• Nine months ago, Joan's husband John suffered a sudden, massive coronary.
• Joan and John sat down to dinner in the living room of their apartment in New York.
• At the same time, their daughter Quintana had been in the hospital unconscious for five days suffering from pneumonia.
• Quintana had been taken to the emergency room on Christmas morning.
• Joan and John just returned from a visit with Quintana at the hospital.
• Joan is writing to help herself make sense of the period after her husband's death.
• Although Joan always enjoyed using words as a writer, even before publication, she wished that she could simply project her memories on a screen and not write about them.
• On December 30, 2003, Joan and her husband visited Quintana in the hospital.
• After the hospital visit, they came home and fixed dinner.
• During dinner, John talked about several different subjects, then Joan...
This section contains 3,417 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)