|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a large village, how long might the lottery last?
(a) All day because they have more activities in the square.
(b) An hour because the slips were mailed to the people.
(c) As much as seven days.
(d) Not long because of better equipment.
2. What is in the black box?
(b) Wood chips.
(c) Slips of paper.
3. What is being used for the first time this year?
(a) Black and white ping pong balls.
(b) Slips of paper instead of wood chips.
(c) A bigger stool.
(d) A new black box.
4. What is Tessie Hutchinson doing when she realizes Bill has the marked slip?
(a) She is jumping up and down with excitement.
(b) She is mentioning that Bill got that slip the last lottery.
(c) She is complaining that the drawing was not fair.
(d) She is bragging to the other women.
5. Who is the last person accounted for before the lottery begins?
(a) Mrs. Dunbar.
(b) Old man Warner.
(c) The tall Watson boy.
(d) Tessie Hutchinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the children running around that morning?
2. What does Tessie's paper mean?
3. What is Mrs. Hutchinson's behavior as she makes her way to her family?
4. Who is the first person called to draw for the lottery?
5. What do some people think about discontinuing the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the rules of the lottery, how long does the stoning go on?
2. What do the villagers begin to do at that point?
3. Describe the kind of morning it is on the day of the lottery.
4. What do the boys do to prepare for the lottery.
5. This time, who comes forward to draw slips of paper from the box?
6. What time of the year is the lottery being held?
7. In place of the salute, what is required now of the lottery official?
8. What are the heads of families instructed to do with their slips of paper?
9. Eventually, how do the people assemble as they wait for the lottery?
10. What does Mr. Graves do at the Hutchinson family drawing?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)