|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kino hesitate to attack the watcher in Chapter 6?
(a) The moon comes out.
(b) The watcher hears him.
(c) Another tracker wakes up and distracts him.
(d) The watcher sees him.
2. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(b) She constantly feeds him.
(c) She smothers him.
(d) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
3. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(c) Back to the beach.
4. Which song does Kino not sing in his head throughout the novel?
(a) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Hopeful.
(d) Song of Evil.
5. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
(a) The Texas.
(b) Loreto or San Rosalia.
(c) Their town.
(d) The capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
2. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
3. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
4. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
5. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)