|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
(a) Dark blue.
(c) Bright green.
(d) Pale blue.
2. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(b) There is a huge hole in it.
(c) Someone has stolen it.
(d) Someone has lit a fire on it.
3. Where does Kino suggest to go once he and his family are in the mountains?
(b) Back to the beach.
(c) To a mountain community.
4. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(b) She shakes her head at him.
(c) She gets up and walks out.
(d) She yells at him.
5. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) Another oyster.
(b) A rock.
(c) The side of the canoe.
(d) A strong, short knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
2. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
3. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)