|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
2. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
(a) A sharp knife.
(b) A large stick.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) A stone from the fire hole.
3. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She does an ancient dance.
(b) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(c) She drinks an ancient potion.
(d) She sings an ancient ritual song.
4. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) 15 pesos.
(b) Ten pesos.
(c) Two pesos.
(d) 500 pesos.
5. What song is in Kino's head as he races over the mountains in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of Hope.
(d) Song of Desperation.
6. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
7. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
(a) Late Evening.
(b) Early morning.
8. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(b) He trips and breaks his leg.
(c) He is attacked by a dog.
(d) He gets lost going home.
9. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) His knife.
(b) A large stone he is carrying.
(c) His rifle.
(d) The ancient magic.
10. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
(a) Pure happiness.
(b) Pure ego.
(d) Half insane and half god.
11. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards the mountaintops.
(b) Towards Loreto.
(c) Towards the United States.
(d) Towards the beach again.
12. In Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) There is a huge hole in it.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(d) Someone has stolen it.
13. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(d) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
14. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) More than 1,000 miles.
(c) 2,000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
15. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(a) A cart's wheel path.
(b) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
2. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
3. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
4. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
5. Why does the watcher shoot his rifle?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)