|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who abdicates as a result of the war in Chapter 10?
2. What sound do Jack and Stephen overhear during dinner on deck in Chapter 9?
(b) Musical instruments.
(d) Women singing.
3. After the ship reaches land in Chapter 10, Stephen and Jack travel how?
(a) On foot.
(b) By horse.
(c) By chaise.
(d) By camel.
4. What is the name of the private ship Jack is given command of in Chapter 10?
(a) The Endevor.
(b) The Lucky One.
(c) The Faithful.
(d) The Surprise.
5. What does Diana refer to Sophie's mother as?
(a) Granny Williams.
(b) Aunt Watson.
(c) Aunt Williams.
(d) Auntie Willis.
6. Stephen Maturin's two goddaughters are children he saved where?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) The desert.
7. Who does Stephen believe may have a heart problem in Chapter 8?
(a) Admiral Stranraer.
(b) Mr. Cholmondeley.
(c) Jack Aubrey.
(d) Captain Griffiths.
8. Who is paying rent while staying at the Aubrey home?
9. Stephen hires a coach to travel where to visit his family in Chapter 8?
10. What refers to a fast naval vessel of the late 18th and early 19th centuries, generally having a lofty ship rig and heavily armed on one or two decks?
(a) A speedboat.
(b) A dingy.
(c) A frigate.
(d) A cutter.
11. Capturing the burglar was an intelligence coup for whom in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Griffiths.
(b) Mr. Geoghegan.
(c) Lord Stranraer.
(d) Sir Blaine.
12. What ship does the Bellona meet with at daybreak in Chapter 9?
(a) The Dryad.
(b) The Monmouth.
(c) The Ringle.
(d) The Doris.
13. An aide reminds Jack of what he has to write after the battle in Chapter 5?
(a) A report.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) An apology.
(d) An obituary.
14. Sophie expresses in her letter in Chapter 6 that she plans on moving where with the children?
(b) Ashgrove house.
(c) Fernbridge house.
(d) Maturin Farms.
15. What does Stephen tell Jack about his financial situation in Chapter 8 over dinner?
(a) He has money again.
(b) He lost his house.
(c) He is broke.
(d) The bank took his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country will Jack help to form a navy in Chapter 10?
2. Blaine says to Stephen regarding Aubrey in Chapter 7 that it is possible for him to receive a what?
3. Jack feels the French are taking advantage of the weather to engage in a what in Chapter 9?
4. What refers to a single-masted sailing vessel, very similar to a sloop but having its mast set somewhat farther astern, about two-fifths of the way aft measured on the water line?
5. Jack Aubrey has orders in Chapter 6 to report to the command where he will be assigned to an offshore squadron where?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)