|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) Every woman in the village.
(d) The priest.
2. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The neighbor's screams.
(b) The beach.
(c) The light from the fire burning his house.
(d) The pearl.
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(b) Hungry cats and mice.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
4. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) Both hands.
(b) His right hand.
(c) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(d) His left hand.
5. How many children does Juana have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
2. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
3. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
4. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)