|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
(a) Song of the Enemy.
(b) Song of Evil.
(c) Song of the Stinging.
(d) Song of Anger.
2. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(b) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(c) He drops the pearl by accident.
(d) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
3. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(a) Brown seaweed.
(b) Salt water.
(d) A dead fish.
4. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(b) Pearls from oysters.
(d) The gold.
5. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
3. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
4. How many children does Juana have?
5. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
2. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
3. Name some of the dreams that Kino has with his pearl?
4. Name the two colors that make up the canoes that line the beach.
5. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
6. Why does ?
7. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
8. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
9. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
10. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)