|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(b) A river.
(c) A cart's wheel path.
2. What is the baby's name?
(c) Little Kino.
3. Why does the watcher shoot his rifle?
(a) He wants to silence the coyote cry.
(b) He sees Coyotito.
(c) He is going after Kino.
(d) He wants to make sure it works.
4. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His snorkeling gear.
(c) His home.
(d) His carving stick.
5. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) The priest.
(b) The oldest man in the village.
(c) Juan Tomas.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
2. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
3. What does Juana say when Kino leaves to kill the trackers?
4. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
5. What do Kino and Juana do when they walk back into town at the end of the novel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)