|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mute people.
(b) Like children.
(c) Like slaves.
(d) Like thieves.
2. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Open it.
(b) Crush it.
(c) I want it.
(d) Avoid the oyster.
3. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The judge.
(d) The town police.
4. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(b) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) A bad person enters his hut.
5. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
(b) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(c) Kino and his neighbors.
(d) Kino and Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
2. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
3. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
4. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)