|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
2. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) A goat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
3. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The bright streets.
(b) The doorways.
(c) The neighborhoods.
(d) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(d) Back to the beach.
5. What do Kino and Juana do when they walk back into town at the end of the novel?
(a) Throw their pearl into the sea.
(b) Go to Juan's home.
(c) Visit the priest.
(d) Take Coyotito to the doctor.
6. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The dark ones.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The other neighbors.
7. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
(a) He has a torch.
(b) One of the men lights a match.
(c) The morning sun comes up.
(d) Their fire is very bright.
8. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
9. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
10. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(d) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
11. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He bars his door.
(b) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(c) He hands them all of his money.
(d) He gives them a rifle.
12. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) Fish swimming.
(b) The nearby town activity.
(c) Ants marching.
(d) Birds in the trees.
13. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Crush it between two stones.
(c) Give it to Juan Tomas.
(d) Give it to the church.
14. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
(a) The capital.
(b) Loreto or San Rosalia.
(c) Their town.
(d) The Texas.
15. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She sings an ancient ritual song.
(b) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(c) She does an ancient dance.
(d) She drinks an ancient potion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
3. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
5. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)