|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(b) Interior designers
(c) The welfare department
(d) The mortgage company
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. What does Jurgis feel confident the family can buy now that people have found jobs?
(a) A new couch
(b) A car
(c) A house
(d) A chair
4. What does the family find out about their home?
(a) It's not new
(b) It's going to be demolished
(c) It's not insulated
(d) It's been sold to someone else too
5. What happens to the unborn calves of the slaughtered cows?
(a) They are raised into adulthood
(b) They are killed too
(c) They are sold
(d) They are taken away
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ignores the carcasses that pass by unchecked on the conveyor belt?
2. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
3. Where does the family of this novel originate from?
4. What does Jurgis hope for Stanislovas to do?
5. What happened to the man who was in Jurgis' job before?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)