|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(b) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
2. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They fight each other to use his canoe.
(b) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
(c) They ransack his house.
(d) They leave their canoes on the beach.
3. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Oyster juice.
(c) Salt water.
4. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) She gets up and walks out.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She shakes her head at him.
(d) Her eyes widen at his courage.
5. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Tries to steal his pearl.
(b) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(c) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
(d) Yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kino's tribe?
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
3. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
4. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)