|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis think works against the American ideal of individuality?
(a) Assembly line work
2. What does Jurgis do to the answer to #82?
(a) He kills him
(b) He talks with him
(c) He beats him up
(d) He ignores him
3. What happens to the unborn calves of the slaughtered cows?
(a) They are raised into adulthood
(b) They are taken away
(c) They are killed too
(d) They are sold
4. What does the person in #83 threaten to do if the character does not agree to prostitute herself?
(a) Tell her husband
(b) Blacklist her
(c) Fire the entire family
(d) Murder her
5. Who has been pressured into prostituting herself?
(c) Their neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls in love with the violin player?
2. Who tries to convince Jurgis Ona is fine?
3. What does Jurgis find out when he walks home from prison?
4. What happened to the man who was in Jurgis' job before?
5. What kinds of cows are killed, which upsets Jurgis as he works?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)