|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) Incoherent mumbling.
(d) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
2. Where does Kino place Juana and Coyotito for the night while in the moutains in Chapter 6?
(a) In a massive cave that holds cave water.
(b) By a large rock.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In a shallow cave.
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) Ten pesos.
(b) A trip to the United States.
(c) A few dollars.
(d) A thousand pesos.
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) To a mountain community.
(d) Back to the beach.
5. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of the Pearl and Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Evil and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of Hope and Song of Happiness.
(d) Song of Hope and Song of the Pearl.
6. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
(a) The Texas.
(b) Their town.
(c) Loreto or San Rosalia.
(d) The capital.
7. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The pearl.
(b) The light from the fire burning his house.
(c) The beach.
(d) The neighbor's screams.
8. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
(b) The doorways.
(c) The neighborhoods.
(d) The bright streets.
9. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They leave their canoes on the beach.
(b) They ransack his house.
(c) They fight each other to use his canoe.
(d) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
10. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is too yellow.
(d) It is too large.
11. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards Loreto.
(b) Towards the beach again.
(c) Towards the United States.
(d) Towards the mountaintops.
12. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 2,000 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) More than 1,000 miles.
13. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
(a) The ancient magic.
(b) A large stone he is carrying.
(c) His knife.
(d) His rifle.
14. Which is not an animal near the mountain spring?
15. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(b) Out into the sea.
(d) To the Capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
3. Where does Kino put his knife before he goes to kill the trackers?
4. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Kino suggest to go after the trackers pass them?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)