|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to drink and gamble heavily?
2. What does Ona do before she dies?
(a) Tells Jurgis she loves him
(b) Screams about the injustice of it all
(c) Confesses an affair
(d) Opens her eyes and looks at Jurgis
3. What do Jack and Jurgis do together once they're out of jail?
(a) Join the democratic party
(b) Rob a man in an alley
(c) Head out of town
(d) Get a place together
4. Why does the stranger want Jurgis to listen to the political meeting?
(a) He thinks it's rude if Jurgis sleeps
(b) The stranger is related to the speaker
(c) He says Jurgis might learn something
(d) He will get food in return
5. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
(d) One of his children
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has cut their hand and can not work?
2. What does Jurgis have to do to get money?
3. What is Jurgis filled with once he is done drinking?
4. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
5. Who does Jurgis go to once he gets his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
2. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
3. Where does Jurgis next get a job at, that turns out to be a good position?
4. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
5. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
6. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
7. What does Jurgis learn about his family when he asks around?
8. Who is the visitor Jurgis gets in jail?
9. How is the midwife described to the reader?
10. What does Jurgis have complete faith in by the end of the story?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)