|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking at the nearby political meeting?
(a) A senator
(b) A comrade
(c) A boss
(d) A fellow worker
2. What has happened to Ona's baby?
(a) It is perfectly healthy
(b) It will need surgery
(c) It is deformed
(d) It died
3. What does Jurgis try to convert the family to?
(a) Republican thinking
(b) Democratic thinking
4. What does Ona do before she dies?
(a) Tells Jurgis she loves him
(b) Confesses an affair
(c) Opens her eyes and looks at Jurgis
(d) Screams about the injustice of it all
5. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
(a) One of his children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis also become?
2. What does the new friend give Jurgis?
3. What does Marija give as the reason to not leave her job?
4. Who is Jack Duane?
5. What is Jurgis' sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
2. What is the first crime Jack Duane and Jurgis commit?
3. Is Jurgis successful in getting the rest of the family converted to socialism?
4. Why doesn't Ona come to the courtroom during Jurgis' sentencing?
5. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
6. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
7. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
8. What caused little Antanas' death?
9. Who is the visitor Jurgis gets in jail?
10. How is the midwife described to the reader?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)