|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) A few dollars.
(b) A trip to the United States.
(c) A thousand pesos.
(d) Ten pesos.
2. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) Her breast for feeding.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) A twig.
(d) A corncake.
3. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
4. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) The ancient magic.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His knife.
(d) A large stone he is carrying.
5. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(b) His right hand.
(c) His left hand.
(d) Both hands.
6. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
(a) To another country.
(b) To the capital.
(c) To another town.
(d) To come back tomorrow.
7. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns and faces him.
(b) She runs.
(c) She jumps in the water.
(d) She throws a rock at him.
8. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) Poverty itself.
(b) A pain.
(d) A fire.
9. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) A month.
(b) One hour.
(c) A week.
(d) Only until a new night arrives.
10. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) 15 pesos.
(b) Ten pesos.
(c) Two pesos.
(d) 500 pesos.
11. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
(a) He would not have been attacked otherwise.
(b) He believes it in his soul.
(c) He hears it talking to him.
(d) He got it appraised earlier.
12. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) Someone has stolen it.
(d) There is a huge hole in it.
13. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(b) Every woman in the village.
14. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
15. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
2. What is the name of Kino's town?
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
4. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
5. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)