|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(d) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
2. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Give it to the church.
(b) Give it to Juan Tomas.
(c) Crush it between two stones.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
3. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
(a) Loreto or San Rosalia.
(b) The capital.
(c) Their town.
(d) The Texas.
4. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Tries to steal his pearl.
(d) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
5. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) To run after their attacker.
(b) To sleep in the church.
(c) To destroy the pearl.
(d) To find the pearl buyer and sell the pearl quickly.
6. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
(a) A bag of red beans and rice.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A long knife.
(d) A block of salt.
7. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Two million pesos.
8. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
9. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He trips and breaks his leg.
(b) He is attacked by a dog.
(c) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(d) He gets lost going home.
10. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She does an ancient dance.
(b) She sings an ancient ritual song.
(c) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(d) She drinks an ancient potion.
11. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(b) They have banded together to find Kino.
(c) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(d) They are too frightened.
12. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) His knife.
(b) The ancient magic.
(c) A large stone he is carrying.
(d) His rifle.
13. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Five inches.
(c) Eighteen inches.
(d) Two inches.
14. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
(b) Incoherent mumbling.
(c) Good riddance.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
15. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) Her breast for feeding.
(b) A corncake.
(c) A twig.
(d) A piece of candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
2. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
3. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
4. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
5. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)