|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
(a) Bat wings.
(b) Sparrow wings.
(c) Owl wings.
(d) Falcon wings.
2. When did Wilbur arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) September 23, 1900.
(b) September 3, 1900.
(c) September 30, 1900.
(d) September 13, 1900.
3. How long did the flight witnessed by Amos Root last?
(a) 1 minute, 36 seconds.
(b) 4 minutes, 36 seconds.
(c) 2 minutes, 36 seconds.
(d) 3 minutes, 36 seconds.
4. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
5. How was the Wrights' glider sent to Kitty Hawk?
(a) By horse carriage.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wilbur's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
2. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
3. When did the Wright brothers return to Kitty Hawk next?
4. When was Orville born?
5. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)