|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't feeling well.
(b) He wasn't in his office.
(c) He was at an important meeting.
(d) He was in Paris.
2. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(b) That he will buy a car.
(c) That he will move.
(d) That he and Juana will be married.
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His home.
(c) His snorkeling gear.
(d) His carving stick.
4. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
(b) Kino and his neighbors.
(c) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(d) Kino and Juana.
5. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He gave his pearls to the church.
(b) He went to the next town and got a better price.
(c) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(d) He smashed his pearls to bits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
2. What color does the narrator describe the beach sand as being in Chapter 2?
3. What color is Kino's hair?
4. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
5. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)