|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
(a) Fire the entire family
(b) Blacklist her
(c) Tell her husband
(d) Murder her
2. Everything was used of the pig except the _________.
(d) Diseased parts
3. Why does Jurgis sell his vote?
(a) To upset the system
(b) To get money to drink
(c) To feed his family
(d) To buy his house
4. Who gets their job back, only to lose it again for speaking up for their rights?
5. What is the child's death presumably caused be?
(b) An injury
6. Who is advertising hot meals that ends up causing Jurgis to eventually drink?
(c) The slaughterhouse
(d) Jack Duane
7. What are men at the slaughterhouses dying of due to the weather?
8. Who made the person in #81 turn to prostitution?
9. Who has a child that dies immediately at the start of this chapter?
10. What is another word for 'consumption'?
11. Who has been pressured into prostituting herself?
(d) Their neighbor
12. What barrier does not stand in the way of Jurgis getting a job?
(a) The language barrier
(b) His looks
(c) His inexperience
(d) The ethnic barrier
13. How long is their house to be rented for?
(a) 9 years
(b) 6 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 15 years
14. Why weren't meats smoked?
(a) It was too time consuming
(b) They didn't have the tools
(c) It was too expensive
(d) It never tasted right
15. What does the family find out about their home?
(a) It's going to be demolished
(b) It's been sold to someone else too
(c) It's not insulated
(d) It's not new
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in jail at the start of this chapter?
2. Who is working at the sausage factory?
3. Why does Jurgis get his job back in the first place?
4. How old is Ona at her wedding?
5. Who died in his sleep, working up until that point without trouble?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)