|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his shoulder.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his stomach.
(d) On his face.
2. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) The puncture would.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His skin.
(d) His eyelid.
3. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(b) Screams at Juana.
4. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of Coyotito's head.
(b) The size of a crab.
(c) The size of a seagull's egg.
(d) The size of a fish.
5. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(b) A small green pill.
(c) A white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
(d) A liquid drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located near the town where Kino's family lives?
2. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
3. What color does the narrator describe the beach sand as being in Chapter 2?
4. How many children does Juana have?
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
2. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl? Why are they happy?
3. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
4. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
5. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head? What does this song represent?
6. How is Kino’s home described?
7. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
8. Why does Kino become afraid after talking about his dreams?
9. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
10. What does Juana do as soon as the scorpion bites Coyotito? Is this effective?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)