|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ignores the carcasses that pass by unchecked on the conveyor belt?
(a) The government inspector
(d) The women
2. Where does the family of this novel originate from?
(a) The United States
3. What is another word for 'consumption'?
4. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
(c) Mike Scully
5. What kinds of cows are killed, which upsets Jurgis as he works?
(a) Pregnant cows
(b) Sleeping cows
(c) Still alive cows
(d) Defective cows
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is advertising hot meals that ends up causing Jurgis to eventually drink?
2. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
3. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
4. What does Jurgis feel confident the family can buy now that people have found jobs?
5. What is/are the name(s) of Ona's child(ren)?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)