|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The capital.
(c) The shore.
(d) The town.
2. In Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(c) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(d) There is a huge hole in it.
3. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
(a) Two inches.
(b) Ten inches.
(c) Eighteen inches.
(d) Five inches.
4. After Kino grabs the pearl from Juana in Chapter 5, what does he do?
(a) He buries the pearl in the sand.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He hits her in the face and kicks her in the side.
(d) He kisses her.
5. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(c) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(d) A bad person enters his hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
2. How big is Kino's great pearl?
3. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
4. Kino tells Juana that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose what?
5. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)