|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) When he wakes up in the morning.
(b) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
(c) While diving for oysters.
(d) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
2. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(c) Bad fruit.
(d) Bad seafood.
3. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(b) He made it.
4. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(c) Dark Blue.
5. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) A hanging box.
(b) A crib.
(c) On the floor.
(d) With his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife in the story?
2. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
4. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
5. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
2. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
3. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
4. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
5. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
6. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
7. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
8. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
9. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
10. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)