|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
(a) Half insane and half god.
(c) Pure happiness.
(d) Pure ego.
2. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(c) Out into the sea.
(d) To the Capital.
3. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) More than 1,000 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 2,000 miles.
4. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) Incoherent mumbling.
(d) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
5. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They allow another family to live inside it.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
6. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) Two pesos.
(b) 500 pesos.
(c) Ten pesos.
(d) 15 pesos.
7. Which songs are in Kino's head as he sneaks up on the trackers?
(a) Song of the Family and Song of Hope.
(b) Song of the Family and Song of the Enemy.
(c) Song of Anger and Song of the Pearl.
(d) Song of Evil and Song of the Family.
8. What time of day do the trackers reach the pool near Kino's family?
(c) Late Evening.
(d) Early morning.
9. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(b) They have banded together to find Kino.
(c) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(d) They are too frightened.
10. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On the back of the goat.
(b) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(c) on a chariot.
(d) On a donkey.
11. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The shore.
(b) The town.
(c) The capital.
(d) The mountains.
12. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(b) Every woman in the village.
13. What attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A rabid dog.
(d) An unknown person.
14. What do Kino and Juana do when they walk back into town at the end of the novel?
(a) Visit the priest.
(b) Throw their pearl into the sea.
(c) Go to Juan's home.
(d) Take Coyotito to the doctor.
15. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The other neighbors.
(c) The dark ones.
(d) The dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
3. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
4. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
5. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)