|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(a) The political rallies
(b) Long walks
(d) The weekly newspaper
2. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
3. What is the family focused on in their life right now?
(a) A new political party
(d) Base survival
4. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
(d) His son Antanas
5. What does Jurgis do to sleep in a warm place?
(a) Fights in order to get arrested
(b) Begs well off people for help
(c) Breaks into homes
(d) Stays with a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis find out Marija is doing?
2. Who does Jurgis meet in this chapter?
3. In the next election, how does the socialist vote do?
4. What does Jurgis do as Ona is dying?
5. Who does Jurgis ask for another job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jurgis learn about Marija's whereabouts?
2. Why doesn't Ona come to the courtroom during Jurgis' sentencing?
3. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
4. What is the impassioned speech actually talking about in this chapter?
5. What is the first crime Jack Duane and Jurgis commit?
6. Where does Jurgis next get a job at, that turns out to be a good position?
7. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
8. What caused little Antanas' death?
9. Who is the visitor Jurgis gets in jail?
10. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)