|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Slaps his wound area.
(b) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(c) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(d) Sucks the puncture wound.
2. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will go to school.
(b) That he will have a rifle too.
(c) That he will own a canoe as well.
(d) That he will become a doctor.
3. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has changed colors.
(b) The poultice has infected his body.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) His body is now blue.
4. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
(a) To own a Winchester rifle.
(b) To buy a new canoe.
(c) To have another child.
(d) To purchase a harpoon.
5. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) Both hands.
(b) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
2. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
3. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
4. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
5. What is a pearl made from?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)