|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the stern.
(b) On the bow.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) In the middle.
2. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(b) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(c) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(d) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
3. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his leg.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his shoulder.
(d) On his face.
4. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) A crib.
(b) With his parents.
(c) A hanging box.
(d) On the floor.
5. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has infected his body.
(b) His body is now blue.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) The poultice has changed colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
3. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
4. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
5. What city does the doctor dream of?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)