Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(b) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
2. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
(c) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(d) In a corner of his hut.
3. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
(a) "I will visit him later today."
(b) "He is a patient of mine."
(c) "He stole it!"
(d) "He tried to rob me."
4. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(b) A bad person enters his hut.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) He has never said so many words together in his life.
5. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A bright light.
(b) A curious dark residue.
(c) All their money.
(d) only happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
2. Where is the town located near?
3. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)