|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
(a) An ancient ritual.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) They don't talk, only shake hands.
(d) "Go with God."
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
(a) A monstrosity.
(b) A beautiful thing of great value.
(c) A surprise.
(d) A fake concoction made by Juana.
3. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(b) The priest.
4. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) To destroy the pearl.
(b) To run after their attacker.
(c) To sleep in the church.
(d) To find the pearl buyer and sell the pearl quickly.
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A hole to hold the oysters.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A net.
(d) A sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
2. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
3. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What does Juana bring Kino to drink after he is attacked in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)