|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A net.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A hole to hold the oysters.
(d) A sail.
2. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She drops him on the floor.
(b) She calls for the doctor.
(c) She screams and attacks Kino.
(d) She walks out of the house.
3. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) 500 pesos.
(b) Ten pesos.
(c) Two pesos.
(d) 15 pesos.
4. What animal are the trackers using to track Kino and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bird.
5. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The judge.
(b) The town police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
2. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
4. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
5. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)