|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) With his parents.
(b) On the floor.
(c) A crib.
(d) A hanging box.
2. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
(a) They argue with each other.
(b) They run to his house.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They giggle.
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His home.
(b) His snorkeling gear.
(c) His carving stick.
(d) His canoe.
4. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Nothing; he's too stunned.
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(b) The song of evil and song of family.
(c) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(d) The song of family and of the pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
2. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
3. What is a pearl made from?
4. Where is the town located near?
5. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
2. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
3. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
4. What does Juana look like?
5. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
6. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
7. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
8. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
9. What does Juana do as soon as the scorpion bites Coyotito?
10. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)