|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kino take off his white clothes in Chapter 6?
(a) He wants new clothes.
(b) He is embarrassed by them.
(c) To sneak in the dark without being detected.
(d) He doesn't want to startle Coyotito.
2. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the street.
(b) From the cracks in Juan's home.
(c) From the mountain cliffs.
(d) From the beach coast.
3. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
(a) The dark ones.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The other neighbors.
4. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His straw hat.
(b) His pants.
(c) His boots.
(d) His sandals.
5. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too yellow.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too large.
6. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
(a) Take the canoe to the capital.
(b) Avenge his attackers.
(c) Go back to the pearl buyers.
(d) Have a town meeting.
7. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They are too frightened.
(b) They have banded together to find Kino.
(c) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(d) They all search for the dead man's killer.
8. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) When they yell at him.
(b) After breakfast.
(c) In his dream.
(d) In his delirium.
9. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) A twig.
(b) Her breast for feeding.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A corncake.
10. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) An unknown person.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A rabid dog.
11. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
(a) A block of salt.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A long knife.
(d) A bag of red beans and rice.
12. Where does Kino's family hide in the daytime while they are running away?
(a) By the road where deer have previously lain.
(b) Under a large tree.
(c) Near the riverbank.
(d) In a deserted house.
13. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(b) They allow another family to live inside it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They bulldoze it.
14. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) In a corner of his hut.
(b) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Under the stone in the fire hole.
15. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
(a) Half insane and half god.
(b) Pure ego.
(c) Pure happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
2. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
3. Where is Kino cut after the attack in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
5. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)