|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He was in Paris.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't in his office.
(d) He wasn't feeling well.
2. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(c) Tightening Throat.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(b) The Pearl of the World.
(c) A huge fish.
(d) A large pearl.
4. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) To have another child.
(b) To own a Winchester rifle.
(c) To buy a new canoe.
(d) To purchase a harpoon.
5. What is the baby's name?
(b) Little Kino.
6. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) Eight misshapen pearls.
(c) His canoe.
(d) One tiny pearl.
7. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his face.
(b) On his shoulder.
(c) On his leg.
(d) On his stomach.
8. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
(a) They argue with each other.
(b) They run to his house.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They giggle.
9. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) A small green pill.
(c) A liquid drink.
(d) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
10. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(b) Bright socks with no holes.
(c) A button-down shirt for school.
(d) A large brown hat to shade his face.
11. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
(a) Their bird.
(b) His dog.
12. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like mute people.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like children.
13. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(a) Dark Blue.
14. What is a pearl made from?
(a) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(b) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
(c) The eyeball of the oyster.
(d) The residue from an oyster's body.
15. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a fish.
(b) The size of Coyotito's head.
(c) The size of a crab.
(d) The size of a seagull's egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
2. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
3. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
5. What is the name of the wife in the story?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)