|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They allow another family to live inside it.
(b) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(c) They bulldoze it.
(d) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
2. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(d) Back to the beach.
3. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Two million pesos.
(d) Two dollars.
4. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(b) Someone has stolen it.
(c) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(d) There is a huge hole in it.
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(b) On the back of the goat.
(c) on a chariot.
(d) On a donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
2. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
3. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
4. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
5. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
2. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
3. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
4. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
5. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
6. Why do all the divers leave their canoes on the beach the morning after Kino's big pearl find?
7. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
8. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
9. What happens to the gold coin of the pearl buyer when Kino enters the room in Chapter 4?
10. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)