|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(b) She shakes her head at him.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She gets up and walks out.
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(b) Withered Leg.
(d) Crumpled Back.
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) A rock.
(b) Another oyster.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) The side of the canoe.
5. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(b) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(c) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(d) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
2. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
3. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
5. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)