|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(b) The fishermen.
(c) The priest.
(d) The doctor.
2. How does the narrator describe Juana wearing her hair?
(a) In a ponytail.
(b) In a bun.
(c) In braids.
(d) Cut short.
3. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Beats it with a rock.
(b) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(c) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
4. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Morning Song.
(b) Song of the Morning.
(c) Song of Being Awake.
(d) Song of the Family.
5. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) With his parents.
(b) A crib.
(c) A hanging box.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife in the story?
2. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
4. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
5. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)