|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Wilbur's temperament?
(a) Hard headed.
(c) Soft spoken.
2. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
3. How far did Amos Root travel to see the flying machine in Chapter 1?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 200 miles.
4. Who was piloting the flying machine Amos Root came to see in Chapter 1?
(a) Amos Root.
(b) Orville Wright.
(c) Carl Huffman.
(d) Wilbur Wright.
5. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
(a) 10 to 20 mph average.
(b) 5 to10 mph average.
(c) 15 to 30 mph average.
(d) 25 to 50 mph average.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did the flight witnessed by Amos Root take place?
2. What was Orville's temperament?
3. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
4. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
5. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)