|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Orville's role in the new company?
(a) Day-to-day operation.
(b) Suing infringing competitors.
(d) He had no active role.
2. Why were the customers of the bike shop forced to wait outside the shop?
(a) The brothers where using dangerous chemical.
(b) The Wright brothers took over most of the shop for their plane project.
(c) The customers were afraid of the plane.
(d) The brothers wanted to keep their work a secret.
3. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
4. How many New Yorkers watched the one flight described at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Nearly 1,000.
(b) Nearly 10,000.
(c) Nearly 1,000,000.
(d) Nearly 100,000.
5. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
(a) Sparrow wings.
(b) Owl wings.
(c) Bat wings.
(d) Falcon wings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after their flight did Wilbur and Orville contact a family member?
2. What happened to Thomas Selfridge during the crash?
3. When was the first coast-to-coast flight across the U.S. made?
4. Who started to see the value in planes at the end of Chapter 9?
5. Who was offered the right to the Wrights' plane first?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)