|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has infected his body.
(b) His body is now blue.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) The poultice has changed colors.
2. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
(a) Get dressed.
(b) Checks on Coyotito.
(c) Makes the bed.
(d) Lights a fire.
3. What is Kino's canoe made from?
(a) Waterproof plaster.
(d) Broken shells made smooth.
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(b) The priest.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The fishermen.
5. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy a car.
(b) That he and Juana will be married.
(c) That he will move.
(d) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
3. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
4. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
5. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)