|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(b) He feels it will save him.
(c) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
(d) He wants to sell it.
2. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They have banded together to find Kino.
(b) They are too frightened.
(c) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(d) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
3. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She screams.
(b) She says nothing at all.
(c) "Hail Mary."
(d) "Song of Evil."
4. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(b) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(c) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(d) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His carving stick.
(b) His home.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His snorkeling gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the baby's name?
2. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
3. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
4. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)