|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Wright brothers operating?
2. When did Da Vinci live?
3. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
4. When did Langley try the full size version of his plane for the first time?
5. Where was Orville born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
2. What was Sir George Cayley known for?
3. What did Bishop Wright say about his sons regarding who contributed the most to the business?
4. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
5. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in the article?
6. How were the Wright brothers different?
7. What happened to Lilienthal in 1896?
8. Who was Dr. Samuel Pierpoint Langley?
9. What were the brothers prepared to do?
10. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two aviators other than the Wright brothers and compare and contrast their methods.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that Octave Chanute had in the success of the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lilienthal's aircraft with that of the Wright brothers and compare their background and other information.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)