|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis do to sleep in a warm place?
(a) Stays with a friend
(b) Breaks into homes
(c) Begs well off people for help
(d) Fights in order to get arrested
2. What does Jurgis do when there is a strike at his yard?
(a) He organizes the protest
(b) He loses his job
(c) He marches
(d) He still goes to work
3. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
(a) Invites him to dinner
(c) Gives him a coat
(d) Helps him find a job
4. Who is speaking at the nearby political meeting?
(a) A fellow worker
(b) A boss
(c) A comrade
(d) A senator
5. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
(a) A half an hour
(b) 2 hours
(c) 1 hour
(d) 3 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
2. What is the speaker explaining in an impassioned speech?
3. Who is Jurgis directed to talk to?
4. Who owns the business for which Jurgis now works?
5. What does Jurgis decide to do with his newfound wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the speech is over, what does Jurgis do?
2. Why doesn't Ona come to the courtroom during Jurgis' sentencing?
3. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
4. What does Jurgis have complete faith in by the end of the story?
5. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
6. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
7. How does Jurgis response to the news of Antanas' death?
8. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
9. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
10. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)