|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(a) The welfare department
(b) The mortgage company
(d) Interior designers
2. What causes Jurgis and the rest of the family to become violently ill?
(a) The brine in the pickling room
(b) The food they got from a friend
(c) The fumes of the fertilizer
(d) The pollution
3. What does Jurgis do to the answer to #82?
(a) He ignores him
(b) He kills him
(c) He talks with him
(d) He beats him up
4. Everything was used of the pig except the _________.
(b) Diseased parts
5. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
(a) Join a political party
(b) Go to the library
(c) Learn English
(d) Leave the slaughterhouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people not want Jurgis to go upstairs?
2. Who has been pressured into prostituting herself?
3. Who falls in love with the violin player?
4. Why was Jurgis released late from prison?
5. Who has a child that dies immediately at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)