|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(b) Bad seafood.
(d) Bad fruit.
2. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(d) The priest.
3. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
4. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(b) The Pearl of the World.
(c) A large pearl.
(d) A huge fish.
5. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Paddle to him.
(b) Try to tip over his canoe.
(c) Start diving on his oysters.
(d) Scream at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
2. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
3. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
4. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
5. What is the name of the wife in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the Song of Evil first enter Kino's head?
2. Who are the only people happy about Kino's pearl?
3. Describe how Juana mixes the ancient beliefs and Christianity together.
4. What does the town call the pearl when they hear about it?
5. Why does Kino always have a song in his head?
6. Name some of the townspeople that are described as thinking about what the pearl could do for them when they hear about Kino's news.
7. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
8. What does Juana do as soon as the scorpion bites Coyotito?
9. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
10. What does Juana look like?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)