|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Song of the Morning.
(b) Song of Being Awake.
(c) Morning Song.
(d) Song of the Family.
2. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) On the bow.
(c) On the stern.
(d) She's not on the canoe.
3. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(b) Bright socks with no holes.
(c) A button-down shirt for school.
(d) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) "Hail Mary."
(b) She screams.
(c) She says nothing at all.
(d) "Song of Evil."
5. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(b) Hungry cats and mice.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
4. Where does Coyotito get stung?
5. How long can Kino stay under the water?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)