|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers have to design?
2. When was the Flyer III built?
3. How long was Wilbur's flight around the Huffman Prairie on November 9th?
4. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
5. How many manufacturers were able to provide an engine to the Wright's specifications?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
2. What problems did the brothers encounter?
3. What did the Wright brothers realize upon their return to Ohio in Chapter 5?
4. What record did Wilbur set on October 5, 1905?
5. Why did the U.S. War Department turn the Wrights down?
6. What was the Wright Flyer III declared?
7. What did Wilbur and Orville send a telegram about to their father?
8. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
9. What made Wilbur an international celebrity?
10. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the aircraft developed by the Wright brothers with that made today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that aviation had on warfare.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that Greek mythology had on men who were obsessed with aviation.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)