|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) The Pearl of the World.
(c) A huge fish.
(d) A large pearl.
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(b) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(c) They bulldoze it.
(d) They allow another family to live inside it.
3. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the stern.
(b) On the bow.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) In the middle.
4. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Italy.
5. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A bee.
(b) A hornet.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A fire ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
2. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
3. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
5. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)