|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
2. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
(a) Train conductor
(d) Harvest works
3. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
(a) One of his children
4. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
(a) His son Antanas
5. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speaker explaining in an impassioned speech?
2. Why do people not want Jurgis to go upstairs?
3. Who has complete faith in socialism at the end of the novel?
4. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
5. What does the barkeep insist Jurgis gave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
2. What does Jurgis learn about his family when he asks around?
3. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
4. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
5. When Jurgis gets out of the hospital, what does he do?
6. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
7. Where does Jurgis finally find the job that makes him happy, though he does not hold onto it for long?
8. How is the midwife described to the reader?
9. What caused little Antanas' death?
10. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)