|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of the Pearl and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Hope and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of Evil and Song of the Pearl.
(d) Song of Hope and Song of Happiness.
2. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(b) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(d) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
3. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) A large stone he is carrying.
(b) His knife.
(c) The ancient magic.
(d) His rifle.
4. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards the mountaintops.
(b) Towards the beach again.
(c) Towards Loreto.
(d) Towards the United States.
5. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A little black velvet tray.
(b) Black stones.
(c) A piece of smooth wood.
(d) A money purse.
6. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
(b) The bright streets.
(c) The doorways.
(d) The neighborhoods.
7. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(b) Salt water.
(d) Oyster juice.
8. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
(a) A monstrosity.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A beautiful thing of great value.
(d) A fake concoction made by Juana.
9. What is the name of Kino's town?
(a) La Truce.
(b) The name is not given.
(d) La Paz.
10. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
(a) A block of salt.
(b) A bag of red beans and rice.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A long knife.
11. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Two million pesos.
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(d) Two dollars.
12. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He buries the pearl in the sand.
13. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(b) His right hand.
(c) Both hands.
(d) His left hand.
14. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The neighbor's screams.
(b) The beach.
(c) The light from the fire burning his house.
(d) The pearl.
15. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(c) To a mountain community.
(d) Back to the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
2. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
3. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
4. Where is Kino cut after the attack in Chapter 4?
5. How does Kino know where the trackers are around their fire?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)