|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of family and of the pearl.
(b) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(c) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(d) The song of evil and song of family.
2. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(b) He bars his door.
(c) He gives them a rifle.
(d) He hands them all of his money.
3. What is Kino's canoe made from?
(a) Waterproof plaster.
(d) Broken shells made smooth.
4. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(b) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(c) He drops the pearl by accident.
(d) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(d) Screams at Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
2. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
3. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
4. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
5. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)