|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone participating, even the Hutchinson children?
(a) Because it is a village activity.
(b) Because they have nothing better to do.
(c) Because they are all hypnotized.
(d) Because they will be jailed if they do not.
2. What does Mr. Summers carry onto the village square?
(a) A black, wooden box.
(b) A milking stool.
(c) The village flag.
(d) The book of rules.
3. What is revealing about the social order of the village?
(a) The children and running around unsupervised.
(b) The men are drinking ale.
(c) The women hold a superior position.
(d) The men and women are not together.
4. What is being used for the first time this year?
(a) Black and white ping pong balls.
(b) A new black box.
(c) A bigger stool.
(d) Slips of paper instead of wood chips.
5. Who gets to go first in the second drawing?
(a) Tessie insists on drawing first.
(b) The three children draw first.
(c) The oldest son draws first.
(d) Bill draws first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Clyde Dunbar not draw for his family?
2. What does Tessie's paper mean?
3. How do they list the villagers before the lottery begins?
4. What is Tessie doing in the center of the circle of her friends, neighbors, and family?
5. What explanation does the late comer give for being late?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)