|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(a) Crumpled Back.
(d) Withered Leg.
2. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of Hope.
(b) Song of the Sea.
(c) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
(d) Song of Diving.
3. What is the baby's name?
(a) Little Kino.
4. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) One tiny pearl.
(c) His canoe.
(d) Eight misshapen pearls.
5. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A heavy stone and a basket.
(b) A basket and the boat.
(c) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(d) The boat and a heavy stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
2. What does the family eat every morning?
3. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
4. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)