|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(d) He kisses her.
2. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(a) The priest.
(d) Every woman in the village.
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and dogs.
(b) Hungry goats and dogs.
(c) Hungry cats and mice.
(d) Hungry dogs and pigs.
4. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(b) Song of the Sea.
(c) Song of Diving.
(d) Song of Hope.
5. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) Oyster juice.
(b) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
2. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
3. What stings Coyotito?
4. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
5. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)