|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) One minute.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) 30 seconds.
(d) Over two minutes.
2. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She gets up and walks out.
(d) She shakes her head at him.
3. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(a) A dead fish.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Brown seaweed.
4. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) A nominee for sainthood.
(b) The richest man in town.
(c) Every man's enemy.
(d) Everyone's best friend.
5. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A goat.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A duck.
(d) A dog.
6. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Tries to pick it up.
(b) Beats it with a rock.
(c) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(d) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
7. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mute people.
(b) Like children.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like slaves.
8. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The town police.
(d) The judge.
9. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
(a) They argue with each other.
(b) They run to his house.
(c) They giggle.
(d) They are scared.
10. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Start diving on his oysters.
(b) Paddle to him.
(c) Scream at him.
(d) Try to tip over his canoe.
11. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The priest.
(d) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
12. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
13. What is the baby's name?
(b) Little Kino.
14. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Sucks the puncture wound.
(d) Slaps his wound area.
15. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of the Family.
(b) Song of the Home.
(c) Song of Happiness.
(d) Song of Evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
5. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)