|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers do on sunny days at Kill Devil Hills?
2. What did the Wright brothers build to test wings?
3. How did Wilbur take the answer of its first prospect?
4. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
5. What were the Wright brothers waiting for before flying again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
2. What was clear about the Wright Flyer being considered a practical airplane?
3. What did Wilbur and Orville do with success?
4. What did the brothers build to test different types of wing surfaces?
5. What did the Wright brothers write at the start of Chapter 7?
6. What did the Wright brothers make history with in May 1908?
7. What made Wilbur an international celebrity?
8. What were the dimensions on the largest glider?
9. What happened for the first time at the end of May?
10. What did the Wright brothers work on in the spring of 1904?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that family played in the life of the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the different business ventures created by the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the aircraft developed by the Wright brothers with that made today.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)