|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The priest.
(d) The fishermen.
2. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) To own a Winchester rifle.
(b) To have another child.
(c) To purchase a harpoon.
(d) To buy a new canoe.
3. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
(d) Dark Blue.
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(b) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(c) He went to the next town and got a better price.
(d) He gave his pearls to the church.
5. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
(a) A dog.
(b) A duck.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Coyotito get stung?
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
4. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
5. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)