|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a large village, how long might the lottery last?
(a) An hour because the slips were mailed to the people.
(b) As much as seven days.
(c) All day because they have more activities in the square.
(d) Not long because of better equipment.
2. What is Old man Warner's meaning when he says lottery in June, corn harvest soon?
(a) He thinks the lottery magically makes the harvest good.
(b) He judges time by the lottery.
(c) He thinks that June is too soon for the lottery.
(d) He sees the lottery as a way to fill time until the harvest.
3. What is the date of the lottery?
(a) July 4th
(b) June 27th
(c) April 1st
(d) February 2nd
4. What is Tessie Hutchinson doing when she realizes Bill has the marked slip?
(a) She is bragging to the other women.
(b) She is mentioning that Bill got that slip the last lottery.
(c) She is jumping up and down with excitement.
(d) She is complaining that the drawing was not fair.
5. Who gets to go first in the second drawing?
(a) The oldest son draws first.
(b) Tessie insists on drawing first.
(c) The three children draw first.
(d) Bill draws first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does his oldest son not draw for him?
2. What is being used for the first time this year?
3. What trouble does Bobby Martin get into?
4. Who tells the boys what to do on the morning of the lottery?
5. What is the age of majority in the village?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)