|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) only happiness.
(b) A bright light.
(c) All their money.
(d) A curious dark residue.
2. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(b) That he will buy a car.
(c) That he and Juana will be married.
(d) That he will move.
3. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(b) His canoe.
(c) Eight misshapen pearls.
(d) One tiny pearl.
4. What is the baby's name?
(b) Little Kino.
5. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(c) A bad person enters his hut.
(d) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
3. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
4. How many children does Juana have?
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)