|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Avoid the oyster.
(b) Open it.
(c) I want it.
(d) Crush it.
2. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
(a) To the Capital.
(d) Out into the sea.
3. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) She's not on the canoe.
(b) In the middle.
(c) On the stern.
(d) On the bow.
4. Where is the town located near?
(a) A large oak tree.
(c) An estuary.
(d) A river.
5. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
(a) "He stole it!"
(b) "I will visit him later today."
(c) "He is a patient of mine."
(d) "He tried to rob me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
2. How does Juana react to Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
3. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
4. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
5. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)