|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) One minute.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Over two minutes.
2. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the bow.
(b) On the stern.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) In the middle.
3. What is the thing of most value to Kino?
(a) His carving stick.
(b) His snorkeling gear.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His home.
4. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy a car.
(b) That he will move.
(c) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(d) That he and Juana will be married.
5. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like children.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like mute people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not mentioned as something near the coast of the beach?
2. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
3. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
4. What does Juan Tomas do when he sees Kino and Juana on the run?
5. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)