|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
2. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
(a) Puffer fish.
(d) Brown algae.
3. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(b) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(c) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(d) He drops the pearl by accident.
4. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
(a) They run to his house.
(b) They argue with each other.
(c) They giggle.
(d) They are scared.
5. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) His eyelid.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) The puncture would.
(d) His skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
2. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the wife in the story?
4. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
5. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)