|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Samuel Langley the head of?
(a) The US War Department.
(b) The Smithsonian Insitution.
(c) The U.S. Post Office.
(d) The U.S. travel department.
2. How many versions of a glider did Lilienthal build?
3. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
(a) 14th century.
(b) 11th century.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 12th century.
4. How long after Wilbur did Orville arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 15 days.
5. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did the flight witnessed by Amos Root take place?
2. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
3. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
4. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
5. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)