|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
(a) Makes the bed.
(b) Checks on Coyotito.
(c) Lights a fire.
(d) Get dressed.
2. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(b) He gets lost going home.
(c) He trips and breaks his leg.
(d) He is attacked by a dog.
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He gives them a rifle.
(b) He bars his door.
(c) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(d) He hands them all of his money.
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He buries the pearl in the sand.
5. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Killing an animal.
(b) Killing a man.
(c) Leaving his home.
(d) Killing a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
2. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
4. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
5. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)