|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(a) The priest.
2. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of Coyotito's head.
(b) The size of a crab.
(c) The size of a seagull's egg.
(d) The size of a fish.
3. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will go to school.
(b) That he will become a doctor.
(c) That he will own a canoe as well.
(d) That he will have a rifle too.
4. What does the family eat every morning?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Moray eels.
(b) Sea horses/
(c) Spotted botete.
(d) Eel grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
2. What stings Coyotito?
3. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
5. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)