|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) only happiness.
(b) A curious dark residue.
(c) A bright light.
(d) All their money.
2. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like thieves.
(b) Like mute people.
(c) Like children.
(d) Like slaves.
3. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
4. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
5. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) The puncture would.
(b) His skin.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His eyelid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
2. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
3. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
5. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)