|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
2. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Ancient magic and Hail Mary prayers.
(d) Incoherent mumbling.
3. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They fight each other to use his canoe.
(b) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
(c) They ransack his house.
(d) They leave their canoes on the beach.
4. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They bulldoze it.
(b) They allow another family to live inside it.
(c) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(d) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
5. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Two million pesos.
(d) Fifteen hundred pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
2. What is not something Kino does over the mountains to trick the trackers?
3. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
4. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)