|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his shoulder.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his leg.
(d) On his stomach.
2. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The crops.
(b) The sea.
(c) The fish.
(d) Kino's canoe.
3. What is the baby's name?
(c) Little Kino.
4. What is the name of the main character?
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Avoid the oyster.
(b) Crush it.
(c) I want it.
(d) Open it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
2. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
3. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. What does the family eat every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does word travel so fast that Kino has a great pearl?
2. What does Juana do as soon as the scorpion bites Coyotito?
3. Where do the divers find their goods to sell?
4. What does Juana look like?
5. How long can Kino stay underwater without problem?
6. What is considered as good as the doctor's remedy for Coyotito's shoulder?
7. Why does ?
8. How does Kino react when he sees the scorpion is about to bite Coyotito?
9. Why does Kino respect his canoe so much?
10. Describe Kino and Juana's home.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)