|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) She realizes they must save themselves.
(c) She walks over him and continues home.
(d) She throws sand over him to try and bury him.
2. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
(b) Incoherent mumbling.
(c) Good riddance.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
3. Why does Kino take off his white clothes in Chapter 6?
(a) To sneak in the dark without being detected.
(b) He doesn't want to startle Coyotito.
(c) He wants new clothes.
(d) He is embarrassed by them.
4. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too yellow.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too large.
5. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
(a) The mountains.
(b) To the beach.
(c) Back to Juan's house.
(d) Back to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
2. What song is in Kino's head as he races over the mountains in Chapter 6?
3. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
4. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
5. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
4. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
5. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
6. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
7. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
8. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
9. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
10. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)