|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the plane motor have to be?
(a) As light as possible.
(b) Light and powerful.
(c) Heavy to avoid vibration problems.
2. What did the Wright brothers do on sunny days at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) Flew the 1904 glider.
(b) Flew the 1906 glider.
(c) Flew the 1903 glider.
(d) Flew the 1902 glider.
3. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
(a) They both liked the same kind of music.
(b) They were attracted to the same kind of women.
(c) They didn't drink, smoke or get married.
(d) They were both blonde with blue eyes.
4. How far did Amos Root travel to see the flying machine in Chapter 1?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
5. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Make the tail movable.
(b) Make the wind lighter.
(c) Put the pilot on the top wing.
(d) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Langley try the full size version of his plane for the first time?
2. What did Orville and Wilbur do together as children according to Chapter 2?
3. How was the Wrights' glider sent to Kitty Hawk?
4. Who did Wilbur and Orville contact after their successful flight?
5. When did Wilbur arrive in Kitty Hawk?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)