|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
(a) Go to the library
(b) Join a political party
(c) Learn English
(d) Leave the slaughterhouse
2. Whose house do the new friend and Jurgis go to?
(c) Mr. Jones' house
(d) Conner's house
3. What is another name for Chicago?
(a) Dirty Town
(b) Slaughter City
(c) Depression Central
4. How long has the family been in Packingtown at this point?
(a) 5 years
(b) A decade
(c) 2 and a half years
(d) 1 year
5. What does the new friend give Jurgis?
(a) A bottle of milk
(c) A blanket
(d) A plate of leftovers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in his sleep, working up until that point without trouble?
2. Who is in jail at the start of this chapter?
3. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
4. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
5. What does the answer to #86 realize while they are in jail?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)