|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dog.
(b) He trips and breaks his leg.
(c) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(d) He gets lost going home.
2. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(a) To the Capital.
(d) Out into the sea.
3. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) There is a huge hole in it.
(d) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
4. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
(a) In a shallow cave.
(b) In a massive cave that holds cave water.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) By a large rock.
5. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
(a) A silver pen.
(b) A scarlet hibiscus flower.
(c) A wad of money.
(d) A small knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is in Kino's head as he races over the mountains in Chapter 6?
2. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
3. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
4. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
5. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kino do when the dark figure attacks him on the path back home in Chapter 5?
2. How does Coyotito get shot?
3. What happened before when the pearl buyers got together and tried to have a pearl representative take their goods to the capital?
4. When Kino says, "I am a man" to Juana, what does that mean to her?
5. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
6. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
7. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
8. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
9. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
10. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)