|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too yellow.
(d) It is too small.
2. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
(a) It will blow the evil from him.
(b) It will blow him towards a good destination.
(c) It will cover his tracks.
(d) It will protect him from too much heat.
3. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the beach coast.
(b) From the street.
(c) From the mountain cliffs.
(d) From the cracks in Juan's home.
4. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dog.
(b) He trips and breaks his leg.
(c) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(d) He gets lost going home.
5. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(d) Every woman in the village.
6. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Eighteen inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Five inches.
(d) Ten inches.
7. What do Kino and Juana do when they walk back into town at the end of the novel?
(a) Go to Juan's home.
(b) Throw their pearl into the sea.
(c) Visit the priest.
(d) Take Coyotito to the doctor.
8. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(b) He bars his door.
(c) He hands them all of his money.
(d) He gives them a rifle.
9. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
10. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A pearl buyer.
11. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(b) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(d) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
12. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Two million pesos.
(d) Fifty pesos.
13. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
14. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They bulldoze it.
(b) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(c) They allow another family to live inside it.
(d) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
15. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) One of Juana's shawls.
(b) A new piece of cloth.
(c) Old, soft deerskin.
(d) A piece of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
2. How old is Kino's tribe?
3. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
4. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
5. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)