|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A bee.
(c) A fire ant.
(d) A scorpion.
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a heavy stone.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A basket and the boat.
(d) A heavy stone and a basket.
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(a) Tightening Throat.
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(a) Brown seaweed.
(b) Salt water.
(c) A dead fish.
6. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A duck.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goat.
7. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Italy.
8. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His home.
(b) His carving stick.
(c) His snorkeling gear.
(d) His canoe.
9. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of the Sea.
(b) Song of Hope.
(c) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(d) Song of Diving.
10. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(b) She gets up and walks out.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She shakes her head at him.
11. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Sucks the puncture wound.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Slaps his wound area.
(d) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
12. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana's mother.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The Priest.
13. What does the family eat every morning?
14. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) One minute.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
15. How many children does Juana have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
2. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
3. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
4. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
5. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)