|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person in #164 take Jurgis?
(a) To headquarters
(b) To his home
(c) To a restaurant
(d) To another rally
2. Where does Jurgis get a job?
(a) A mine
(b) A bank
(c) A hotel
(d) A packing yard
3. Is Jurgis success with the action of #169?
(a) Yes, all convert
(b) No, but some are curious
(c) Yes, but one does not convert
4. How did Jurgis' son die?
(a) An infected cut
(b) An accident at work
(c) Fell off a sidewalk and drowned
(d) Eating a bad sausage
5. What does Jurgis tell the person in #175 they can now do?
(a) Go to hell
(b) Live with him
(c) Quit their job
(d) Be partners again
6. What is Jurgis now that he is out of jail again?
(a) A prominent boss
(b) A mine worker
(c) A hobo
(d) A deranged man
7. What is the name of the boarding house where the family first stayed and returns to?
8. Who does Jurgis ask for another job?
9. What has happened to Ona's baby?
(a) It will need surgery
(b) It is deformed
(c) It is perfectly healthy
(d) It died
10. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(b) Long walks
(c) The political rallies
(d) The weekly newspaper
11. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
(a) The workmen
(b) The bosses
(c) The women
(d) The government
12. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
13. What does Jurgis do with the money the children bring home?
(a) Buys a prostitute
(b) Tells them to save it
(d) Buys whiskey
14. What is the term socialists use for each other?
(a) Working man
(b) Hopeful one
15. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speaker explaining in an impassioned speech?
2. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
3. Who does Jurgis find to help with Ona's pregnancy?
4. What does Jurgis eventually do that helps him earn good money?
5. Why is Jurgis turned down for the job in #111?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)