|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a pearl made from?
(a) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
(b) The residue from an oyster's body.
(c) The eyeball of the oyster.
(d) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
2. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Song of the Family.
(b) Song of Being Awake.
(c) Morning Song.
(d) Song of the Morning.
3. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of Anger.
(c) Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of the Stinging.
4. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) The priest again.
(b) Two men; one is the doctor.
(c) Juan and Apolonia.
(d) Kino's parents.
5. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
(a) A dog.
(b) The beach sand.
(c) A colonial animal.
(d) A forest.
6. How many children does Juana have?
7. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A basket and the boat.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A heavy stone and a basket.
(d) The boat and a heavy stone.
8. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) A hanging box.
(b) On the floor.
(c) With his parents.
(d) A crib.
9. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(a) Bad fruit.
(c) Bad seafood.
10. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed in Chapter 1?
(a) Lights a fire.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Checks on Coyotito.
(d) Makes the bed.
11. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Screams at Juana.
12. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
(b) Puffer fish.
(d) Brown algae.
13. Who knows all the sins of the town?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The beggars.
(c) The monks.
(d) The trackers.
14. How does the narrator describe Juana wearing her hair?
(a) Cut short.
(b) In braids.
(c) In a ponytail.
(d) In a bun.
15. What is located near the town where Kino's family lives?
(a) A river.
(b) A large oak tree.
(d) An estuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's canoe made from?
2. What color is Kino's hair?
3. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
4. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)