|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(b) Kino and Juana.
(d) Kino and his neighbors.
2. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
3. What is the baby's name?
(a) Little Kino.
4. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(b) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(c) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(d) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
5. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Tries to pick it up.
(b) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
3. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
4. What city does the doctor dream of?
5. How long can Kino stay under the water?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)