|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't feeling well.
(b) He wasn't in his office.
(c) He was at an important meeting.
(d) He was in Paris.
2. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Tries to steal his pearl.
(b) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
3. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(b) He is attacked by a dog.
(c) He trips and breaks his leg.
(d) He gets lost going home.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Juan tell Kino to do with the pearl?
(a) Sell it quickly.
(b) Smash it.
(c) Throw it in the water.
(d) Bury it in the sand.
5. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
(a) A long knife.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bag of red beans and rice.
(d) A block of salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
3. How long can Kino stay under the water?
4. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)