|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has gone downtown with the rest of Jurgis' family?
2. Where does Jurgis decide to begin volunteering?
(a) A Republican committe
(b) A boarding house
(c) A Democratic building
(d) The health inspection department
3. Who has complete faith in socialism at the end of the novel?
4. Who does Jurgis decide he must live for?
(b) His son Antanas
5. What does Jurgis tell the person in #175 they can now do?
(a) Live with him
(b) Go to hell
(c) Quit their job
(d) Be partners again
6. Who is speaking at the nearby political meeting?
(a) A boss
(b) A fellow worker
(c) A comrade
(d) A senator
7. What does Jurgis decide to do with his newfound wealth?
(b) Give it away to a beggar
(c) Break it into smaller bills
(d) Give it to Marija
8. When Jurgis is at his court date, who does not come to see him?
(b) One of his children
9. Where does Jurgis eventually get a job, only to lose it once he finds out who Jurgis is?
(a) A packing yard
(b) The fertilizer mill
(c) A grocery store
(d) A bank
10. Where does Jurgis try to get a job?
(a) The fertilizer mill
(b) The factory
(d) The mines
11. Jurgis believes the world is no place for a _______ to grow up in.
12. Where does Jurgis go after being in the country?
13. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
(a) Stealing something
(b) The injustices
(c) Murdering the owner
(d) Beating up the new friend
14. Who is a lousy beggar?
15. Who begins to drink and gamble heavily?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jurgis ask for another job?
2. What has happened to Ona's baby?
3. Who does this person think Packingtown should be in the hands of?
4. What does Jurgis do when there is a strike at his yard?
5. Who has cut their hand and can not work?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)