|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
(c) Late Evening.
(d) Early morning.
2. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) There is a huge hole in it.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(d) Someone has stolen it.
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He gives them a rifle.
(b) He bars his door.
(c) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(d) He hands them all of his money.
4. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The doorways.
(b) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
(c) The bright streets.
(d) The neighborhoods.
5. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) Juan Tomas.
(b) The oldest man in the village.
(c) The priest.
(d) The sheriff.
6. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
7. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the mountain cliffs.
(b) From the cracks in Juan's home.
(c) From the beach coast.
(d) From the street.
8. What makes the watcher stop to listen to the night sounds in Chapter 6?
(a) Coyotito's cries.
(b) A woman screams.
(c) A bird screaming.
(d) A cricket chirps loudly.
9. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) In his dream.
(b) When they yell at him.
(c) In his delirium.
(d) After breakfast.
10. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Salt water.
(d) Oyster juice.
11. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) A month.
(b) One hour.
(c) A week.
(d) Only until a new night arrives.
12. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) A pain.
(b) A fire.
(c) Poverty itself.
13. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The capital.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) The town.
14. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) Black stones.
(b) A little black velvet tray.
(c) A piece of smooth wood.
(d) A money purse.
15. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
2. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
4. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
5. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)