|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
(a) Learn English
(b) Go to the library
(c) Join a political party
(d) Leave the slaughterhouse
2. Who deserts the family and is never heard from again?
3. What is Marija's new job?
(a) Beef trimmer
(b) Painting cans
(d) Sewing buttons
4. What does Ona suddenly suffer from?
(a) Night terrors
(c) Panic attacks
5. Who has a child that dies immediately at the start of this chapter?
6. What does Jurgis hope for Stanislovas to do?
(a) Help more around the house
(b) Find a girl
(c) Get a job
(d) Go to school
7. What is another fee the family learns they need to pay on their home?
(c) A warranty
(d) Buyer's penalty
8. What causes Ona and Jurgis to be upset after the wedding?
(a) They had to go to work
(b) They had second thoughts
(c) They were't going on a honeymoon
(d) The debt they accrued
9. Who finds Jurgis his first job?
(b) The delicatessen owner
10. Who wanted the wedding to be lavish?
11. Who is also going to have to go to work, besides Ona?
12. What barrier does not stand in the way of Jurgis getting a job?
(a) His inexperience
(b) The ethnic barrier
(c) The language barrier
(d) His looks
13. What does Jurgis do to escape the horrors of his life?
(c) Lives by himself
(d) Go to the whorehouse
14. Where does Jurgis go to look for work?
(a) The factories
(b) The farms
(c) The train station
(d) The stockyards
15. Who made the person in #81 turn to prostitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the violin player?
2. Who does Ona want to marry?
3. Who died in his sleep, working up until that point without trouble?
4. Why does Jurgis think the system of meatpacking is so efficient?
5. What does the answer to #86 realize while they are in jail?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)