|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the family been in Packingtown at this point?
(a) A decade
(b) 5 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 and a half years
2. What does Jurgis realize he can never fix?
(a) Ona's sense of well being
(b) His life
(c) The world's injustices
(d) Conner's attitude
3. Who does Jurgis meet in this chapter?
(a) A preacher
(c) A drunk young man
(d) A communist protester
4. What does the new friend give Jurgis?
(b) A plate of leftovers
(c) A blanket
(d) A bottle of milk
5. What does Jurgis decide to do in order to help himself and his understanding?
(a) Learn English
(b) Leave the slaughterhouse
(c) Go to the library
(d) Join a political party
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Chicago?
2. Where is the most diseased meat sent?
3. Who is the leader of the Democratic party?
4. What does Jurgis consider as he is in the mansion?
5. Who throws Jurgis out of the home?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)