|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A curious dark residue.
(b) only happiness.
(c) All their money.
(d) A bright light.
2. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) One hour.
(d) Only until a new night arrives.
3. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like thieves.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like mute people.
(d) Like children.
4. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) Old, soft deerskin.
(c) One of Juana's shawls.
(d) A new piece of cloth.
5. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(b) Withered Leg.
(d) Crumpled Back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
3. How old is Kino's tribe?
4. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
5. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)