|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy a car.
(b) That he and Juana will be married.
(c) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(d) That he will move.
2. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(b) On a donkey.
(c) on a chariot.
(d) On the back of the goat.
3. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A duck.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A young boy.
4. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(b) In a corner of his hut.
(c) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
(d) Under his bed.
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of evil and song of family.
(c) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(d) The song of family and of the pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is Kino's great pearl?
2. Where does Coyotito get stung?
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
4. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
5. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)