|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
(a) His snorkeling gear.
(b) His carving stick.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His home.
2. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A diving rock.
(b) A net.
(c) A basket.
(d) Two ropes.
3. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
(a) When he paddles out to the oyster bed.
(b) While diving for oysters.
(c) When he opens up the oysters after his dive.
(d) When he wakes up in the morning.
4. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) The wind blows it into his bed.
(c) It lunges for his face.
(d) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
5. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Coyotito get stung?
2. What city does the doctor dream of?
3. What is Kino's canoe made from?
4. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
5. What is the baby's name?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)