|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
(a) King Devil Hill.
(b) Kill Devil Hill.
(c) Kill of the Hill.
(d) King Geaorge Hill.
2. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
3. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
4. How long did the Wright brothers take to do their wing experiments?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Several years.
5. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
(a) That Orville was more influential.
(b) That they were equals.
(c) That their sister Katherine was the real mastermind.
(d) That Wilbur was more influential.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was piloting the flying machine Amos Root came to see in Chapter 1?
2. What were Icarus' wings made of?
3. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
4. How long did the press say it would take for men to fly?
5. Who salvaged the Wrights brothers' kites?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)