|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Tries to pick it up.
(b) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(c) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
2. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A diving rock.
(c) A net.
(d) Two ropes.
3. What is a pearl made from?
(a) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
(b) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(c) The residue from an oyster's body.
(d) The eyeball of the oyster.
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) Another oyster.
(b) A rock.
(c) The side of the canoe.
(d) A strong, short knife.
5. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) A crib.
(b) On the floor.
(c) With his parents.
(d) A hanging box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
2. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
3. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
5. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)