|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Ona's baby?
(a) It is deformed
(b) It will need surgery
(c) It died
(d) It is perfectly healthy
2. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
(a) Joe Ranger
(b) Jack Duane
(d) Mr. Jones
3. What does the barkeep insist Jurgis gave him?
(a) A ten dollar bill
(b) A five dollar bill
(c) A fake bill
(d) A dollar
4. What does Jurgis do with the money the children bring home?
(a) Tells them to save it
(b) Buys a prostitute
(d) Buys whiskey
5. Who does Jurgis go to once he gets his new job?
6. How much money does Jurgis have in the bank at this time?
7. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
8. Why does the stranger want Jurgis to listen to the political meeting?
(a) He will get food in return
(b) He says Jurgis might learn something
(c) The stranger is related to the speaker
(d) He thinks it's rude if Jurgis sleeps
9. What is the name of the boarding house where the family first stayed and returns to?
10. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(a) Long walks
(b) The weekly newspaper
(d) The political rallies
11. What is the term socialists use for each other?
(a) Working man
(b) Hopeful one
12. What is Jurgis filled with once he is done drinking?
(c) A sense of obligation
13. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
14. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
(a) Helps him find a job
(b) Gives him a coat
(d) Invites him to dinner
15. What do Jack and Jurgis do together once they're out of jail?
(a) Get a place together
(b) Join the democratic party
(c) Rob a man in an alley
(d) Head out of town
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jurgis now that he is out of jail again?
2. Who begins to drink and gamble heavily?
3. What does Jurgis also become?
4. How did Stanislovas die?
5. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)