|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(c) Tightening Throat.
2. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A large pearl.
(c) The Pearl of the World.
(d) A huge fish.
3. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) One minute.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
4. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like children.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like mute people.
5. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
(b) Brown seaweed.
(c) Oyster shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Coyotito get stung?
3. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
5. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does ?
2. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
3. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
4. Name the two colors that make up the canoes that line the beach.
5. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
6. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
7. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
8. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
9. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
10. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)