|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the wings in a plane used for?
(a) Support the engine.
(b) Stabilize the flight.
(c) Support the pilot.
(d) Gain lift.
2. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A physician.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A librerian.
3. Why did the Wright brothers refuse to give their prospect what they wanted?
(a) They wanted to be paid in advance.
(b) They refused to sell the exclusivity.
(c) They didn't think it was possible.
(d) They were afraid of people stealing their design.
4. How long after the first trial did the second trial take place?
(a) 12 days later.
(b) 8 days later.
(c) 15 days later.
(d) 6 days later.
5. What did the 39-minute flight make the Flyer III?
(a) The first practical airplane.
(b) The first cargo airplane.
(c) The first commercial airplane.
(d) The first airplane to cross a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
2. What characteristics did the Wright brothers want for their engine?
3. Where was Orville born?
4. What was the magazine Amos Root published his article about the Wright's flight about?
5. Why did the Wright Brothers have to build a new frame for the powered aircraft?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)