|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(a) Crumpled Back.
(b) Withered Leg.
2. What is a pearl made from?
(a) A grain of sand accidentally put into an oyster.
(b) The residue from an oyster's body.
(c) The eyeball of the oyster.
(d) Leftover shells that the oyster has eaten.
3. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(b) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(c) He tells Juana that they are moving.
(d) He drops the pearl by accident.
4. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will move.
(b) That he and Juana will be married.
(c) That he will buy a car.
(d) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
5. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His snorkeling gear.
(c) His home.
(d) His carving stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is Kino's great pearl?
2. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
3. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
4. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
5. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)