|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A duck.
(d) A young boy.
2. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A piece of smooth wood.
(b) Black stones.
(c) A little black velvet tray.
(d) A money purse.
3. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Blessing Coyotito.
(b) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(c) Kino's salvation.
(d) Repairs necessary for the church.
4. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the street.
(b) From the mountain cliffs.
(c) From the cracks in Juan's home.
(d) From the beach coast.
5. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The priest.
(c) The oldest man in the village.
(d) Juan Tomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
2. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
3. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
4. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
5. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)