|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is surprised but calm.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is filled with rage.
2. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) A pain.
(b) A fire.
(c) Poverty itself.
3. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The beach.
(b) The neighbor's screams.
(c) The pearl.
(d) The light from the fire burning his house.
4. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns and faces him.
(b) She jumps in the water.
(c) She throws a rock at him.
(d) She runs.
5. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They allow another family to live inside it.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
2. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
3. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
4. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
5. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)