|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ona do before she dies?
(a) Screams about the injustice of it all
(b) Tells Jurgis she loves him
(c) Opens her eyes and looks at Jurgis
(d) Confesses an affair
2. Who does Jurgis find to help with Ona's pregnancy?
(a) A doctor
(b) No one
(c) A midwife
(d) A woman with many children
3. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
(b) Mike Scully
4. Who has a child that dies immediately at the start of this chapter?
5. What makes the family realize they will need to make more money?
(a) Ona becomes pregnant
(b) A family member dies
(c) Jurgis loses his job
(d) Their house's mortgage is also charged interest
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ona want to get a job?
2. Why does Jurgis sell his vote?
3. Where does the family of this novel originate from?
4. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
5. Where does Jurgis get his next job?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)