|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family of this novel originate from?
(a) The United States
2. What does Jurgis hope for Stanislovas to do?
(a) Help more around the house
(b) Find a girl
(c) Get a job
(d) Go to school
3. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They put them on layaway
(b) They include the cost in their mortgage
(c) They don't
(d) They rent them
4. What does Jurgis feel confident the family can buy now that people have found jobs?
(a) A house
(b) A chair
(c) A new couch
(d) A car
5. What happens to the unborn calves of the slaughtered cows?
(a) They are sold
(b) They are taken away
(c) They are raised into adulthood
(d) They are killed too
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
2. Who is the violin player?
3. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
4. How long is their house to be rented for?
5. Who is also going to have to go to work, besides Ona?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)