|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
(d) Mike Scully
2. What is the reason Antanas can not find work?
(a) He isn't a strong man
(b) He complains too often
(c) He is considered to be too old
(d) He can't speak English
3. Where does Jurgis wait instead of going in to meet his boss?
(a) At home
(b) At the bus stop
(c) Outside with the unemployed workers
(d) At the main office
4. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They rent them
(b) They put them on layaway
(c) They don't
(d) They include the cost in their mortgage
5. How long does Jurgis have to be out of work?
(a) He doesn't
(b) A few days
(c) A day
(d) At least a month
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jurgis get his job back in the first place?
2. What is another name for Chicago?
3. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
4. What holiday does Jurgis call 'their' holiday?
5. What happened to the man who was in Jurgis' job before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the drunk young man take Jurgis?
2. What does Jurgis decide to do when he can not find any work?
3. What happens to Jurgis' $100?
4. Why does Jurgis beat up Conner?
5. What is the problem when Jurgis shows up for his first day of work?
6. When Jurgis goes back to Chicago for the summer, where does he find employment?
7. What does Ostrinski tell Jurgis should happen in Chicago?
8. What does Jurgis think about his act of beating up Conner?
9. What is one of the ways the slaughterhouse bosses cheat the men out of money?
10. Jurgis happens upon another political meeting. What is the topic this time?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)