|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers do when they returned home?
2. Why did the Wright Brothers have to build a new frame for the powered aircraft?
3. Why would the Wright brothers have a clear conscience?
4. How long did the Wright brothers go without flying after 1905 according to Chapter 8?
5. When was the Flyer III built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was clear about the Wright Flyer being considered a practical airplane?
2. What were the dimensions on the largest glider?
3. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
4. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
5. What did the Wright brothers work on in the spring of 1904?
6. What happened for the next two and a half years according to Chapter 8?
7. What did Wilbur and Orville do with success?
8. What did Wilbur write to manufacturers about?
9. What problems did the brothers encounter?
10. What did the Wright brothers write at the start of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that aviation had on warfare.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of information gathered from the United States Weather Bureau.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Smithsonian Institution and the United States War Department in financing the development of aircraft.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)