|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for 'consumption'?
2. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(a) The welfare department
(c) Interior designers
(d) The mortgage company
3. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They include the cost in their mortgage
(b) They put them on layaway
(c) They rent them
(d) They don't
4. How old is Ona at her wedding?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ona want to marry?
2. Where does Jurgis go to look for work?
3. Where is the wedding reception being held?
4. What is the reason Antanas can not find work?
5. What does Jurgis feel confident the family can buy now that people have found jobs?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)