|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) To have another child.
(b) To own a Winchester rifle.
(c) To buy a new canoe.
(d) To purchase a harpoon.
2. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
(a) His dog.
(d) Their bird.
3. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
(a) His home.
(b) His carving stick.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His snorkeling gear.
4. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) It lunges for his face.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(d) Coyotito reaches for it.
5. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) the same goat he saw that morning.
(b) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A large bird.
6. What color is Kino's hair?
(d) He's bald.
7. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) One tiny pearl.
(b) Eight misshapen pearls.
(d) His canoe.
8. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) All their money.
(b) only happiness.
(c) A curious dark residue.
(d) A bright light.
9. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like thieves.
(b) Like mute people.
(c) Like children.
(d) Like slaves.
10. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(b) Dark Blue.
11. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Scream at him.
(b) Try to tip over his canoe.
(c) Start diving on his oysters.
(d) Paddle to him.
12. How many children does Juana have?
13. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The Priest.
(d) Juana's mother.
14. What is the name of the wife in the story?
15. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A large pearl.
(c) The Pearl of the World.
(d) A huge fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
2. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
3. Where is the town located near?
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
5. What city does the doctor dream of?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)