|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will have a rifle too.
(b) That he will become a doctor.
(c) That he will go to school.
(d) That he will own a canoe as well.
2. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the bow.
(b) In the middle.
(c) On the stern.
(d) She's not on the canoe.
3. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Sucks the puncture wound.
(d) Slaps his wound area.
4. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Juana's mother.
5. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(b) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
6. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(b) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(c) A bad person enters his hut.
(d) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
7. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Two men; one is the doctor.
(b) Juan and Apolonia.
(c) Kino's parents.
(d) The priest again.
8. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Screams at Juana.
9. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(c) She shakes her head at him.
(d) She gets up and walks out.
10. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of Hope.
(b) Song of Diving.
(c) Song of the Sea.
(d) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
11. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A goat.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A dog.
(d) A duck.
12. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his leg.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his shoulder.
13. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
(a) A forest.
(b) A dog.
(c) A colonial animal.
(d) The beach sand.
14. What color is Kino's hair?
(a) He's bald.
15. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(b) A heavy stone and a basket.
(c) The boat and a heavy stone.
(d) A basket and the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
3. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
4. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)