|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jurgis turned down for the job in #111?
(a) He is a convict
(b) He has no experience
(c) He is too old
(d) He's been blacklisted
2. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
(a) Harvest works
(d) Train conductor
3. What does Jurgis find out when he walks home from prison?
(a) He has another son
(b) Ona is dead
(c) The family has gone back to their home country
(d) The family has been evicted
4. What happens to cause Jurgis to lose his job?
(a) He gets in a fight
(b) He isn't good enough at his job
(c) He is found to be blacklisted
(d) He gets injured
5. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
(a) Gives him a coat
(c) Invites him to dinner
(d) Helps him find a job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jurgis get a job?
2. During what month of 1904 are people out of work?
3. What do Jack and Jurgis do together once they're out of jail?
4. What does Jurgis do after the speech?
5. Where does Jurgis try to get a job?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)