|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's canoe made from?
(a) Waterproof plaster.
(d) Broken shells made smooth.
2. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The Priest.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Juana's mother.
3. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) Another oyster.
(b) The side of the canoe.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) A rock.
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A bright light.
(b) only happiness.
(c) A curious dark residue.
(d) All their money.
5. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She drops him on the floor.
(b) She screams and attacks Kino
(c) She calls for the doctor.
(d) She walks out of the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
2. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
3. Where does Coyotito get stung?
4. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)