|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
2. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A bee.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A fire ant.
3. What is a pearl made from?
(a) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(b) The residue from an oyster's body.
(c) The eyeball of the oyster.
(d) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
4. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) While diving for oysters.
(b) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
(c) When he wakes up in the morning.
(d) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
5. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Beats it with a rock.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Nothing; he's too stunned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Kino's hair?
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
3. How big is Kino's great pearl?
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
5. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)