|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) Coyotito reaches for it.
(b) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
(c) The wind blows it into his bed.
(d) It lunges for his face.
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Try to tip over his canoe.
(b) Start diving on his oysters.
(c) Scream at him.
(d) Paddle to him.
3. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
(c) Dreams forming.
4. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) Their imagination.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their minds.
(d) The spirits.
5. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The Priest.
(b) Juana's mother.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
2. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
3. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
4. What is the name of the main character?
5. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)