|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't in his office.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't feeling well.
(d) He was in Paris.
2. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) I want it.
(b) Avoid the oyster.
(c) Crush it.
(d) Open it.
3. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of Coyotito's head.
(b) The size of a crab.
(c) The size of a fish.
(d) The size of a seagull's egg.
4. What is the baby's name?
(c) Little Kino.
5. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(a) Bad fruit.
(d) Bad seafood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
2. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
3. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
4. How many children does Juana have?
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
2. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
3. How does Juana react when she sees the pearl for the first time?
4. What does the Song of the Family symbolize to Kino?
5. Why does ?
6. What does Juana ask for when Coyotito is stung?
7. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
8. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
9. When does the first hint of the Song of Evil come to Kino with his pearl?
10. In Chapter 3, when others think about Kino's pearl, how do they think of Kino himself?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)