|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) His right hand.
(b) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(c) Both hands.
(d) His left hand.
2. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They are too frightened.
(b) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(c) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(d) They have banded together to find Kino.
3. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He went to the next town and got a better price.
(b) He gave his pearls to the church.
(c) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(d) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
4. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too yellow.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too large.
5. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
(a) Song of Evil and Song of the Pearl.
(b) Song of Hope and Song of the Pearl.
(c) Song of the Pearl and Song of the Family.
(d) Song of Hope and Song of Happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pearl made from?
2. What cities does Kino tell Juana to go to in Chapter 6, while they continue evading the trackers?
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
4. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
5. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)