|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
(b) While diving for oysters.
(c) When he wakes up in the morning.
(d) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) A bad person enters his hut.
(b) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(c) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(d) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
3. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
4. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He drops the pearl by accident.
(b) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(c) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(d) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(c) The song of evil and song of family.
(d) The song of family and of the pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
2. What city does the doctor dream of?
3. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
4. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
5. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)