|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Crush it between two stones.
(b) Give it to Juan Tomas.
(c) Give it to the church.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
2. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
(a) his soul.
(b) His livelihood.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His son's chance to go to school.
3. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) To sleep in the church.
(b) To destroy the pearl.
(c) To run after their attacker.
(d) To find the pearl buyer and sell the pearl quickly.
4. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(b) He gets lost going home.
(c) He trips and breaks his leg.
(d) He is attacked by a dog.
5. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) His right hand.
(b) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(c) His left hand.
(d) Both hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
2. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
3. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
4. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
5. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)