|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to drink and gamble heavily?
2. What does Jurgis realize he can never fix?
(a) Ona's sense of well being
(b) His life
(c) Conner's attitude
(d) The world's injustices
3. What does Jurgis do to sleep in a warm place?
(a) Begs well off people for help
(b) Breaks into homes
(c) Stays with a friend
(d) Fights in order to get arrested
4. What does Jurgis also become?
(a) A boss
(b) A homeowner
(c) A lawman
(d) A fugitive
5. Where does Jurgis eventually get a job, only to lose it once he finds out who Jurgis is?
(a) A grocery store
(b) The fertilizer mill
(c) A packing yard
(d) A bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
2. Where do the children get food?
3. Who tries to convince Jurgis Ona is fine?
4. What does Ona give birth to?
5. Who has had to give up her dream of marriage?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)