|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
2. What education did the Wright brothers have?
3. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
4. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
5. What toy inspired the Wright brothers in flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lilienthal in 1896?
2. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
3. What did the brothers always have a knack for?
4. What were the brothers prepared to do?
5. What was Sir George Cayley known for?
6. Who was Icarus?
7. What did Bishop Wright say about his sons regarding who contributed the most to the business?
8. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
9. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in the article?
10. How were the Wright brothers different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that Greek mythology had on men who were obsessed with aviation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Smithsonian Institution and the United States War Department in financing the development of aircraft.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the influence that media had on the development of aviation and how it was both beneficial and detriment
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)