|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Beats it with a rock.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Nothing; he's too stunned.
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Start diving on his oysters.
(b) Paddle to him.
(c) Scream at him.
(d) Try to tip over his canoe.
3. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Pale blue.
(d) Bright green.
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She screams.
(b) "Song of Evil."
(c) She says nothing at all.
(d) "Hail Mary."
5. What is a pearl made from?
(a) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
(b) The residue from an oyster's body.
(c) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(d) The eyeball of the oyster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Kino's hair?
2. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
3. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
4. How long can Kino stay under the water?
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)