|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) 800-years old.
(b) Two decades old.
(c) 400-years old.
(d) 1,000-years old.
2. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(c) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(d) He kisses her.
3. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A piece of smooth wood.
(b) Black stones.
(c) A money purse.
(d) A little black velvet tray.
4. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
5. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(a) A river.
(c) A cart's wheel path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
2. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
3. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
4. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
5. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the attack in the dark in Chapter 5, Kino believes the pearl is gone, but who finds it?
2. Name some of the things the other villagers say they would do if they had the great pearl.
3. What does Juana do when she senses Kino running after her in the dark when she is going to throw the pearl back into the sea?
4. What is Kino's plan after he and his family sneak past the trackers on the mountaintop?
5. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
6. What happens to the gold coin of the pearl buyer when Kino enters the room in Chapter 4?
7. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
8. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
9. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
10. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)