|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Kino's hair?
(a) He's bald.
2. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The fishermen.
(b) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The priest.
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He bars his door.
(b) He gives them a rifle.
(c) He hands them all of his money.
(d) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
4. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
(a) "Go with God."
(b) An ancient ritual.
(c) They don't talk, only shake hands.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
5. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
2. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
4. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
5. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)