|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
(a) She sings an ancient ritual song.
(b) She covers one side of her nose with her shawl.
(c) She does an ancient dance.
(d) She drinks an ancient potion.
2. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
(a) Kino and his neighbors.
(b) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(c) Kino and Juana.
3. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(a) The priest.
4. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The dark ones.
(d) The other neighbors.
5. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a heavy stone.
(b) A basket and the boat.
(c) A heavy stone and a basket.
(d) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
2. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
3. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
4. How long can Kino stay under the water?
5. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)