|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Every man's enemy.
(b) Everyone's best friend.
(c) The richest man in town.
(d) A nominee for sainthood.
2. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) Kino's parents.
(c) Two men; one is the doctor.
(d) The priest again.
3. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) A small green pill.
(c) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
(d) A liquid drink.
4. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(b) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(c) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(d) He drops the pearl by accident.
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His carving stick.
(b) His home.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His snorkeling gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
2. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
3. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
4. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
5. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kino want Coyotito to go to school?
2. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
3. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
4. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
5. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
6. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
7. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
8. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
9. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
10. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)