|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term socialists use for each other?
(a) Working man
(c) Hopeful one
2. What job does Jurgis get when he goes to the place in #127?
(a) Working in a mine
(c) A slaughterhouse job
(d) Painting cans
3. What does Jurgis have to do to get money?
(b) Ask his boss for a raise
(c) Sell his things
(d) Work longer hours
4. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
(b) Jack Duane
(c) Mr. Jones
(d) Joe Ranger
5. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(a) Long walks
(c) The weekly newspaper
(d) The political rallies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
2. How did Stanislovas die?
3. What does Jurgis decide to do with his newfound wealth?
4. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
5. How much does Jurgis give Stanislovas to help the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the midwife described to the reader?
2. Why was Jurgis released from prison later than he thought would be?
3. What does Jurgis learn about Marija's whereabouts?
4. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
5. What does Jurgis have complete faith in by the end of the story?
6. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
7. What caused little Antanas' death?
8. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
9. What is the impassioned speech actually talking about in this chapter?
10. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)