|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Juana have?
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(b) A bad person enters his hut.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) He has never said so many words together in his life.
3. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On a donkey.
(b) On the back of the goat.
(c) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(d) on a chariot.
4. What song is in Kino's head when he wakes up?
(a) Song of the Family.
(b) Morning Song.
(c) Song of the Morning.
(d) Song of Being Awake.
5. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) The priest again.
(c) Two men; one is the doctor.
(d) Kino's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
2. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
3. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
4. Who attacks Kino after Juan leaves in Chapter 4?
5. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)