|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) Eight misshapen pearls.
(c) One tiny pearl.
(d) His canoe.
2. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(d) Dark Blue.
3. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will own a canoe as well.
(b) That he will have a rifle too.
(c) That he will go to school.
(d) That he will become a doctor.
4. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of Happiness.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Home.
(d) Song of Evil.
5. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Song of the Morning.
(b) Song of Being Awake.
(c) Song of the Family.
(d) Morning Song.
6. What is the baby's name?
(c) Little Kino.
7. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(d) Tightening Throat.
8. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) Bright socks with no holes.
(b) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(c) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(d) A button-down shirt for school.
9. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(b) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(c) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(d) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
10. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and dogs.
(b) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(c) Hungry cats and mice.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
11. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He went to the next town and got a better price.
(b) He gave his pearls to the church.
(c) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(d) He smashed his pearls to bits.
12. Where is the town located near?
(a) An estuary.
(b) A river.
(c) A large oak tree.
13. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
(a) Song of Evil.
(b) Song of Anger.
(c) Song of the Enemy.
(d) Song of the Stinging.
14. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(b) The boat and a heavy stone.
(c) A basket and the boat.
(d) A heavy stone and a basket.
15. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
(a) "He tried to rob me."
(b) "He stole it!"
(c) "He is a patient of mine."
(d) "I will visit him later today."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
2. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
3. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What is a pearl made from?
5. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)