|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wilbur's temperament?
2. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
3. What were the Wright brothers operating?
4. What was Orville's temperament?
5. What were Icarus' wings made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
2. What was the difference between the Wright brother's glider and that of Chanute and Lilienthal?
3. Who were Wilbur and Orville Wright?
4. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
5. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in the article?
6. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
7. What was Sir George Cayley known for?
8. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
9. What did Root do upon returning to Medina, Ohio?
10. Who was Eilmer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of patent infringement and why the Wright brothers were concerned with rivals.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the influence that media had on the development of aviation and how it was both beneficial and detriment
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that aviation had on warfare.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)