|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(a) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(c) Kino and his neighbors.
(d) Kino and Juana.
2. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She walks out of the house
(b) She screams and attacks Kino
(c) She calls for the doctor.
(d) She drops him on the floor.
3. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a crab.
(b) The size of Coyotito's head.
(c) The size of a seagull's egg.
(d) The size of a fish.
4. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) Over two minutes.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) One minute.
5. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Home.
(d) Song of Happiness.
6. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Everyone's best friend.
(b) A nominee for sainthood.
(c) Every man's enemy.
(d) The richest man in town.
7. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(b) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
8. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(b) the same goat he saw that morning.
(c) A large bird.
(d) A black cat.
9. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) The gold.
(c) Pearls from oysters.
10. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) A bad person enters his hut.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
11. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
(a) The wolves howling.
(b) The conch shell horns.
(c) The crackle of the fire.
(d) The crickets and frogs.
12. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of the Sea.
(b) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(c) Song of Hope.
(d) Song of Diving.
13. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
(a) Makes the bed.
(b) Checks on Coyotito.
(c) Get dressed.
(d) Lights a fire.
14. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
(b) A small green pill.
(c) A liquid drink.
15. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
(a) Their bird.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
2. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
3. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
4. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)