|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) A crib.
(b) On the floor.
(c) A hanging box.
(d) With his parents.
2. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a fish.
(b) The size of a crab.
(c) The size of a seagull's egg.
(d) The size of Coyotito's head.
3. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) The puncture would.
(b) His skin.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His eyelid.
4. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Screams at Juana.
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) I want it.
(b) Avoid the oyster.
(c) Open it.
(d) Crush it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
2. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
3. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. Who knows all the sins of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juana look like?
2. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
3. Where is the big oyster located underwater?
4. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
5. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
6. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
7. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
8. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
9. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
10. Why does ?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)