|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of flight were the Wright brothers surprised was not paid attention to?
2. When did Lilienthal die?
3. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
4. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
5. Where was Orville born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wilbur request from the Smithsonian Institute according to Chapter 4?
2. What was the Wright Cycle Company?
3. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
4. What were the brothers prepared to do?
5. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
6. Who was Eilmer?
7. How were the Wright brothers different?
8. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
9. Who was Icarus?
10. What did the brothers always have a knack for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that audiences like Amos Root had during tests held by the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Orville and Wilbur Wright, discussing their similarities and differences in personal traits and examine their role in the Wright Flyers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that aviation had on warfare.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)