|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
(a) The morning sun comes up.
(b) Their fire is very bright.
(c) He has a torch.
(d) One of the men lights a match.
2. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) on a chariot.
(b) On a donkey.
(c) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(d) On the back of the goat.
3. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A piece of smooth wood.
(b) A money purse.
(c) A little black velvet tray.
(d) Black stones.
4. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) There is a huge hole in it.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) Someone has stolen it.
(d) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
5. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Oyster juice.
(d) Salt water.
6. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) 1,000-years old.
(b) 400-years old.
(c) Two decades old.
(d) 800-years old.
7. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) The doctor.
(c) An unknown person.
(d) A rabid dog.
8. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of the Pearl and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Hope and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of Hope and Song of Happiness.
(d) Song of Evil and Song of the Pearl.
9. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The priest.
(c) A pearl buyer.
10. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
11. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Eighteen inches.
(d) Five inches.
12. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns and faces him.
(b) She throws a rock at him.
(c) She jumps in the water.
(d) She runs.
13. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
(a) A brown sack.
(b) He's covered in seaweed.
(c) His baptism clothes.
(d) A shawl.
14. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
(a) He got it appraised earlier.
(b) He would not have been attacked otherwise.
(c) He hears it talking to him.
(d) He believes it in his soul.
15. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
3. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
4. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
5. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)