|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(b) Salt water.
(d) Oyster juice.
2. What song is in Kino's head as he races over the mountains in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of the Pearl.
(b) Song of Evil.
(c) Song of Desperation.
(d) Song of Hope.
3. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) A large stone he is carrying.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His knife.
(d) The ancient magic.
4. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) The nearby town activity.
(b) Ants marching.
(c) Birds in the trees.
(d) Fish swimming.
5. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Back to Juan's house.
(c) Back to town.
(d) To the beach.
6. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
(a) Sell it quickly.
(b) Throw it in the water.
(c) Smash it.
(d) Bury it in the sand.
7. Why does Kino take off his white clothes in Chapter 6?
(a) He is embarrassed by them.
(b) To sneak in the dark without being detected.
(c) He wants new clothes.
(d) He doesn't want to startle Coyotito.
8. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
(a) To the capital.
(b) To another town.
(c) To another country.
(d) To come back tomorrow.
9. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She jumps in the water.
(b) She throws a rock at him.
(c) She turns and faces him.
(d) She runs.
10. Why does Kino hesitate to attack the watcher in Chapter 6?
(a) Another tracker wakes up and distracts him.
(b) The watcher hears him.
(c) The watcher sees him.
(d) The moon comes out.
11. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(b) Every woman in the village.
(d) The priest.
12. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is too yellow.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is a joke.
(d) It is too small.
13. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) The priest.
(b) The oldest man in the village.
(c) Juan Tomas.
(d) The sheriff.
14. Which song does Kino not sing in his head throughout the novel?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of the Hopeful.
(c) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(d) Song of the Family.
15. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
(a) The morning sun comes up.
(b) He has a torch.
(c) Their fire is very bright.
(d) One of the men lights a match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
2. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
3. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
4. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
5. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)