|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He was at an important meeting.
(b) He wasn't feeling well.
(c) He wasn't in his office.
(d) He was in Paris.
2. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(b) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(c) Bright socks with no holes.
(d) A button-down shirt for school.
3. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(d) He made it.
4. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(b) Hungry goats and dogs.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry cats and mice.
5. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) Their minds.
(b) The spirits.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
2. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
3. What is the name of the main character?
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)