|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Two inches.
(b) Five inches.
(c) Ten inches.
(d) Eighteen inches.
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) Their imagination.
(b) Their minds.
(c) The spirits.
(d) Their eyes.
3. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His skin.
(c) His eyelid.
(d) The puncture would.
4. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) The richest man in town.
(b) A nominee for sainthood.
(c) Everyone's best friend.
(d) Every man's enemy.
5. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) Ten pesos.
(b) A thousand pesos.
(c) A trip to the United States.
(d) A few dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
2. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
3. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
4. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
5. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)