|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(d) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
2. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) A week.
(b) Only until a new night arrives.
(c) One hour.
(d) A month.
3. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) Poverty itself.
(b) A pain.
(d) A fire.
4. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Killing a boat.
(b) Leaving his home.
(c) Killing an animal.
(d) Killing a man.
5. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
2. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
3. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
4. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
5. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kino says, "I am a man" to Juana, what does that mean to her?
2. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
3. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
4. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
5. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
6. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
7. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
8. How does Coyotito get shot?
9. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
10. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)