|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(c) He made it.
3. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Tries to pick it up.
(b) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
4. What color is the beach sand?
5. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) To buy a new canoe.
(b) To have another child.
(c) To own a Winchester rifle.
(d) To purchase a harpoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
2. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
3. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
4. How big is Kino's great pearl?
5. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
2. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
3. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
4. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
5. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
6. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
7. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
8. What does Juana do as soon as the scorpion bites Coyotito?
9. What do the people of the Gulf trust?
10. What does Juana look like?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)