|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is filled with rage.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is surprised but calm.
2. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A new piece of cloth.
(c) Old, soft deerskin.
(d) One of Juana's shawls.
3. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The shore.
(b) The capital.
(c) The town.
(d) The mountains.
4. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(b) On the back of the goat.
(c) on a chariot.
(d) On a donkey.
5. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) Two pesos.
(b) Ten pesos.
(c) 15 pesos.
(d) 500 pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
2. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
3. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
4. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
5. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do all the divers leave their canoes on the beach the morning after Kino's big pearl find?
2. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
3. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
4. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
5. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
6. How does Coyotito get shot?
7. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
8. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
9. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
10. Describe the man and trackers as they rest for the night.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)