|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Wright brothers arrive at Kill Devil Hills?
2. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
3. When did Wilbur have his first turn with the new flyer?
4. What drawback did Huffman Prairie have?
5. How long was Wilbur's flight around the Huffman Prairie on November 9th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the dimensions on the largest glider?
2. What made Wilbur an international celebrity?
3. What did Wilbur and Orville send a telegram about to their father?
4. What did Orville figure out while lying in bed one night?
5. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
6. What did the Wright brothers realize upon their return to Ohio in Chapter 5?
7. What did Wilbur write to manufacturers about?
8. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
9. What happened for the next two and a half years according to Chapter 8?
10. What did Katherine write to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of information gathered from the United States Weather Bureau.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that Lieutenant Thomas Selfridges' death had on the progress made by the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Smithsonian Institution and the United States War Department in financing the development of aircraft.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)