|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His carving stick.
(c) His home.
(d) His snorkeling gear.
2. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Give it to Juan Tomas.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Crush it between two stones.
(d) Give it to the church.
3. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy a car.
(b) That he and Juana will be married.
(c) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(d) That he will move.
4. Where do Kino and Juana avoid as they walk out of town in Chapter 6?
(a) The bright streets.
(b) The center where someone sleeping might see them.
(c) The neighborhoods.
(d) The doorways.
5. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
(b) Tries to steal his pearl.
(c) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(d) Yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
2. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
3. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)