|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His skin.
(d) The puncture would.
2. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Kino's salvation.
(b) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(c) Blessing Coyotito.
(d) Repairs necessary for the church.
3. Who knows all the sins of the town?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The trackers.
(c) The beggars.
(d) The monks.
4. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) One minute.
5. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(b) That he will buy a car.
(c) That he will move.
(d) That he and Juana will be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
2. What color is the beach sand?
3. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
5. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)