|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A diving rock.
(c) Two ropes.
(d) A net.
2. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(b) A dead fish.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Brown seaweed.
3. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(d) He made it.
4. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
(a) She constantly feeds him.
(b) She smothers him.
(c) She mutters ancient sayings over him.
(d) She stuffs dirt in his mouth.
5. How does Kino react to Juana's moving the pearl?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is filled with rage.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is surprised but calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's canoe made from?
2. Why does Juan believe the bad wind to be good for Kino?
3. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
5. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)