|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
2. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
(a) Near the riverbank.
(b) In a deserted house.
(c) By the road where deer have previously lain.
(d) Under a large tree.
3. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) Fish swimming.
(b) Ants marching.
(c) The nearby town activity.
(d) Birds in the trees.
4. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(b) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(c) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(d) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
5. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
(a) The capital.
(b) Their town.
(c) The Texas.
(d) Loreto or San Rosalia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
2. Why does Kino hesitate to attack the watcher in Chapter 6?
3. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
4. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
5. What is the name of Kino's town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man and trackers as they rest for the night.
2. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
3. What is Kino's plan of attack if the trackers do not pass his family on the road?
4. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
5. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
6. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
7. How does Coyotito get shot?
8. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
9. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
10. What does Kino do when the dark figure attacks him on the path back home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)