|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(c) The song of family and of the pearl.
(d) The song of evil and song of family.
2. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) Over two minutes.
(b) One minute.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(b) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
4. What does the family eat every morning?
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Avoid the oyster.
(b) I want it.
(c) Open it.
(d) Crush it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
2. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
3. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
4. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
5. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)