|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ona and Jurgis pay for the furnishings they acquire?
(a) They rent them
(b) They put them on layaway
(c) They include the cost in their mortgage
(d) They don't
2. Who falls in love with the violin player?
3. What is the name of the boarding house where the family first stayed and returns to?
4. What happens to the unborn calves of the slaughtered cows?
(a) They are taken away
(b) They are raised into adulthood
(c) They are killed too
(d) They are sold
5. What does Jurgis become a part of in response to the action in #40?
(a) A protest group
(b) A socialist group
(c) A gang
(d) A union
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the collective group of businesses in Chicago?
2. Who has been pressured into prostituting herself?
3. What does Jurgis find out when he walks home from prison?
4. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
5. What kinds of cows are killed, which upsets Jurgis as he works?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)