|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Beats it with a rock.
(b) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(c) Tries to pick it up.
(d) Nothing; he's too stunned.
2. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(c) Tightening Throat.
3. What is the first thing Juana does when she gets out of bed?
(a) Makes the bed.
(b) Checks on Coyotito.
(c) Get dressed.
(d) Lights a fire.
4. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(b) His canoe.
(c) One tiny pearl.
(d) Eight misshapen pearls.
5. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(b) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(c) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(d) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
3. Who knows all the sins of the town?
4. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
5. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)