten pesos.
(d) A few dollars.
4. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
(a) A large stick.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A stone from the fire hole.
(d) Her shoe.
5. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Leaving his home.
(b) Killing a man.
(c) Killing an animal.
(d) Killing a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
2. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
3. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
4. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
2. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
3. What happens to the gold coin of the pearl buyer when Kino enters the room in Chapter 4?
4. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
5. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
6. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
7. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
8. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
9. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
10. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)