|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song roars in Kino's ears after the sting?
(a) Song of the Enemy.
(b) Song of Evil.
(c) Song of Anger.
(d) Song of the Stinging.
2. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan and Apolonia.
(b) The priest again.
(c) Kino's parents.
(d) Two men; one is the doctor.
3. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Spotted botete.
(b) Eel grass.
(c) Sea horses/
(d) Moray eels.
4. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A large stick.
(d) A stone from the fire hole.
5. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A large bird.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(d) the same goat he saw that morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juana plead for after Kino is attacked in Chapter 4?
2. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
3. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 4, where does Kino threaten to go to get a better price on his pearl?
5. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)