|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) "Song of Evil."
(b) She screams.
(c) She says nothing at all.
(d) "Hail Mary."
2. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mute people.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like children.
3. What color is the beach sand?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A large pearl.
(c) A huge fish.
(d) The Pearl of the World.
5. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(b) Bright socks with no holes.
(c) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(d) A button-down shirt for school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
2. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
3. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
4. What is the name of the wife in the story?
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kino tell Apolonia that he is not dead?
2. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
3. Describe the clothing of Juana, Coyotito and Kino on the day of the pearl sale.
4. Why do Juana and Kino run in the wagon tracks?
5. What happens in Kino's dream in Chapter 6 while on the run?
6. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
7. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
8. Why does Juana shrill for Kino when she sees Coyotito in Chapter 2?
9. Why does Kino wear his straw hat at a specific angle while trying to sell his pearl?
10. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)