|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the doctor dream of?
(d) New York City.
2. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(c) She gets up and walks out.
(d) She shakes her head at him.
3. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) A rock.
(b) A strong, short knife.
(c) Another oyster.
(d) The side of the canoe.
5. What is the name of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the baby's name?
2. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
3. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
4. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
2. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
3. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
4. What does Juana look like?
5. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
6. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
7. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
8. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
9. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
10. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)