|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) A strong, short knife.
(b) The side of the canoe.
(c) Another oyster.
(d) A rock.
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) The spirits.
(b) Their imagination.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their minds.
3. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
4. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(c) He made it.
5. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(b) Pearls from oysters.
(c) The gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
2. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
3. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
4. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
5. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)