|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a corner of his hut.
(c) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(d) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) The spirits.
(b) Their minds.
(c) Their imagination.
(d) Their eyes.
3. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
(a) The judge.
(c) The town police.
4. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
(b) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(c) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(d) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
5. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(b) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(c) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(d) A bad person enters his hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
2. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
3. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
4. What is the name of the wife in the story?
5. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)