|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Langley's aerodrome stay airborne in May 6, 1896?
(a) 90 seconds.
(b) 120 seconds.
(c) 30 seconds.
(d) 60 seconds.
2. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
3. What was Wilbur's temperament?
(a) Hard headed.
(c) Soft spoken.
4. What did the first prospect of the Wright brothers do?
(a) They turned them down.
(b) They asked for a free loan for a few months.
(c) They asked for a plane capable of dropping bombs.
(d) They bought 5.
5. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
(a) 119 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 12 seconds.
(d) 63 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Orville and Wilbur do together as children according to Chapter 2?
2. When did Lilienthal die?
3. What was Wilbur's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
4. How many times did Wilbur circle the Huffman Prairie during his 39-minute flight?
5. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)