|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
(a) Stealing something
(b) Murdering the owner
(c) The injustices
(d) Beating up the new friend
2. Who owns the business for which Jurgis now works?
(a) A socialist
(c) His drunken friend
3. What does Jurgis decide to do with his newfound wealth?
(b) Give it to Marija
(c) Break it into smaller bills
(d) Give it away to a beggar
4. Why is Ona's pregnancy in trouble?
(a) Ona is unconscious
(b) The baby is breech
(c) The baby is not breathing
(d) The baby is early
5. What is the family focused on in their life right now?
(a) Base survival
(b) A new political party
6. How did Stanislovas die?
(a) Being eaten by rats
(d) Food poisoning
7. What is Jurgis filled with once he is done drinking?
(d) A sense of obligation
8. What job does Jurgis find with the help of friend he made in the union?
(a) Train conductor
(c) Harvest works
9. Besides his son, what does Jurgis enjoy in his life now?
(a) The political rallies
(c) Long walks
(d) The weekly newspaper
10. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
11. How did Jurgis' son die?
(a) Fell off a sidewalk and drowned
(b) Eating a bad sausage
(c) An infected cut
(d) An accident at work
12. Who is Jurgis' cellmate this time?
(a) Jack Duane
(c) Joe Ranger
(d) Mr. Jones
13. How far away is Jurgis' new job?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 3 hours
(c) 1 hour
(d) A half an hour
14. Where does Jurgis stay for a long time, leaving him alone and penniless at the end?
(a) A hospital
(b) A gambling hall
(c) A boarding house
(d) The streets
15. Who is speaking at the nearby political meeting?
(a) A comrade
(b) A senator
(c) A boss
(d) A fellow worker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis do to sleep in a warm place?
2. Who throws Jurgis out of the home?
3. Who is Jurgis directed to talk to?
4. Why is Jurgis turned down for the job in #111?
5. What does Jurgis tell the person in #175 they can now do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)