|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
2. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and mice.
(b) Hungry cats and dogs.
(c) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(d) Hungry goats and dogs.
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) Ten pesos.
(b) A trip to the United States.
(c) A thousand pesos.
(d) A few dollars.
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(b) He gave his pearls to the church.
(c) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(d) He went to the next town and got a better price.
5. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
2. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
3. Why do the villagers come to Kino's house in Chapter 1?
4. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
5. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)