|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(b) His canoe.
(c) Eight misshapen pearls.
(d) One tiny pearl.
2. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) The gold.
(b) Pearls from oysters.
3. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) Bright socks with no holes.
(b) A button-down shirt for school.
(c) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(d) A large brown hat to shade his face.
4. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) She's not on the canoe.
(b) On the stern.
(c) In the middle.
(d) On the bow.
5. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(d) It lunges for his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
2. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
3. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
4. Who knows all the sins of the town?
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)