|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
2. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A button-down shirt for school.
(b) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(c) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
(d) Bright socks with no holes.
3. What is the highest offer Kino gets for his pearl in Chapter 4?
(a) Two million pesos.
(b) Fifty pesos.
(c) Fifteen hundred pesos.
(d) Two dollars.
4. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(b) The gold.
(d) Pearls from oysters.
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(b) The song of family and of the pearl.
(c) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(d) The song of evil and song of family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
3. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
4. What is the name of Kino's town?
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)