|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) The priest again.
(c) Two men; one is the doctor.
(d) Kino's parents.
2. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(b) He bars his door.
(c) He gives them a rifle.
(d) He hands them all of his money.
3. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(b) The priest.
(d) Every woman in the village.
4. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) Pearls from oysters.
(b) The gold.
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His carving stick.
(b) His home.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His snorkeling gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Kino a strong sense of protection during his and his family's running escape in Chapter 6?
2. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
3. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
4. Where is the town located near?
5. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)