Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) It lunges for his face.
(b) Coyotito reaches for it.
(c) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(d) The wind blows it into his bed.
2. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) One minute.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Over two minutes.
3. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She calls for the doctor.
(b) She screams and attacks Kino
(c) She walks out of the house
(d) She drops him on the floor.
4. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The town police.
(c) The judge.
5. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
(b) When he wakes up in the morning.
(c) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
(d) While diving for oysters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the beach sand?
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
3. What is a pearl made from?
4. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
2. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
3. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
4. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
5. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
6. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
7. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
8. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
9. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
10. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)