|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere of the village as the lottery gets under way?
(a) It is chaos.
(b) It is orderly and respectful.
(c) Everyone is talking at once.
(d) There is great jollity among the people.
2. What serious formality occurs before the lottery begins?
(a) The pledge of allegiance.
(b) The blessing of the box.
(c) The singing of the village anthem.
(d) The swearing in of the officials.
3. Why is everyone participating, even the Hutchinson children?
(a) Because it is a village activity.
(b) Because they have nothing better to do.
(c) Because they will be jailed if they do not.
(d) Because they are all hypnotized.
4. In general, what type of village is the setting of the story?
(a) A manufacturing village.
(b) A mining village.
(c) A retirement village.
(d) A farming village.
5. Who is the first to hold up his slip of paper?
(a) Old man Warner.
(b) Mr. Summers.
(c) Mr. Graves.
(d) Bill Hutchinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hutchinson's behavior as she makes her way to her family?
2. Who helps hold the box to keep it steady?
3. What are some villages rumored to be doing with their lottery?
4. What is Jackson satirizing by having the children participate so willingly in the stoning?
5. When Mr. Summers says it is time, what does everyone do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)