|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) only happiness.
(b) A curious dark residue.
(c) A bright light.
(d) All their money.
2. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his leg.
(b) On his shoulder.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his stomach.
3. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(c) A bad person enters his hut.
(d) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
4. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His boots.
(b) His pants.
(c) His straw hat.
(d) His sandals.
5. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like thieves.
(c) Like mute people.
(d) Like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
3. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
4. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)