|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(a) Interior designers
(c) The welfare department
(d) The mortgage company
2. Who is in jail at the start of this chapter?
3. Who tries to convince Jurgis Ona is fine?
4. Who died in his sleep, working up until that point without trouble?
5. Who is working at the sausage factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis feel confident the family can buy now that people have found jobs?
2. What does the house become infested with?
3. What is the child's death presumably caused be?
4. How long is their house to be rented for?
5. What is another word for 'consumption'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ona suggest she do in order to marry Jurgis more quickly?
2. What is the problem when Jurgis shows up for his first day of work?
3. What does Jurgis think about his act of beating up Conner?
4. Who is Jurgis overcome with worry over?
5. Why can't Jurgis' father find work?
6. What does Jurgis decide to sign in order to give him more power in his new country?
7. Who does Marija fall in love with?
8. What holiday occurs during the time that Jurgis is in jail?
9. Why is it not a big problem for Jurgis to find work, even though he can't speak English?
10. Why can't any people pay off the 'new' houses they have bought?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)