|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children get food?
(a) From begging
(b) The dump
(c) From Jurgis
(d) They don't
2. Who does Jurgis go to once he gets his new job?
3. Is Jurgis success with the action of #169?
(a) Yes, but one does not convert
(b) No, but some are curious
(c) Yes, all convert
4. Why is Jurgis in prison?
(a) For eating up a man
(b) For making too much noise
(c) For being in a whorehouse
(d) For stealing
5. Where does Jurgis get a job?
(a) A packing yard
(b) A mine
(c) A bank
(d) A hotel
6. Who is a lousy beggar?
7. The answer to #166 are the _______ for the success of Packington.
8. Where does Jurgis decide to begin volunteering?
(a) A boarding house
(b) A Democratic building
(c) The health inspection department
(d) A Republican committe
9. Jurgis believes the world is no place for a _______ to grow up in.
10. Whose house do the new friend and Jurgis go to?
(a) Conner's house
(d) Mr. Jones' house
11. What is the family focused on in their life right now?
(a) A new political party
(c) Base survival
12. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
(a) A half an hour
(b) 3 hours
(c) 1 hour
(d) 2 hours
13. What does the barkeep insist Jurgis gave him?
(a) A ten dollar bill
(b) A five dollar bill
(c) A fake bill
(d) A dollar
14. What does Jurgis buy with his newfound wealth?
(a) A coat
(b) A house
(c) A drink
15. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
(a) Invites him to dinner
(b) Helps him find a job
(d) Gives him a coat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jurgis ask for another job?
2. What is the speaker explaining in an impassioned speech?
3. Why does the stranger want Jurgis to listen to the political meeting?
4. Why is Jurgis turned down for the job in #111?
5. What does Jurgis have to do to get money?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)