|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he and Juana will be married.
(b) That he will buy a car.
(c) That he will move.
(d) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
2. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Two men; one is the doctor.
(b) Kino's parents.
(c) The priest again.
(d) Juan and Apolonia.
3. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(b) The song of evil and song of family.
(c) The song of family and of the pearl.
(d) The song of hope and song of undersea.
5. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She screams.
(b) "Song of Evil."
(c) "Hail Mary."
(d) She says nothing at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
2. What color is Kino's hair?
3. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
4. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
5. Where is the town located near?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)