|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were pilots usually able to fly?
(a) At daytime in favorable conditions.
(b) Any time.
(c) Any time during the day.
(d) Only when it was not raining.
2. What was Wilbur's temperament?
(c) Hard headed.
(d) Soft spoken.
3. When was the airmail service put in place?
4. How many New Yorkers watched the one flight described at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Nearly 1,000.
(b) Nearly 10,000.
(c) Nearly 1,000,000.
(d) Nearly 100,000.
5. Where did Orville go to to fix the shafts issues?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
2. What was the name of the flyer which was designed for competition?
3. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
4. When did the demonstration flights at Fort Meyer start?
5. How many times did Wilbur circle the Huffman Prairie during his 39-minute flight?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)