|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A hole to hold the oysters.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A sail.
(d) A net.
2. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She screams.
(b) "Song of Evil."
(c) "Hail Mary."
(d) She says nothing at all.
3. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poison has receded from his body.
(b) His body is now blue.
(c) The poultice has changed colors.
(d) The poultice has infected his body.
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A curious dark residue.
(b) All their money.
(c) A bright light.
(d) only happiness.
5. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will own a canoe as well.
(b) That he will go to school.
(c) That he will become a doctor.
(d) That he will have a rifle too.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
2. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
3. Where is the town located near?
4. What does the family eat every morning?
5. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)