|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has complete faith in socialism at the end of the novel?
2. How much does Jurgis give Stanislovas to help the family?
(a) A dollar
(b) A quarter
(c) A nickel
(d) 10 cents
3. What happens to cause Jurgis to lose his job?
(a) He isn't good enough at his job
(b) He gets injured
(c) He is found to be blacklisted
(d) He gets in a fight
4. What are men all over joining in order to change their lives?
(a) The socialist party
(b) The unions
(c) The gentlemen's clubs
(d) The Republican party
5. Why do people not want Jurgis to go upstairs?
(a) There is a large mess
(b) Antanas has died
(c) The room has fallen apart
(d) Conner is looking for him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis tell the person in #175 they can now do?
2. What does Jurgis do after the speech?
3. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
4. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
5. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there is a strike at the stockyard where Jurgis is working?
2. How does Jurgis response to the news of Antanas' death?
3. What happens when Jurgis goes back to the fertilizer mill?
4. Why was Jurgis released from prison later than he thought would be?
5. What is the senator talking about as Jurgis overhears a political meeting?
6. Is Jurgis successful in getting the rest of the family converted to socialism?
7. Where does Jurgis finally find the job that makes him happy, though he does not hold onto it for long?
8. What does Jurgis do as soon as he gets his new job?
9. After the family is evicted, where do they go to live?
10. What happens to Jurgis' $100?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)