|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late Evening.
2. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She constantly feeds him.
(b) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(c) She smothers him.
(d) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
3. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(d) They allow another family to live inside it.
4. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) More than 1,000 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 2,000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
5. Which song does Kino not sing in his head throughout the novel?
(a) Song of the Family.
(b) Song of the Hopeful.
(c) Song of Evil.
(d) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
2. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
3. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Kino hesitate to attack the watcher in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
2. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
3. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
4. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
5. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
6. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
7. Name some of the things the other villagers say they would do if they had the great pearl.
8. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
9. Describe the place where Juana and Kino spend the day in Chapter 6 while they are on the run.
10. What motivation do the pearl buyers have to purchase the great pearl at a low price?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)