|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
(a) He is filled with rage.
(b) He is surprised but calm.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ecstatic.
2. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) Old, soft deerskin.
(b) One of Juana's shawls.
(c) A new piece of cloth.
(d) A piece of paper.
3. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
4. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
(a) Go back to the pearl buyers.
(b) Avenge his attackers.
(c) Have a town meeting.
(d) Take the canoe to the capital.
5. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
(a) He got it appraised earlier.
(b) He believes it in his soul.
(c) He would not have been attacked otherwise.
(d) He hears it talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
2. What is the name of Kino's town?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
5. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)