|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The crops.
(b) The fish.
(c) The sea.
(d) Kino's canoe.
2. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
(a) To sleep in the church.
(b) To run after their attacker.
(c) To destroy the pearl.
(d) To find the pearl buyer and sell the pearl quickly.
3. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Crush it between two stones.
(b) Give it to the church.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Give it to Juan Tomas.
4. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(d) Screams at Juana.
5. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(c) Crumpled Back.
(d) Withered Leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
3. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
5. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)