|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) Another oyster.
(b) A rock.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) The side of the canoe.
2. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
(a) Brown algae.
(c) Puffer fish.
3. What is the name of the wife in the story?
4. What color is Kino's hair?
(a) He's bald.
5. What is a pearl made from?
(a) The eyeball of the oyster.
(b) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(c) The residue from an oyster's body.
(d) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
2. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
3. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
4. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)