|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Avoid the oyster.
(b) Crush it.
(c) I want it.
(d) Open it.
2. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Every man's enemy.
(b) A nominee for sainthood.
(c) The richest man in town.
(d) Everyone's best friend.
3. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
(a) Their bird.
(d) His dog.
4. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A sail.
(b) A net.
(c) A mast for a lantern.
(d) A hole to hold the oysters.
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) She's not on the canoe.
(b) In the middle.
(c) On the bow.
(d) On the stern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
2. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
4. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
5. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)