|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house do the new friend and Jurgis go to?
(b) Mr. Jones' house
(c) Conner's house
2. Who does Jurgis meet in this chapter?
(a) A communist protester
(b) A preacher
(c) A drunk young man
3. What is another name for Chicago?
(a) Depression Central
(b) Dirty Town
(d) Slaughter City
4. What does Jurgis realize he can never fix?
(a) Conner's attitude
(b) Ona's sense of well being
(c) His life
(d) The world's injustices
5. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
(a) Learn English
(b) Join a political party
(c) Go to the library
(d) Leave the slaughterhouse
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does Jurgis call 'their' holiday?
2. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
3. What does Jurgis understand for the first time as part of the union?
4. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
5. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)