|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
(a) Murdering the owner
(b) The injustices
(c) Beating up the new friend
(d) Stealing something
2. Who is in jail at the start of this chapter?
3. Who does Jurgis meet in this chapter?
(a) A preacher
(c) A communist protester
(d) A drunk young man
4. What does the answer to #86 realize while they are in jail?
(a) They are alone
(b) They will lose their job
(c) They can't remember what they've done
(d) The jail is better than their house
5. How long has the family been in Packingtown at this point?
(a) A decade
(b) 1 year
(c) 2 and a half years
(d) 5 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Chicago?
2. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
3. Where is the most diseased meat sent?
4. What does the new friend do for Jurgis?
5. What holiday does Jurgis call 'their' holiday?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)