|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
2. What did people around Huffman Prairie begin to take notice of in late 1905?
3. What characteristics did the Wright brothers want for their engine?
4. What did the Wright brothers do on sunny days at Kill Devil Hills?
5. How far did Wilbur travel during his 39-minute fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the brothers build to test different types of wing surfaces?
2. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
3. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
4. What did Wilbur and Orville send a telegram about to their father?
5. What happened on November 9?
6. What did the Wright brothers realize upon their return to Ohio in Chapter 5?
7. What was clear about the Wright Flyer being considered a practical airplane?
8. What did Orville figure out while lying in bed one night?
9. What did Katherine write to her father?
10. What happened for the first time at the end of May?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the aircraft developed by the Wright brothers with that made today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that family played in the life of the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the different business ventures created by the Wright brothers.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)