|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jurgis try to get a job?
(a) The fertilizer mill
(b) The mines
(d) The factory
2. Where does Jurgis stay for a long time, leaving him alone and penniless at the end?
(a) A gambling hall
(b) A hospital
(c) A boarding house
(d) The streets
3. What does Jurgis do to sleep in a warm place?
(a) Stays with a friend
(b) Fights in order to get arrested
(c) Begs well off people for help
(d) Breaks into homes
4. What does Jurgis do once he is far away from the city?
(a) Becomes a hobo
(b) Finds a new wife
(d) Kills himself
5. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis eventually do that helps him earn good money?
2. What does the barkeep insist Jurgis gave him?
3. Why is Jurgis in prison?
4. What has happened to Ona's baby?
5. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jurgis have complete faith in by the end of the story?
2. What does Jurgis learn about Marija's whereabouts?
3. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
4. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
5. How does Jurgis response to the news of Antanas' death?
6. After the speech is over, what does Jurgis do?
7. What is the impassioned speech actually talking about in this chapter?
8. How is the midwife described to the reader?
9. Jurgis happens upon another political meeting. What is the topic this time?
10. When Jurgis gets out of the hospital, what does he do?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)