|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(b) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
(c) Tries to steal his pearl.
(d) Yells at him.
2. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
(a) Back to Juan's house.
(b) To the beach.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Back to town.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
(a) Bury it in the sand.
(b) Smash it.
(c) Throw it in the water.
(d) Sell it quickly.
4. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
(c) Incoherent mumbling.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
5. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(a) Back to the beach.
(c) To a mountain community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
2. How old is Kino's tribe?
3. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
4. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
5. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
2. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
3. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
4. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
5. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
6. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
7. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
8. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
9. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
10. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)