|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
2. What did the monk, Eilmer, blame his crash on?
3. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
4. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
5. What are the wings in a plane used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lilienthal in 1896?
2. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
3. Who was Eilmer?
4. What three basic requirements did the Wright brothers notice were necessary for a flying machine?
5. What was Sir George Cayley known for?
6. What was the Wright Cycle Company?
7. What was the difference between the Wright brother's glider and that of Chanute and Lilienthal?
8. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
9. Who were Wilbur and Orville Wright?
10. Who was Dr. Samuel Pierpoint Langley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of information gathered from the United States Weather Bureau.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that Lieutenant Thomas Selfridges' death had on the progress made by the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship that the Wright brothers had with the United States War Department.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)