|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't in his office.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't feeling well.
(d) He was in Paris.
2. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) The boat and a heavy stone.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A heavy stone and a basket.
(d) A basket and the boat.
3. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of Happiness.
(b) Song of the Family.
(c) Song of the Home.
(d) Song of Evil.
4. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) On the stern.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) On the bow.
5. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
(b) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(c) He gave his pearls to the church.
(d) He went to the next town and got a better price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
3. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
4. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
5. Who does Kino find in Chapter 5 to help save him and Juana?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)