|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has infected his body.
(b) The poison has receded from his body.
(c) His body is now blue.
(d) The poultice has changed colors.
2. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Screams at Juana.
3. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) The richest man in town.
(b) A nominee for sainthood.
(c) Everyone's best friend.
(d) Every man's enemy.
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
(a) The crackle of the fire.
(b) The crickets and frogs.
(c) The conch shell horns.
(d) The wolves howling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
2. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
3. How many children does Juana have?
4. What is the baby's name?
5. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Juana’s appearance?
2. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
3. How does Juana merge different belief systems in the novel?
4. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl? Why?
5. What is considered to be as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
6. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
7. How is Kino’s home described?
8. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
9. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
10. What does Kino dream about in regards to the pearl?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)