|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
(a) The Markus Estate.
(b) Huffman Prairie.
(c) The Crowman Field.
(d) The Smith's Property.
2. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
(a) Mathematical models and real models.
(b) Models and flight using animals.
(c) Models and manned gliders.
(d) Mathematical models and manned gliders.
3. What was Orville's temperament?
(a) Hard headed.
(b) Soft spoken.
4. What was the magazine Amos Root published his article about the Wright's flight about?
(a) Auto repair.
5. How long did Langley's aerodrome stay airborne in May 6, 1896?
(a) 60 seconds.
(b) 90 seconds.
(c) 30 seconds.
(d) 120 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
2. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
3. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
4. How many full size gliders did Cayley build?
5. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)