|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They have banded together to find Kino.
(b) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(c) They are too frightened.
(d) They all search for the dead man's killer.
2. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) His canoe.
(c) One tiny pearl.
(d) Eight misshapen pearls.
3. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) His body is now blue.
(b) The poultice has changed colors.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) The poultice has infected his body.
4. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the cracks in Juan's home.
(b) From the street.
(c) From the mountain cliffs.
(d) From the beach coast.
5. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
(a) Go back to the pearl buyers.
(b) Avenge his attackers.
(c) Have a town meeting.
(d) Take the canoe to the capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
2. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
3. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
4. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
5. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)