* Kino awakes moments before dawn and sees his wife Juana already awake and watching him.
* Juana wakes their son Coyotito carefully and prepares for the day ahead.
* Just after breakfast, a scorpion falls into Coyotito's crib and stings him.
* Coyotito screams and Juana tries to suck the poison out.
* Hopeless, she tells Kino that she wants to see the doctor.
* Followed by the people of their village, Juana and Kino take Coyotito to the doctor.
* He refuses to see them since they have little money.
* They return back to their village and home.
* Kino takes his canoe out for the day to search for pearls.
* Together, Kino and Juana hope for a great pearl that would pay for Coyotito's medical needs.
* Kino finds the greatest pearl in the world.
* Kino howls with happiness and the other divers paddle to his canoe to see the miracle.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)