|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack and the men listen to a performance of a cello, viola and what in Chapter 5?
2. Stephen and Jack discuss the war's end and how there will be what in the navy in Chapter 8?
3. Where will Jack be stationed surveying and charting the coasts on his new ship in Chapter 10?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
4. Capturing the burglar was an intelligence coup for whom in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Geoghegan.
(b) Lord Stranraer.
(c) Sir Blaine.
(d) Captain Griffiths.
5. Don Diego's father is a what?
(c) First mate.
6. In Chapter 6, Jack discovers that the two French frigates sailed from Brest and are attacking what?
(a) Viking warships.
(b) French merchant ships.
(c) British merchant ships.
(d) Russian navy vessels.
7. In Chapter 7, Stephen tells Sir Joseph Blaine about the ________________ he met in France?
(b) South Africans.
(c) North Americans.
(d) South Americans.
8. In Chapter 5, Jack feels he will be able to follow his plan of sailing in the harbor when?
(a) When the rain stops.
(b) In the day.
(c) In the fall.
(d) When the wind calms.
9. Who is the captain of the Ramillies?
10. What does Stephen give to Jack while they're talking over dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) A letter from Sophie.
(b) A book.
(c) A bottle of scotch.
11. What club in London do the men of Aubrey's ship first arrive in Chapter 10?
12. In Chapter 10, there will be an interview before the committee and Jack will be what, according to Blaine's plan?
(a) Promoted in rank.
(b) Suspended from the navy.
(c) Dishonorably discharged.
(d) Awarded a medal.
13. What continues during Christmas in Chapter 9?
(a) Stormy weather.
(b) Ship problems.
(c) Weapon failures.
(d) The blockade.
14. Who does Stephen discuss medical techniques with over wine in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Sherman.
(b) Padeen Colman.
(c) Admiral Stranraer.
(d) Captain William Fanshawe.
15. What does the Christmas meal consist of among Jack Aubrey and friends in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephen Maturin's two goddaughters are children he saved where?
2. Who does Stephen believe may have a heart problem in Chapter 8?
3. The Bellona is in the waters near what in the second half of Chapter 5?
4. Where in the London club do the men of Aubrey's ship go to learn of the news during their absence in Chapter 10?
5. What is the schoolmaster on the ship teaching to the younger crew members to help them determine their position on the sea?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)