|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
(a) A thin dog that he doesn't know.
(b) A large bird.
(c) A black cat.
(d) the same goat he saw that morning.
2. What is evil beyond thinking to Kino?
(a) Leaving his home.
(b) Killing an animal.
(c) Killing a boat.
(d) Killing a man.
3. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(c) Withered Leg.
(d) Crumpled Back.
4. What seems to carry the sound of evil in the night wind to Kino?
(a) The wolves howling.
(b) The conch shell horns.
(c) The crackle of the fire.
(d) The crickets and frogs.
5. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of family and of the pearl.
(b) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(c) The song of evil and song of family.
(d) The song of hope and song of undersea.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
2. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
3. What is a pearl made from?
4. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)