|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) The oldest man in the village.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The priest.
(d) Juan Tomas.
2. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(b) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A huge fish.
(b) A large pearl.
(d) The Pearl of the World.
4. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(a) A river.
(c) A cart's wheel path.
5. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) Their minds.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) The spirits.
(d) Their imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
5. What makes the watcher stop to listen to the night sounds in Chapter 6?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)