|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) One minute.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
2. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
(a) It will protect him from too much heat.
(b) It will blow the evil from him.
(c) It will cover his tracks.
(d) It will blow him towards a good destination.
3. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(b) A bad person enters his hut.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A bright light.
(b) All their money.
(c) only happiness.
(d) A curious dark residue.
5. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
(a) He gets lost going home.
(b) He is attacked by a dark figure.
(c) He trips and breaks his leg.
(d) He is attacked by a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
2. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
4. Who paddles Kino's canoe?
5. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)