|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of Diving.
(b) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(c) Song of Hope.
(d) Song of the Sea.
2. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
(b) Puffer fish.
(c) Brown algae.
3. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The crops.
(b) Kino's canoe.
(c) The fish.
(d) The sea.
4. What city does the doctor dream of?
(c) New York City.
5. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(c) It lunges for his face.
(d) The wind blows it into his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stings Coyotito?
2. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
3. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
4. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
5. Where does Coyotito get stung?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
2. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
3. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
4. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
5. Why does ?
6. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
7. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
8. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
9. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
10. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)