|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
2. When did the Wright brothers arrive at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) September 1903.
(b) September 1904.
(c) September 1905.
(d) September 1906.
3. What did the Wright brothers have to design?
(a) The injection system.
(b) The propellers.
(c) The fuel.
(d) A carburetor that works when the plane is upside down.
4. What were Icarus' wings made of?
(a) Wax and feathers.
(b) Wood and fabric.
(c) Wax and fabric.
(d) Bones and fabric.
5. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Langley try the full size version of his plane for the first time?
2. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
3. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
4. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
5. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)