|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A basket and the boat.
(b) The boat and a heavy stone.
(c) A heavy stone and a basket.
(d) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
2. Who knows all the sins of the town?
(a) The beggars.
(b) The monks.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The trackers.
3. Where does Coyotito get stung?
(a) On his stomach.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his shoulder.
4. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
(a) The spirits.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their imagination.
(d) Their minds.
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Screams at Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
2. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
4. What is Kino's canoe made from?
5. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)