|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(b) The gold.
(d) Pearls from oysters.
2. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) With his parents.
(b) On the floor.
(c) A crib.
(d) A hanging box.
3. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) She's not on the canoe.
(c) On the bow.
(d) On the stern.
4. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and mice.
(b) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(d) He made it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
2. What is located near the town where Kino's family lives?
3. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
4. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
5. Why do the villagers come to Kino's house in Chapter 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)