|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
(a) his soul.
(b) His son's chance to go to school.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His livelihood.
2. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) His left hand.
(b) His right hand.
(c) Both hands.
(d) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
3. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He drops the pearl by accident.
(b) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(c) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(d) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
4. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(b) Oyster juice.
(c) Salt water.
5. What do Kino and Juana walk in in to avoid their footsteps being seen in the dirt?
(a) A cart's wheel path.
(c) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knows all the sins of the town?
2. What color is the beach sand?
3. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
4. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Kino's town?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)