|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the family realize they will need to make more money?
(a) A family member dies
(b) Ona becomes pregnant
(c) Jurgis loses his job
(d) Their house's mortgage is also charged interest
2. Where does Jurgis go to look for work?
(a) The stockyards
(b) The farms
(c) The train station
(d) The factories
3. What is/are the name(s) of Ona's child(ren)?
(b) Antanas, Onata, and Jonas
(d) Antanas and Onata
4. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They include the cost in their mortgage
(b) They don't
(c) They rent them
(d) They put them on layaway
5. What does Jurgis become a part of in response to the action in #40?
(a) A socialist group
(b) A protest group
(c) A union
(d) A gang
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets their job back, only to lose it again for speaking up for their rights?
2. Whose factory is suddenly shut down, leaving this character without work?
3. What is another fee the family learns they need to pay on their home?
4. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
5. The bosses at the slaughterhouses cheat the men by ________ their hours of work.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)