|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
(a) Murder her
(b) Blacklist her
(c) Fire the entire family
(d) Tell her husband
2. What kinds of cows are killed, which upsets Jurgis as he works?
(a) Defective cows
(b) Sleeping cows
(c) Pregnant cows
(d) Still alive cows
3. Who is pregnant, as we find out in this chapter?
4. What does the answer to #86 realize while they are in jail?
(a) They can't remember what they've done
(b) The jail is better than their house
(c) They are alone
(d) They will lose their job
5. What does Jurgis realize he can never fix?
(a) His life
(b) Conner's attitude
(c) Ona's sense of well being
(d) The world's injustices
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ona give birth to?
2. What are men at the slaughterhouses dying of due to the weather?
3. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
4. Who tries to convince Jurgis Ona is fine?
5. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the sausages the family eats not helping their nutrition?
2. What holiday occurs during the time that Jurgis is in jail?
3. Which character could be described as young, strong, and full of optimism?
4. What begins to happen to Ona in this chapter?
5. Why does Jurgis decline to be in the union at first?
6. Who does Marija fall in love with?
7. What does the family learn they must also pay on their home?
8. After Jonas deserts the family, what does the family have to do in order to bring in more money?
9. What does Jurgis decide to sign in order to give him more power in his new country?
10. What is the suspected cause of Elzbieta's child's death?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)