|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A duck.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A young boy.
2. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will have a rifle too.
(b) That he will own a canoe as well.
(c) That he will go to school.
(d) That he will become a doctor.
3. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(b) Slaps his wound area.
(c) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(d) Sucks the puncture wound.
4. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(b) Kino's salvation.
(c) Blessing Coyotito.
(d) Repairs necessary for the church.
5. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She says nothing at all.
(b) "Hail Mary."
(c) "Song of Evil."
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
2. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
3. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What stings Coyotito?
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
2. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
3. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
4. Name some of the theories Juan Tomas gives the neighbors to divert suspicion as to what happened to Kino and his family in Chapter 5.
5. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
6. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
7. Name some of the things the other villagers say they would do if they had the great pearl.
8. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
9. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
10. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)