|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
2. How many men are tracking the Kino and his family after they run away?
3. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
(b) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
(c) She constantly feeds him.
(d) She smothers him.
4. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the stern.
(b) In the middle.
(c) On the bow.
(d) She's not on the canoe.
5. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(b) The judge.
(c) The town police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kino's town?
2. How does Kino know that his pearl is valuable?
3. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
5. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)