|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) On the stern.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) On the bow.
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(b) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(c) A bad person enters his hut.
(d) He has never said so many words together in his life.
3. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) The gold.
(b) Pearls from oysters.
4. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
5. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(b) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
(c) A liquid drink.
(d) A small green pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
2. What color is the beach sand?
3. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)