Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(d) In a corner of his hut.
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They allow another family to live inside it.
3. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Salt water.
(c) Oyster juice.
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(c) Back to the beach.
5. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
(b) A pearl buyer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The doctor.
6. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(a) Out into the sea.
(b) To the Capital.
7. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns and faces him.
(b) She runs.
(c) She jumps in the water.
(d) She throws a rock at him.
8. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The beach.
(b) The pearl.
(c) The neighbor's screams.
(d) The light from the fire burning his house.
9. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
(a) Back to town.
(b) Back to Juan's house.
(c) To the beach.
(d) The mountains.
10. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(b) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
(c) She smothers him.
(d) She constantly feeds him.
11. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goat.
12. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
(a) She walks over him and continues home.
(b) She realizes they must save themselves.
(c) She screams and runs away.
(d) She throws sand over him to try and bury him.
13. What is the name of Kino's town?
(a) La Truce.
(b) The name is not given.
(d) La Paz.
14. What does Juana gives Coyotito to keep him quiet when the trackers go by?
(a) A twig.
(b) A corncake.
(c) Her breast for feeding.
(d) A piece of candy.
15. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Throw it into the sea.
(b) Crush it between two stones.
(c) Give it to the church.
(d) Give it to Juan Tomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
2. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
3. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
4. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)