|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lilienthal die?
2. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
3. When did Da Vinci live?
4. When did the Wrights' mother die?
5. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sir George Cayley known for?
2. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
3. How were the Wright brothers different?
4. What was the difference between the Wright brother's glider and that of Chanute and Lilienthal?
5. What were the brothers prepared to do?
6. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
7. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
8. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
9. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
10. What did Wilbur request from the Smithsonian Institute according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that Lieutenant Thomas Selfridges' death had on the progress made by the Wright brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the aircraft developed by the Wright brothers with that made today.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the different business ventures created by the Wright brothers.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)