|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their minds.
(c) Their imagination.
(d) The spirits.
3. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) The side of the canoe.
(b) A rock.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) Another oyster.
5. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Slaps his wound area.
(d) Sucks the puncture wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
2. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
3. Where is the town located near?
4. What color is the beach sand?
5. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
2. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
3. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
4. Why does Juana not believe the poultice to be a good solution for Coyotito?
5. Why does ?
6. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
7. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
8. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
9. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
10. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)