|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
(a) Throw it in the water.
(b) Bury it in the sand.
(c) Smash it.
(d) Sell it quickly.
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(b) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(c) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(d) A bad person enters his hut.
3. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
(a) To the capital.
(b) To come back tomorrow.
(c) To another country.
(d) To another town.
4. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Five inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Eighteen inches.
(d) Ten inches.
5. What color is the beach sand?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
2. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
4. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
5. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)