|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis find out when he walks home from prison?
(a) Ona is dead
(b) The family has been evicted
(c) The family has gone back to their home country
(d) He has another son
2. Where does the person in #164 take Jurgis?
(a) To headquarters
(b) To a restaurant
(c) To another rally
(d) To his home
3. Who does Jurgis meet in this chapter?
(a) A communist protester
(b) A drunk young man
(c) A preacher
4. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
(c) His son Antanas
5. Why is Jurgis in prison?
(a) For making too much noise
(b) For eating up a man
(c) For being in a whorehouse
(d) For stealing
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men all over joining in order to change their lives?
2. Who is Jack Duane?
3. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
4. What do Jack and Jurgis do together once they're out of jail?
5. What does Jurgis do after the speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jurgis learn about Marija's whereabouts?
2. How is the midwife described to the reader?
3. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
4. Who is the visitor Jurgis gets in jail?
5. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
6. Is Jurgis successful in getting the rest of the family converted to socialism?
7. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
8. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
9. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
10. What is the first crime Jack Duane and Jurgis commit?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)