|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kino take off his white clothes in Chapter 6?
(a) He wants new clothes.
(b) He is embarrassed by them.
(c) To sneak in the dark without being detected.
(d) He doesn't want to startle Coyotito.
2. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
(a) The morning sun comes up.
(b) He has a torch.
(c) Their fire is very bright.
(d) One of the men lights a match.
3. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(b) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
4. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They fight each other to use his canoe.
(b) They ransack his house.
(c) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
(d) They leave their canoes on the beach.
5. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(b) A cart's wheel path.
(c) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
2. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
3. Why does the watcher shoot his rifle?
4. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
5. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Juan Tomas and Kino talk about on the way to sell the pearl?
2. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
3. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
4. Why does Juana try to destroy the pearl after their failed attempt at selling it?
5. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
6. How do the pearl buyers operate to buy a pearl?
7. How does Coyotito get shot?
8. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
9. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
10. Why do all the divers leave their canoes on the beach the morning after Kino's big pearl find?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)