|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
(a) U.S. War Department.
(b) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(c) The U.S. Coast Guard.
(d) Dr. Langley.
2. When was the first bridge across the Missouri built?
3. Where did George Cayley live?
4. How long did the flight witnessed by Amos Root last?
(a) 4 minutes, 36 seconds.
(b) 1 minute, 36 seconds.
(c) 2 minutes, 36 seconds.
(d) 3 minutes, 36 seconds.
5. How many years did Langley spend testing models before choosing a design?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers use a tombstone for?
2. How long did Langley's aerodrome stay airborne in May 6, 1896?
3. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
4. What was the magazine Amos Root published his article about the Wright's flight about?
5. What was Lilienthal referred to as according to Chapter 3?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)