|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Stephen and Jack for breakfast in the great hall at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Harding.
(b) Diana Maturin.
(c) Inigo Bernard.
(d) Sir Joseph Blaine.
2. Jack Aubrey has orders in Chapter 6 to report to the command where he will be assigned to an offshore squadron where?
3. Where does Diana find a house for Sophie's mother to live in Chapter 8?
4. After the ship reaches land in Chapter 10, Stephen and Jack travel how?
(a) By horse.
(b) On foot.
(c) By chaise.
(d) By camel.
5. What refers to a fast naval vessel of the late 18th and early 19th centuries, generally having a lofty ship rig and heavily armed on one or two decks?
(a) A frigate.
(b) A speedboat.
(c) A cutter.
(d) A dingy.
6. What does the talk over dinner between Stephen and Jack center on in Chapter 9?
(a) Past battles.
(b) The economy.
(d) The sea.
7. What ship does the Bellona meet with at daybreak in Chapter 9?
(a) The Monmouth.
(b) The Dryad.
(c) The Ringle.
(d) The Doris.
8. The Bellona returns to the bay when in Chapter 6?
(a) At dawn.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) At noon.
(d) Around dinnertime.
9. The Bellona is in the waters near what in the second half of Chapter 5?
10. An aide reminds Jack of what he has to write after the battle in Chapter 5?
(a) A eulogy.
(b) A report.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An apology.
11. What midshipman dies from a fall from the yards in Chapter 5?
12. What wealthy Catalan merchant do Jack and Stephen discuss in Chapter 5?
(c) Inigo Bernard.
(d) Mr Miller.
13. Jack and Stephen are staying where in London in Chapter 10?
(a) The Grapes.
(c) Grape Manor.
(d) Grape's Estates.
14. What ship is low on food and asks for supplies in Chapter 8?
(a) The Dover.
(b) The Queen Charlotte.
(c) The Bellona.
(d) The Ramillies.
15. In Chapter 7, after the repairs, the Bellona heads where?
(a) To the harbor.
(b) Around the cape.
(c) The offshore squadron.
(d) To report to the queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship has been damaged enough that it must go to Cawsand Bay for repairs in Chapter 9?
2. Stephen and Jack discuss the war's end and how there will be what in the navy in Chapter 8?
3. What ship for their group does the crew of the Bellona spot approaching in Chapter 6?
4. Under whom will Jack resume patrolling at the inshore squadron in Chapter 7?
5. Stephen performs an operation on whom in Chapter 9?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)