|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
(a) Murder her
(b) Fire the entire family
(c) Blacklist her
(d) Tell her husband
2. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
3. How much further does Jurgis have to walk to get to the boarding house?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 1 mile
(d) 5 miles
4. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(a) The mortgage company
(b) The welfare department
(d) Interior designers
5. What does Jurgis do with the money the children bring home?
(a) Buys whiskey
(c) Buys a prostitute
(d) Tells them to save it
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men at the slaughterhouses dying of due to the weather?
2. What is/are the name(s) of Ona's child(ren)?
3. Why do people not want Jurgis to go upstairs?
4. How much does Jurgis give Stanislovas to help the family?
5. Who does Ona want to marry?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)