|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Jurgis give Stanislovas to help the family?
(a) A dollar
(b) 10 cents
(c) A nickel
(d) A quarter
2. Who does Jurgis go to once he gets his new job?
3. What is Jurgis' sentence?
(a) A week
(b) Time served
(c) 30 days
(d) 10 days
4. What does Jurgis do after the speech?
(a) Tries to find a job
(b) Beats up the man next to him
(c) Walks up to the speaker
5. Where does Jurgis try to get a job?
(a) The fertilizer mill
(c) The mines
(d) The factory
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jurgis now that he is out of jail again?
2. What does Ona do before she dies?
3. Who has cut their hand and can not work?
4. Why was Jurgis released late from prison?
5. Who owns the business for which Jurgis now works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
2. After the speech is over, what does Jurgis do?
3. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
4. Why doesn't Ona come to the courtroom during Jurgis' sentencing?
5. Why was Jurgis released from prison later than he thought would be?
6. What is the first crime Jack Duane and Jurgis commit?
7. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
8. What caused little Antanas' death?
9. How does Jurgis response to the news of Antanas' death?
10. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)