|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis do as Ona is dying?
(a) Tries to revive her
(b) Pleads with God
(c) Takes her hand
(d) Shakes her
2. What does Jurgis buy with his newfound wealth?
(a) A coat
(b) A drink
(c) A house
3. Who begins to drink and gamble heavily?
4. What happens to cause Jurgis to lose his job?
(a) He gets in a fight
(b) He is found to be blacklisted
(c) He gets injured
(d) He isn't good enough at his job
5. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
(a) Murdering the owner
(b) The injustices
(c) Stealing something
(d) Beating up the new friend
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
2. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
3. Why was Jurgis released late from prison?
4. Who throws Jurgis out of the home?
5. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
2. Jurgis happens upon another political meeting. What is the topic this time?
3. Where does Jurgis next get a job at, that turns out to be a good position?
4. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
5. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
6. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
7. When Jurgis gets out of the hospital, what does he do?
8. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
9. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
10. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)