|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) The priest again.
(c) Kino's parents.
(d) Two men; one is the doctor.
2. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) It lunges for his face.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(d) Coyotito reaches for it.
3. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will own a canoe as well.
(b) That he will have a rifle too.
(c) That he will become a doctor.
(d) That he will go to school.
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The priest.
(c) The fishermen.
(d) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
5. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
(b) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
(c) When he wakes up in the morning.
(d) While diving for oysters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife in the story?
2. What color is the beach sand?
3. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
4. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
5. What is a pearl made from?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)