|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) Two ropes.
(b) A diving rock.
(c) A net.
(d) A basket.
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) A bad person enters his hut.
3. Where do Kino and Juana head in Chapter 6 when they leave town?
(a) Towards the mountaintops.
(b) Towards the beach again.
(c) Towards the United States.
(d) Towards Loreto.
4. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Blessing Coyotito.
(b) Repairs necessary for the church.
(c) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(d) Kino's salvation.
5. How would you describe the home that Kino's family lives in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
2. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
3. Who attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
4. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)