|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
(a) A small knife.
(b) A silver pen.
(c) A wad of money.
(d) A scarlet hibiscus flower.
2. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) A few dollars.
(b) Ten pesos.
(c) A trip to the United States.
(d) A thousand pesos.
4. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(b) A black cat.
(c) the same goat he saw that morning.
(d) A large bird.
5. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They ransack his house.
(b) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
(c) They fight each other to use his canoe.
(d) They leave their canoes on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
2. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
3. How long can Kino stay under the water?
4. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
5. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)