|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A net.
(c) Two ropes.
(d) A diving rock.
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(b) He made it.
3. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(a) Kino and his neighbors.
(b) Kino and Juana.
(c) Kino and Juna Tomas.
4. What is the baby's name?
(a) Little Kino.
5. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The fish.
(b) The sea.
(c) Kino's canoe.
(d) The crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pearl made from?
2. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
4. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)