|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A large pearl.
(b) The Pearl of the World.
(c) A huge fish.
2. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A fire ant.
(b) A hornet.
(c) A bee.
(d) A scorpion.
3. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(c) Withered Leg.
(d) Crumpled Back.
4. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of Happiness.
(d) Song of the Home.
5. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) His eyelid.
(b) The puncture would.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His skin.
6. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(b) The song of family and of the pearl.
(c) The song of evil and song of family.
(d) The song of hope and song of undersea.
7. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
(a) A colonial animal.
(b) A dog.
(c) The beach sand.
(d) A forest.
8. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
(a) "He is a patient of mine."
(b) "He tried to rob me."
(c) "I will visit him later today."
(d) "He stole it!"
9. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) The side of the canoe.
(b) A rock.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) Another oyster.
10. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(d) Dark Blue.
11. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a crab.
(b) The size of a seagull's egg.
(c) The size of Coyotito's head.
(d) The size of a fish.
12. What color is Kino's hair?
(d) He's bald.
13. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Two men; one is the doctor.
(b) Juan and Apolonia.
(c) Kino's parents.
(d) The priest again.
14. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A duck.
(d) A young boy.
15. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(b) Salt water.
(c) Brown seaweed.
(d) A dead fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife in the story?
2. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
3. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
5. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)