|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paddles Kino's canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) Kino and Juna Tomas.
(b) Kino and Juana.
(c) Kino and his neighbors.
2. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A hole to hold the oysters.
(b) A sail.
(c) A net.
(d) A mast for a lantern.
3. What has brought the King of Spain to higher power?
(b) Pearls from oysters.
(c) The gold.
4. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will have a rifle too.
(b) That he will become a doctor.
(c) That he will go to school.
(d) That he will own a canoe as well.
5. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Kino's parents.
(b) Juan and Apolonia.
(c) Two men; one is the doctor.
(d) The priest again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
2. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
3. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)