|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #86 realize while they are in jail?
(a) They are alone
(b) They will lose their job
(c) They can't remember what they've done
(d) The jail is better than their house
2. Who wanted the wedding to be lavish?
3. What does the house become infested with?
4. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
5. What is used in the sausages at the factory?
(a) Spoiled hams
(c) Potato flour
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the family been in Packingtown at this point?
2. What does the family find out about their home?
3. What does Jurgis realize he can never fix?
4. What does Jurgis become a part of in response to the action in #40?
5. What does Ona suddenly suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem when Jurgis shows up for his first day of work?
2. Why is it not a big problem for Jurgis to find work, even though he can't speak English?
3. What does the family learn they must also pay on their home?
4. Why does Jurgis decline to be in the union at first?
5. What does Jurgis begin to do in order to deal with the horrors of his situation?
6. How do Ona and Jurgis furnish their 'new' home?
7. Why are the sausages the family eats not helping their nutrition?
8. What does Elzbieta's factory do?
9. Which character could be described as young, strong, and full of optimism?
10. What does Jurgis decide to sign in order to give him more power in his new country?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)