|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Evil.
(c) Song of Happiness.
(d) Song of the Home.
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(a) Salt water.
(c) Brown seaweed.
(d) A dead fish.
4. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a crab.
(b) The size of a seagull's egg.
(c) The size of Coyotito's head.
(d) The size of a fish.
5. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
2. What is the baby's name?
3. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
4. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
5. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
2. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
3. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
4. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
5. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
6. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
7. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
8. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
9. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
10. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)