|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A mast for a lantern.
(b) A net.
(c) A hole to hold the oysters.
(d) A sail.
2. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
(a) A pain.
(c) Poverty itself.
(d) A fire.
3. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Start diving on his oysters.
(b) Paddle to him.
(c) Scream at him.
(d) Try to tip over his canoe.
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of evil and song of family.
(b) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(c) The song of family and of the pearl.
(d) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
5. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He feels it will save him.
(b) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(c) He wants to sell it.
(d) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
2. What makes Kino very afraid in Chapter 5?
3. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
5. According to Chapter 3, who will punish Kino for rebelling against the way things are?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)