|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the family realize they will need to make more money?
(a) Jurgis loses his job
(b) A family member dies
(c) Ona becomes pregnant
(d) Their house's mortgage is also charged interest
2. What is another fee the family learns they need to pay on their home?
(a) A warranty
(c) Buyer's penalty
3. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
(b) Assembly line work
4. What does Jurgis become a part of in response to the action in #40?
(a) A gang
(b) A socialist group
(c) A protest group
(d) A union
5. What 'helps' Ona and Jurgis furnish their home?
(b) The welfare department
(c) The mortgage company
(d) Interior designers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ignores the carcasses that pass by unchecked on the conveyor belt?
2. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
3. What is another word for 'consumption'?
4. Who does Ona want to marry?
5. What are men at the slaughterhouses dying of due to the weather?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)