|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
(a) To another country.
(b) To come back tomorrow.
(c) To another town.
(d) To the capital.
2. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) All their money.
(b) A bright light.
(c) only happiness.
(d) A curious dark residue.
3. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(b) Two million pesos.
(c) Fifty pesos.
(d) Two dollars.
4. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry goats and dogs.
(b) Hungry cats and mice.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry dogs and pigs.
5. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(b) In a corner of his hut.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
2. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
3. What is the name of the wife in the story?
4. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
5. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)