|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The judge.
(b) The town police.
2. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(b) Coyotito reaches for it.
(c) The wind blows it into his bed.
(d) It lunges for his face.
3. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(a) Pearls from oysters.
(b) The gold.
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of family and of the pearl.
(c) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(d) The song of evil and song of family.
5. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(b) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(c) Kino and Juana.
(d) Kino and his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
2. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
3. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
4. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
5. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)