|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis do when there is a strike at his yard?
(a) He organizes the protest
(b) He marches
(c) He still goes to work
(d) He loses his job
2. Where does Jurgis try to get a job?
(b) The factory
(c) The fertilizer mill
(d) The mines
3. What is Jurgis filled with once he is done drinking?
(a) A sense of obligation
4. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(a) The political rallies
(c) Long walks
(d) The weekly newspaper
5. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
(a) The government
(b) The workmen
(c) The women
(d) The bosses
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jurgis released late from prison?
2. What does Jurgis tell the person in #175 they can now do?
3. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
4. How did Jurgis' son die?
5. Why do people not want Jurgis to go upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
2. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
3. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
4. How is the midwife described to the reader?
5. Overcome with grief after Ona's death, what does Jurgis do to soothe his sorrows?
6. After the speech is over, what does Jurgis do?
7. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
8. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
9. Where does Jurgis finally find the job that makes him happy, though he does not hold onto it for long?
10. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)