Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat every morning?
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a heavy stone.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A basket and the boat.
(d) A heavy stone and a basket.
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(b) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
4. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
(a) The crackle of the fire.
(b) The wolves howling.
(c) The conch shell horns.
(d) The crickets and frogs.
5. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(d) It lunges for his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
2. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
3. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
4. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
5. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kino's home while he is being attacked by the dark figure in Chapter 5?
2. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
3. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
4. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
5. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
6. Where does Kino want to go after he leaves Juan Tomas's house in Chapter 5?
7. What do the neighbors fear will happen to Kino after finding the giant pearl?
8. Name some of the dreams that Kino has with his pearl?
9. Why does Kino take off his clothes in Chapter 6?
10. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)