|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) One minute.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
2. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His carving stick.
(c) His snorkeling gear.
(d) His home.
3. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Rome.
4. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) Her eyes widen at his courage.
(c) She gets up and walks out.
(d) She shakes her head at him.
5. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
2. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
5. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)