|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(b) A heavy stone and a basket.
(c) The boat and a heavy stone.
(d) A basket and the boat.
2. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) His eyelid.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) The puncture would.
(d) His skin.
3. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Italy.
4. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Spotted botete.
(b) Sea horses/
(c) Eel grass.
(d) Moray eels.
5. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) She shakes her head at him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She gets up and walks out.
(d) Her eyes widen at his courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
2. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
4. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
5. What is the name of the wife in the story?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)