|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bellona reaches its destination in what conditions in Chapter 5?
2. Stephen inspects whose wounds from the boxing match aboard the ship in Chapter 4?
3. Many of Jack's wealthy neighbors plan to enclose the common land of what?
(a) Jackson Penninsula.
(b) Simmon's Lea.
(c) Rogers Bay.
(d) Jerry's Hill.
4. The man who gives Jack and Stephen directions for an inn in Chapter 4 notes that it is not good for a man in what to be recognized?
(a) Bad clothes.
(d) A carriage.
5. Who is the Third Lieutenant on the Bellona?
(a) Mr. Callaghan.
(b) Mr. Whewell.
(c) Mr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Miller.
6. Who is Jack's neighbor at Woolcombe?
(a) Mr Cholmondeley.
(b) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(c) Captain Griffiths.
(d) Stephen Maturin.
7. Where is The Yellow Admiral set?
8. What passage do Jack and Stephen pass through as they walk the quarter deck in Chapter 4?
(a) Fromveur Passage.
(b) Les Fro Passage.
(c) Lost Passage.
(d) Les Deux Passsage.
9. How many children does Jack Aubrey have?
10. What is the name of Diana's daughter?
11. Stephen Maturin is an adviser on what affairs?
12. The inclosures discussed by Jack and Stephen in Chapter 1 serve the purpose to increase the supply of what?
13. Where does Jack explain he had been when the orders arrived to come to the ship in Chapter 4?
14. Maturin had served as the surgeon on what ship with Aubrey in his crusade against slavery?
(b) Queen Charlotte.
15. Who are the injured men of battle carried to in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship do Aubrey and his men transfer to from the Ringle in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, Stephen suggests that who sent orders for them to return to their ship so Jack would purposely miss the meeting?
3. What ship does Captain Dundas command?
4. A letter arrives for whom in the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. How many days have the ships been at sea in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)