|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kino cut after the attack in Chapter 4?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His legs.
(d) His face.
2. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(a) A river.
(b) A cart's wheel path.
3. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
(a) He is surprised but calm.
(b) He is filled with rage.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ecstatic.
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(c) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(d) He hugs her.
5. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards the United States.
(b) Towards Loreto.
(c) Towards the mountaintops.
(d) Towards the beach again.
6. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) The doctor.
(b) An unknown person.
(d) A rabid dog.
7. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) A corncake.
(b) Her breast for feeding.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A twig.
8. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
(a) By Juana's side for protection.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In a holder on his arm.
(d) On his amulet neck string.
9. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bird.
10. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
(a) He hears it talking to him.
(b) He believes it in his soul.
(c) He would not have been attacked otherwise.
(d) He got it appraised earlier.
11. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She throws a rock at him.
(b) She jumps in the water.
(c) She turns and faces him.
(d) She runs.
12. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
(a) The nearby town activity.
(b) Fish swimming.
(c) Ants marching.
(d) Birds in the trees.
13. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) One of Juana's shawls.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) Old, soft deerskin.
(d) A new piece of cloth.
14. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
(a) His happiness.
(b) His son's chance to go to school.
(c) His livelihood.
(d) his soul.
15. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They are too frightened.
(b) They have banded together to find Kino.
(c) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(d) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
3. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
4. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)