|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a pearl made from?
(a) The eyeball of the oyster.
(b) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
(c) The residue from an oyster's body.
(d) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
2. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(b) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry goats and dogs.
(b) Hungry cats and mice.
(c) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(d) Hungry cats and dogs.
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He was in Paris.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't feeling well.
(d) He wasn't in his office.
5. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(a) Tightening Throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
2. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
3. What does the family eat every morning?
4. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
5. How long can Kino stay under the water?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)