|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kino's town?
(a) La Paz.
(b) The name is not given.
(c) La Truce.
2. Why does the watcher shoot his rifle?
(a) He is going after Kino.
(b) He wants to make sure it works.
(c) He sees Coyotito.
(d) He wants to silence the coyote cry.
3. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The doorways.
(b) The bright streets.
(c) The neighborhoods.
(d) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
4. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) Two decades old.
(b) 1,000-years old.
(c) 400-years old.
(d) 800-years old.
5. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
(a) In a holder on his arm.
(b) By Juana's side for protection.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) On his amulet neck string.
6. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His pants.
(b) His boots.
(c) His sandals.
(d) His straw hat.
7. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(b) The priest.
(c) The doctor.
(d) A pearl buyer.
8. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) Birds in the trees.
(b) The nearby town activity.
(c) Ants marching.
(d) Fish swimming.
9. What makes the watcher stop to listen to the night sounds in Chapter 6?
(a) A cricket chirps loudly.
(b) Coyotito's cries.
(c) A woman screams.
(d) A bird screaming.
10. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Two million pesos.
(d) Fifty pesos.
11. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Killing a boat.
(b) Leaving his home.
(c) Killing a man.
(d) Killing an animal.
12. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) The doctor.
(c) A rabid dog.
(d) An unknown person.
13. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(c) To the Capital.
(d) Out into the sea.
14. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She constantly feeds him.
(b) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(c) She smothers him.
(d) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
15. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
(a) A surprise.
(b) A fake concoction made by Juana.
(c) A monstrosity.
(d) A beautiful thing of great value.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
2. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
3. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
4. What song is in Kino's head as he races over the mountains in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)