|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the beach sand?
2. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a seagull's egg.
(b) The size of a fish.
(c) The size of a crab.
(d) The size of Coyotito's head.
3. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
4. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
(a) Bright green.
(c) Pale blue.
(d) Dark blue.
5. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
(b) Dreams forming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
2. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
3. What is the name of the main character?
4. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
5. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
2. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
3. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
4. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
5. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
6. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
7. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
8. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
9. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
10. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)