|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A sail.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A net.
(d) A hole to hold the oysters.
2. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(b) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
(c) They bulldoze it.
(d) They allow another family to live inside it.
3. Where is the town located near?
(a) An estuary.
(b) A river.
(c) A large oak tree.
4. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Finds the police and shows them where Kino is hiding.
(c) Welcomes them into his home for the day.
(d) Tries to steal his pearl.
5. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(b) A small green pill.
(c) A liquid drink.
(d) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pearl made from?
2. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
3. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
4. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)