|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
(a) Assembly line work
2. How old is Ona at her wedding?
3. Who gets a horrible case of frostbite?
4. Who does Ona want to marry?
5. Where is the wedding reception being held?
(a) Russia dining hall
(b) At the church
(d) Chicago stockyards
6. What is the name of the collective group of businesses in Chicago?
(a) The Beef Trust
(b) Cow Palace
(c) Packing Central
(d) The Beef Headquarters
7. Where is the most diseased meat sent?
(a) To the workers
(b) To the dump
(c) To the sausage factory
(d) To the pickle rooms
8. What is/are the name(s) of Ona's child(ren)?
(b) Antanas, Onata, and Jonas
(c) Antanas and Onata
9. Who wanted the wedding to be lavish?
10. What freezes solid in the killing rooms because there is no heat in the slaughterhouse?
11. Who tries to convince Jurgis Ona is fine?
12. What happens to Marija's wages?
(a) They include bonuses
(b) They are cut in half
(c) They are garnished
(d) They are doubled
13. Why does Ona want to get a job?
(a) So she can have more children
(b) So they can get married
(c) So she can pay off their house
(d) So she can buy things
14. Who is the character in charge of the wedding?
15. Who is in jail at the start of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the boy Stanislovas with the broken off ears?
2. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
3. What is Marija's job?
4. Who is the violin player?
5. What kind of job do the kids get?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)