|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Killing an animal.
(b) Leaving his home.
(c) Killing a boat.
(d) Killing a man.
2. How long can Kino stay under the water?
(a) One minute.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Over two minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
3. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
(a) He gives the pearl to Coyotito to play with.
(b) He drops the pearl by accident.
(c) He glances at his remaining neighbors suspiciously.
(d) He tells Juana that they are moving.
4. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry goats and dogs.
(b) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(c) Hungry cats and dogs.
(d) Hungry cats and mice.
5. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
(a) Brown seaweed.
(b) Oyster shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
2. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
3. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
4. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
5. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)