|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the village look like on the morning of the lottery?
(a) It is in the sun with neat houses, green lawns, and flowers everywhere.
(b) It is gloomy and cold looking with gray houses.
(c) It is very metropolitan with shiny glass commercial buildings.
(d) It is dusty and dry with the paint peeling off the houses.
2. Who is the first person called to draw for the lottery?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Graves.
(c) Tessie Hutchinson.
(d) Mr. Adams.
3. What does everyone get at this point?
(a) Blank papers.
4. Is everyone present as the lottery ceremony begins?
(a) Yes, it is a crime to be late for the lottery.
(b) No, one entire family is missing.
(c) Yes, they do not start until all are there.
(d) No, one woman comes running up late.
5. What holiday is mentioned in the story that suggests this village is in America?
(c) Groundhog Day.
(d) The 4th of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jackson satirizing by having the children participate so willingly in the stoning?
2. In the story, what idea does Shirley Jackson carefully avoid?
3. Why do they stop using the wood chips?
4. What does Mr. Summers carry onto the village square?
5. Who needs help from Mr. Graves to open his slip?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)