|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kino eat one day that almost killed him?
(a) Bad seafood.
(b) Bad fruit.
2. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his stomach.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his shoulder.
(d) On his face.
3. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
(a) Take the canoe to the capital.
(b) Have a town meeting.
(c) Avenge his attackers.
(d) Go back to the pearl buyers.
4. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A black cat.
(b) the same goat he saw that morning.
(c) A large bird.
(d) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
5. After Kino dives in the water in Chapter 2, what song plays in his head?
(a) Song of the Sea.
(b) Song of Hope.
(c) Song of Diving.
(d) Song of the Pearl that Might Be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
2. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
3. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
4. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
5. How long can Kino stay under the water?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)