|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(b) the same goat he saw that morning.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A large bird.
2. When does Kino hear the trackers coming towards him and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) In his delirium.
(b) After breakfast.
(c) When they yell at him.
(d) In his dream.
3. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) A new piece of cloth.
(b) One of Juana's shawls.
(c) Old, soft deerskin.
(d) A piece of paper.
4. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) Two pesos.
(b) 15 pesos.
(c) Ten pesos.
(d) 500 pesos.
5. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) More than 1,000 miles.
(c) 2,000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the town located near?
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
3. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. Which songs are in Kino's head as he and his family are running away in Chapter 6?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)