|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) Her breast for feeding.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) A corncake.
(d) A twig.
2. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(b) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
3. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(c) Every woman in the village.
4. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The bright streets.
(b) The neighborhoods.
(c) The doorways.
(d) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
5. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) The ancient magic.
(b) A large stone he is carrying.
(c) His knife.
(d) His rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
2. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
3. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
4. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Kino hesitate to attack the watcher in Chapter 6?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)