|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(b) He gave his pearls to the church.
(c) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(d) He went to the next town and got a better price.
2. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A large bird.
(b) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(c) the same goat he saw that morning.
(d) A black cat.
3. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She screams.
(b) She says nothing at all.
(c) "Song of Evil."
(d) "Hail Mary."
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The priest.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(d) The fishermen.
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) She's not on the canoe.
(c) On the bow.
(d) On the stern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
2. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
4. What is the name of the wife in the story?
5. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)