|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) One hour.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Only until a new night arrives.
2. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The fish.
(b) The crops.
(c) The sea.
(d) Kino's canoe.
3. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
(a) It will protect him from too much heat.
(b) It will blow the evil from him.
(c) It will cover his tracks.
(d) It will blow him towards a good destination.
4. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Blessing Coyotito.
(b) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(c) Repairs necessary for the church.
(d) Kino's salvation.
5. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana's mother.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the knife Juan hands to Kino in Chapter 5?
2. When Juana hears Kino say "I am a man" what does she think he is?
3. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
4. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
5. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)