|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
(b) Train conductor
(c) Harvest works
2. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
3. How much further does Jurgis have to walk to get to the boarding house?
(a) 5 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 1 mile
4. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
(a) The workmen
(b) The government
(c) The women
(d) The bosses
5. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
(a) Beating up the new friend
(b) The injustices
(c) Murdering the owner
(d) Stealing something
6. What does Marija give as the reason to not leave her job?
(a) She likes what she does
(b) She has debts to pay off
(c) It's all she knows
(d) She's good at what she does
7. Where do the children get food?
(a) From begging
(b) They don't
(c) From Jurgis
(d) The dump
8. What does Jurgis do once he is far away from the city?
(b) Finds a new wife
(c) Becomes a hobo
(d) Kills himself
9. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
(b) Joe Ranger
(c) Jack Duane
(d) Mr. Jones
10. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
(d) His son Antanas
11. Who does Jurgis go to once he gets his new job?
12. What is the man at the political meeting speaking of?
13. What happens to cause Jurgis to lose his job?
(a) He isn't good enough at his job
(b) He gets in a fight
(c) He gets injured
(d) He is found to be blacklisted
14. Where does Jurgis eventually get a job, only to lose it once he finds out who Jurgis is?
(a) A bank
(b) A grocery store
(c) A packing yard
(d) The fertilizer mill
15. What does Jurgis eventually do that helps him earn good money?
(a) Helps with the harvest
(b) Starts a union of his own
(c) Cons other men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack Duane?
2. Why does the stranger want Jurgis to listen to the political meeting?
3. What does Jurgis also become?
4. Is Jurgis success with the action of #169?
5. What does Jurgis do when there is a strike at his yard?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)