|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Kino's hair?
(b) He's bald.
2. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Sucks the puncture wound.
(d) Slaps his wound area.
3. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(b) Beats it with a rock.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
4. What does the family eat every morning?
5. Why do the villagers come to Kino's house in Chapter 1?
(a) They are looking for Juana.
(b) They are demanding money.
(c) They hear Coytito's cries.
(d) They are demanding the pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
2. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed in Chapter 1?
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
5. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)