|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like children.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like mute people.
(d) Like thieves.
2. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Blessing Coyotito.
(b) Repairs necessary for the church.
(c) Kino's salvation.
(d) Marrying Kino and Juana.
3. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) Two men; one is the doctor.
(c) The priest again.
(d) Kino's parents.
4. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his shoulder.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his stomach.
(d) On his leg.
5. What is the baby's name?
(d) Little Kino.
6. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(c) Bad fruit.
(d) Bad seafood.
7. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(b) The town police.
(c) The judge.
8. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(b) Hungry goats and dogs.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry cats and mice.
9. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Avoid the oyster.
(b) Crush it.
(c) Open it.
(d) I want it.
10. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
11. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A goat.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A dog.
(d) A duck.
12. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
(a) A dog.
(b) The beach sand.
(c) A forest.
(d) A colonial animal.
13. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A net.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A hole to hold the oysters.
(d) A sail.
14. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) His body is now blue.
(b) The poultice has changed colors.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) The poultice has infected his body.
15. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
(a) They are scared.
(b) They giggle.
(c) They argue with each other.
(d) They run to his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
2. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
3. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
4. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
5. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)