|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's canoe made from?
(a) Broken shells made smooth.
(c) Waterproof plaster.
2. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
3. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(c) The priest.
4. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) Brown seaweed.
(c) Salt water.
5. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She calls for the doctor.
(b) She screams and attacks Kino
(c) She walks out of the house
(d) She drops him on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
2. How long can Kino stay under the water?
3. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
4. Where is the town located near?
5. What color is Kino's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kino say he will go to sell his pearl?
2. Name some of the dreams that Kino has with his pearl?
3. What do the other canoeists do when they hear Kino's howl of happiness after finding his giant pearl?
4. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
5. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
6. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
7. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
8. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
9. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
10. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)