|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
(c) His dog.
(d) Their bird.
2. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A net.
(b) A diving rock.
(c) A basket.
(d) Two ropes.
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a heavy stone.
(b) A basket and the boat.
(c) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(d) A heavy stone and a basket.
4. What color does the narrator describe the beach sand as being in Chapter 2?
5. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(b) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(c) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(d) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
2. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
3. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)