|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(d) In a corner of his hut.
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They allow another family to live inside it.
3. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Salt water.
(c) Oyster juice.
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(c) Back to the beach.
5. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(b) A pearl buyer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
2. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
3. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
5. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)