|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(b) Someone has stolen it.
(c) There is a huge hole in it.
(d) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
2. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She does an ancient dance.
(b) She drinks an ancient potion.
(c) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(d) She sings an ancient ritual song.
3. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
(a) He goes out and makes theories about what happened.
(b) He gives them a rifle.
(c) He bars his door.
(d) He hands them all of his money.
4. What is a pearl made from?
(a) The eyeball of the oyster.
(b) The residue from an oyster's body.
(c) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(d) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
5. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She runs.
(b) She jumps in the water.
(c) She turns and faces him.
(d) She throws a rock at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
2. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
3. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
4. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
5. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)