|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is one of the last ships to be sent home from the war in Chapter 10?
(a) The Bellona.
(b) The Naiad.
(c) The Monmouth.
(d) The Zealous.
2. The Bellona returns to the bay when in Chapter 6?
(a) At dawn.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) Around dinnertime.
(d) At noon.
3. Where does Diana find a house for Sophie's mother to live in Chapter 8?
4. Jack receives a letter from Sophie saying that she has proof of his infidelity with whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Amanda Smith.
(b) Brigid Maturin.
(c) Clarissa Oakes.
(d) Lord Stranraer.
5. Who is the captain of the Ramillies?
6. Sophie expresses in her letter in Chapter 6 that she plans on moving where with the children?
(a) Fernbridge house.
(c) Ashgrove house.
(d) Maturin Farms.
7. Where had Stephen Maturin gone to speak to a superior in Chapter 7?
8. Who is Jack's half-brother?
(a) Captain Griffiths.
(b) Mr. Harding.
(c) Lord Stranraer.
(d) Philip Aubrey.
9. Jack and the men listen to a performance of a cello, viola and what in Chapter 5?
10. What refers to a single-masted sailing vessel, very similar to a sloop but having its mast set somewhat farther astern, about two-fifths of the way aft measured on the water line?
(a) A frigate.
(b) A dingy.
(c) A cutter.
(d) A catamaran.
11. Who does Jack discuss the blockade and the military situation with in Chapter 8?
12. Diana informs Stephen of how the letters from whom were found in Chapter 8?
(a) Aunt Williams.
(b) Sophie Aubrey.
(c) Amanda Smith.
(d) Brigid Maturin.
13. From whom does Aubrey learn the Ringle had gone to the Downs in Chapter 7?
(a) Captain Fanshawe.
(b) Captain Griffiths.
(c) Captain Calvert.
(d) Captain Reade.
14. Jack and Stephen are staying where in London in Chapter 10?
(a) The Grapes.
(c) Grape Manor.
(d) Grape's Estates.
15. Jack tells Stephen that his financial picture is what in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen discuss medical techniques with over wine in Chapter 8?
2. Capturing the burglar was an intelligence coup for whom in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Admiral Stranraer's secretary?
4. What does Stephen give to Jack while they're talking over dinner in Chapter 8?
5. Who joins Stephen and Jack for breakfast in the great hall at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)