|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do none of the fisherman leave that morning in Chapter 5?
(a) They all search for the dead man's killer.
(b) A bad wind makes fishing impossible.
(c) They have banded together to find Kino.
(d) They are too frightened.
2. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will move.
(b) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(c) That he will buy a car.
(d) That he and Juana will be married.
3. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
(c) The song of evil and song of family.
(d) The song of family and of the pearl.
4. Where do Kino and Juana watch their house being destroyed in Chapter 5?
(a) From the beach coast.
(b) From the cracks in Juan's home.
(c) From the mountain cliffs.
(d) From the street.
5. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
(a) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
2. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
3. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
4. Where does Kino plan to go after he leaves Juan's home in Chapter 5?
5. What does Kino do when he sees the pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)