|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws Jurgis out of the home?
(a) A police officer
(b) The owner
(c) The butler
(d) The friend
2. Is Jurgis success with the action of #169?
(a) No, but some are curious
(b) Yes, but one does not convert
(c) Yes, all convert
3. What does Jurgis buy with his newfound wealth?
(b) A drink
(c) A coat
(d) A house
4. Who does Jurgis ask for another job?
5. What is socialism described as in this chapter?
(a) The only way
(b) Common sense
(d) A fit for anyone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speaker explaining in an impassioned speech?
2. Why was Jurgis released late from prison?
3. Jurgis believes the world is no place for a _______ to grow up in.
4. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
5. What is the family focused on in their life right now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
2. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
3. What does Jurgis have complete faith in by the end of the story?
4. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
5. Is Jurgis successful in getting the rest of the family converted to socialism?
6. What caused little Antanas' death?
7. Jurgis happens upon another political meeting. What is the topic this time?
8. What is the stroke of luck that Jurgis happens upon?
9. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
10. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)