|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) The gold.
(b) Pearls from oysters.
2. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of Coyotito's head.
(b) The size of a seagull's egg.
(c) The size of a crab.
(d) The size of a fish.
3. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(b) A button-down shirt for school.
(c) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(d) Bright socks with no holes.
4. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(c) Dark Blue.
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Eel grass.
(b) Moray eels.
(c) Sea horses/
(d) Spotted botete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
2. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
3. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
5. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
2. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
3. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
4. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
5. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
6. Name some of the dreams that Kino has with his pearl?
7. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
8. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
9. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
10. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)