|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
(a) The Markus Estate.
(b) The Crowman Field.
(c) The Smith's Property.
(d) Huffman Prairie.
2. Who was offered the right to the Wrights' plane first?
(a) The Pony Express.
(b) The U.S. War Department.
(c) Federal Express.
(d) The U.S. Post Office.
3. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Where was the new motorized glider assembled?
(a) In Ohio.
(b) In Maine.
(c) Kill Devil Hills.
5. How long after the first trial did the second trial take place?
(a) 6 days later.
(b) 15 days later.
(c) 8 days later.
(d) 12 days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the demonstration flights at Fort Meyer start?
2. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
3. How long was Wilbur's flight around the Huffman Prairie on November 9th?
4. When was the first coast-to-coast flight across the U.S. made?
5. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)