|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws Jurgis out of the home?
(a) The butler
(b) The owner
(c) The friend
(d) A police officer
2. What is socialism described as in this chapter?
(a) The only way
(b) Common sense
(c) A fit for anyone
3. Who is Jack Duane?
(a) A boss in Chicago
(b) A police officer
(c) A beggar
(d) A white collar criminal
4. What is the family focused on in their life right now?
(c) A new political party
(d) Base survival
5. What does Jurgis also become?
(a) A lawman
(b) A fugitive
(c) A homeowner
(d) A boss
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis find out Marija is doing?
2. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
3. What has happened to Ona's baby?
4. Someone whispers to Jurgis as he falls asleep during another political meeting. What word does the stranger whisper?
5. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
2. Where does Jurgis finally find the job that makes him happy, though he does not hold onto it for long?
3. What caused little Antanas' death?
4. Jurgis happens upon another political meeting. What is the topic this time?
5. Why doesn't Ona come to the courtroom during Jurgis' sentencing?
6. How does Jurgis response to the news of Antanas' death?
7. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
8. What is the senator talking about as Jurgis overhears a political meeting?
9. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
10. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)