|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
(a) Near the riverbank.
(b) By the road where deer have previously lain.
(c) In a deserted house.
(d) Under a large tree.
2. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) Every woman in the village.
(c) The priest.
3. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) 400-years old.
(b) 1,000-years old.
(c) Two decades old.
(d) 800-years old.
4. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
(a) His livelihood.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His son's chance to go to school.
(d) his soul.
5. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He wants to sell it.
(b) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(c) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
(d) He feels it will save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
2. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
4. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)