|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) It lunges for his face.
(d) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
2. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) One tiny pearl.
(c) His canoe.
(d) Eight misshapen pearls.
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(b) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(c) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(c) He made it.
6. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of the Sea.
(b) Song of Hope.
(c) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(d) Song of Diving.
7. How many children does Juana have?
8. What color is Kino's hair?
(b) He's bald.
9. What city does the doctor dream of?
(b) New York City.
10. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(b) Kino and Juana.
(c) Kino and his neighbors.
(d) Kino and Juna Tomas.
11. What is the name of the wife in the story?
12. What does the family eat every morning?
13. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
(b) Oyster shells.
(d) Brown seaweed.
14. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) A liquid drink.
(b) A small green pill.
(c) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
15. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Dreams forming.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
2. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
3. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
4. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
5. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)