|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of the Home.
(b) Song of Happiness.
(c) Song of Evil.
(d) Song of the Family.
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A basket and the boat.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A heavy stone and a basket.
(d) The boat and a heavy stone.
3. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) His canoe.
(c) One tiny pearl.
(d) Eight misshapen pearls.
4. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
(a) Makes the bed.
(b) Lights a fire.
(c) Get dressed.
(d) Checks on Coyotito.
5. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he and Juana will be married.
(b) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(c) That he will buy a car.
(d) That he will move.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
2. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
3. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
4. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
5. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
2. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
3. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
4. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
5. What does Juana look like?
6. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
7. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
8. Describe the water Kino's family finds while on the run in Chapter 6.
9. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
10. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)