|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is their house to be rented for?
(a) 3 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 9 years
(d) 6 years
2. Who is advertising hot meals that ends up causing Jurgis to eventually drink?
(a) Jack Duane
(c) The slaughterhouse
3. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(a) The welfare department
(b) The mortgage company
(c) Interior designers
4. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
(c) Assembly line work
5. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also going to have to go to work, besides Ona?
2. Where does Jurgis go to look for work?
3. What makes the family realize they will need to make more money?
4. What does the family find out about their home?
5. What kinds of cows are killed, which upsets Jurgis as he works?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)