|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not something Kino does over the mountains to trick the trackers?
(a) Go south and leave a sign.
(b) Zigzag his path.
(c) Circle back on his original path.
(d) Drop some clothing.
2. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She constantly feeds him.
(b) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
(c) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(d) She smothers him.
3. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The bright streets.
(b) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
(c) The neighborhoods.
(d) The doorways.
4. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(a) A pearl buyer.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The priest.
5. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His boots.
(b) His pants.
(c) His straw hat.
(d) His sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
2. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
3. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
4. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
5. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man and trackers as they rest for the night.
2. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
3. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
4. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
5. What does Kino do when the dark figure attacks him on the path back home in Chapter 5?
6. Why do all the divers leave their canoes on the beach the morning after Kino's big pearl find?
7. Name some of the things the other villagers say they would do if they had the great pearl.
8. How does Coyotito get shot?
9. Where does Kino hope to lose the trackers?
10. What happened before when the pearl buyers got together and tried to have a pearl representative take their goods to the capital?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)