|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) There is a huge hole in it.
(c) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(d) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
2. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(c) Tightening Throat.
3. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A black cat.
(b) the same goat he saw that morning.
(c) A large bird.
(d) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
4. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
(a) They don't talk, only shake hands.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) An ancient ritual.
(d) "Go with God."
5. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) Poverty itself.
(b) A pain.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino watch after he and his family have eaten their breakfast in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of Kino's town?
3. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)