|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
(a) The pearl.
(b) The light from the fire burning his house.
(c) The neighbor's screams.
(d) The beach.
2. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
(a) It will blow the evil from him.
(b) It will protect him from too much heat.
(c) It will cover his tracks.
(d) It will blow him towards a good destination.
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry goats and dogs.
(b) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(c) Hungry cats and mice.
(d) Hungry cats and dogs.
4. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) A small green pill.
(b) A liquid drink.
(d) white powder in a capsule of gelatin.
5. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) The side of the canoe.
(b) Another oyster.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
2. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
3. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
4. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
5. What is Kino's canoe made from?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)