|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Sucks the puncture wound.
(b) Slaps his wound area.
(c) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(d) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
2. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(b) Kino's salvation.
(c) Blessing Coyotito.
(d) Repairs necessary for the church.
3. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has changed colors.
(b) The poison has receded from his body.
(c) The poultice has infected his body.
(d) His body is now blue.
4. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) The priest again.
(b) Two men; one is the doctor.
(c) Kino's parents.
(d) Juan and Apolonia.
5. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) The wind blows it into his bed.
(b) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(c) Coyotito reaches for it.
(d) It lunges for his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
2. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
3. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
4. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
5. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
2. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
3. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
4. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
5. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
6. Name some of the dreams that Kino has with his pearl?
7. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
8. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
9. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
10. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)