|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a crab.
(b) The size of a fish.
(c) The size of Coyotito's head.
(d) The size of a seagull's egg.
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(b) The boat and a heavy stone.
(c) A basket and the boat.
(d) A heavy stone and a basket.
3. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) On the bow.
(c) On the stern.
(d) She's not on the canoe.
4. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Eel grass.
(b) Moray eels.
(c) Spotted botete.
(d) Sea horses/
5. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
(a) The wolves howling.
(b) The conch shell horns.
(c) The crackle of the fire.
(d) The crickets and frogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
2. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
4. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
5. What color is the beach sand?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)