|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis try to convert the family to?
(c) Republican thinking
(d) Democratic thinking
2. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
3. Who helps Jurgis find a job?
4. Who is Jurgis directed to talk to?
5. Why is Jurgis in prison?
(a) For eating up a man
(b) For making too much noise
(c) For being in a whorehouse
(d) For stealing
6. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 2 hours
(c) 1 hour
(d) A half an hour
7. What is Jurgis' sentence?
(a) Time served
(b) A week
(c) 10 days
(d) 30 days
8. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
(b) One of his children
9. How much further does Jurgis have to walk to get to the boarding house?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 2 miles
(d) 1 mile
10. What does Ona do before she dies?
(a) Opens her eyes and looks at Jurgis
(b) Tells Jurgis she loves him
(c) Screams about the injustice of it all
(d) Confesses an affair
11. What does Jurgis also become?
(a) A lawman
(b) A fugitive
(c) A homeowner
(d) A boss
12. Why is Ona's pregnancy in trouble?
(a) The baby is not breathing
(b) The baby is breech
(c) Ona is unconscious
(d) The baby is early
13. Who is Jack Duane?
(a) A white collar criminal
(b) A police officer
(c) A boss in Chicago
(d) A beggar
14. What do Jack and Jurgis do together once they're out of jail?
(a) Join the democratic party
(b) Get a place together
(c) Rob a man in an alley
(d) Head out of town
15. What is Jurgis now that he is out of jail again?
(a) A prominent boss
(b) A hobo
(c) A deranged man
(d) A mine worker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barkeep insist Jurgis gave him?
2. What has happened to Ona's baby?
3. Who has cut their hand and can not work?
4. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
5. What is socialism described as in this chapter?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)