|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Song of Being Awake.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Morning.
(d) Morning Song.
2. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(b) A large pearl.
(c) The Pearl of the World.
(d) A huge fish.
3. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
(a) "He tried to rob me."
(b) "I will visit him later today."
(c) "He is a patient of mine."
(d) "He stole it!"
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The priest.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A mast for a lantern.
(b) A hole to hold the oysters.
(c) A sail.
(d) A net.
6. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Kino's salvation.
(b) Blessing Coyotito.
(c) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(d) Repairs necessary for the church.
7. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(c) The judge.
(d) The town police.
8. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Everyone's best friend.
(b) Every man's enemy.
(c) A nominee for sainthood.
(d) The richest man in town.
9. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Screams at Juana.
10. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A large bird.
(b) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(c) A black cat.
(d) the same goat he saw that morning.
11. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(a) Kino and Juana.
(b) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(d) Kino and his neighbors.
12. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) Two ropes.
(b) A diving rock.
(c) A basket.
(d) A net.
13. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A bee.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A fire ant.
(d) A hornet.
14. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(b) Slaps his wound area.
(c) Sucks the puncture wound.
(d) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
15. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) On the floor.
(b) A hanging box.
(c) With his parents.
(d) A crib.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
2. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
3. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
4. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
5. What is the name of the main character?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)