|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
(a) A beautiful thing of great value.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A fake concoction made by Juana.
(d) A monstrosity.
2. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
(a) Oyster shells.
(b) Brown seaweed.
3. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He was in Paris.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't in his office.
(d) He wasn't feeling well.
4. What is in front of every pearl buyer?
(a) A little black velvet tray.
(b) A money purse.
(c) Black stones.
(d) A piece of smooth wood.
5. Where is Kino cut after the attack in Chapter 4?
(a) His face.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
2. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
3. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
4. Where is the town located near?
5. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)