|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the doctor dream of?
(c) New York City.
2. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) I want it.
(b) Avoid the oyster.
(c) Crush it.
(d) Open it.
3. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) It lunges for his face.
(b) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(c) Coyotito reaches for it.
(d) The wind blows it into his bed.
4. How big is Kino's great pearl?
(a) The size of a fish.
(b) The size of a crab.
(c) The size of a seagull's egg.
(d) The size of Coyotito's head.
5. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A net.
(b) Two ropes.
(c) A diving rock.
(d) A basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
2. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
3. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
4. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
5. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)