|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She jumps in the water.
(b) She throws a rock at him.
(c) She turns and faces him.
(d) She runs.
2. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
(a) That he will have a rifle too.
(b) That he will become a doctor.
(c) That he will go to school.
(d) That he will own a canoe as well.
3. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry cats and mice.
(b) Hungry goats and dogs.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry dogs and pigs.
4. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) The Pearl of the World.
(b) A large pearl.
(d) A huge fish.
5. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't in his office.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't feeling well.
(d) He was in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
2. What is a pearl made from?
3. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
4. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)