|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Beats it with a rock.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Nothing; he's too stunned.
2. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and dogs.
(b) Hungry cats and mice.
(c) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A heavy stone and a basket.
(b) A basket and the boat.
(c) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(d) The boat and a heavy stone.
4. What color is the skirt that Juana wears to see the doctor?
5. What color is the beach sand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
2. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
3. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the wife in the story?
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)