|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many full size gliders did Cayley build?
2. What took 5 months to design?
(a) The injection system.
(b) The fuel.
(c) A carburator that works when the plane is upside down.
(d) The propeller.
3. Why would the Wright brothers have a clear conscience?
(a) They sold a license to the U.S. Army.
(b) They tried to sell it to the U.S. government first.
(c) They patented the plane.
(d) They sold 200 to the U.S. Army.
4. How long after Wilbur did Orville arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 12 days.
5. What were Icarus' wings made of?
(a) Wood and fabric.
(b) Bones and fabric.
(c) Wax and feathers.
(d) Wax and fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the testing of the Wrights' new glider postponed from August to September?
2. How did Wilbur take the answer of its first prospect?
3. What caused frustration for the Wrights?
4. What did the Wright brothers know they wouldn't do at the start of Chapter 6?
5. What was the weight of the Wright brothers' largest glider after running their wing experiments?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)