|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
2. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
(a) He would not have been attacked otherwise.
(b) He hears it talking to him.
(c) He believes it in his soul.
(d) He got it appraised earlier.
3. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
(a) To the capital.
(b) To come back tomorrow.
(c) To another town.
(d) To another country.
4. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She does an ancient dance.
(b) She sings an ancient ritual song.
(c) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(d) She drinks an ancient potion.
5. Why does the watcher shoot his rifle?
(a) He is going after Kino.
(b) He wants to silence the coyote cry.
(c) He wants to make sure it works.
(d) He sees Coyotito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
2. What makes the watcher stop to listen to the night sounds in Chapter 6?
3. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
4. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
5. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kino says, "I am a man" to Juana, what does that mean to her?
2. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
3. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
4. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
5. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
6. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
7. Name some of the things the other villagers say they would do if they had the great pearl.
8. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
9. What happens to the gold coin of the pearl buyer when Kino enters the room in Chapter 4?
10. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)