|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the house become infested with?
2. What does Jurgis understand for the first time as part of the union?
(d) Group dynamics
3. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They rent them
(b) They put them on layaway
(c) They don't
(d) They include the cost in their mortgage
4. Who has had to give up her dream of marriage?
5. Who is the leader of the band at the wedding reception?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
2. How old is Ona at her wedding?
3. What is another word for 'consumption'?
4. What happened to the man who was in Jurgis' job before?
5. What does the family find out about their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jurgis begin to do in order to deal with the horrors of his situation?
2. Which character could be described as young, strong, and full of optimism?
3. What does the family learn they must also pay on their home?
4. What does Jurgis think about his act of beating up Conner?
5. Why does Jurgis decline to be in the union at first?
6. Why can't any people pay off the 'new' houses they have bought?
7. Who is Jurgis overcome with worry over?
8. What is the suspected cause of Elzbieta's child's death?
9. Why does Jurgis get his job back at Brown's?
10. What causes Marija to lose her job again?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)