|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Kino's hair?
(a) He's bald.
2. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Dreams forming.
3. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A curious dark residue.
(b) only happiness.
(c) A bright light.
(d) All their money.
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He was in Paris.
(b) He wasn't feeling well.
(c) He wasn't in his office.
(d) He was at an important meeting.
5. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The fish.
(b) The crops.
(c) Kino's canoe.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
2. How long can Kino stay under the water?
3. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
4. What is the baby's name?
5. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)