1. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
According to Chapter 1, Amos Root had heard of a machine that could fly and he drove 200 miles to see it.
2. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
When Root arrived, Wilbur Wright was making a circle in the sky over a cow pasture in Dayton, Ohio, as Root watched from below.
3. Who were Wilbur and Orville Wright?
Wilbur and Orville Wright built the aircraft in a workroom in a bicycle shop and Wilbur Wright was the pilot. The brothers were given permission to try the plane on Huffman Prairie.
4. What did Root do upon returning to Medina, Ohio?
Upon his return to Medina, Ohio, Root wrote an eyewitness account of their first flight. Root published the article in a trade magazine "Gleanings in Bee Culture" on January 1, 1905.
5. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
Root's piece claimed that the story he was going to tell out-rivaled the fables known as "Arabian Nights".
This section contains 2,413 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)