|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who witnessed Wilbur's first flight with the flyer?
(a) Amos Root.
(b) Their father.
(c) John Marshal of the New York Times.
(d) Their sister.
2. When was the first bridge across the Missouri built?
3. What caused frustration for the Wrights?
(a) Problems with the shaft used for control.
(b) Problems with the propeller shafts and transmission.
(c) Problems with the shaft used as wing support
(d) Prblems with the wheels shaft.
4. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What made the second attempt the first powered flight?
(a) The machine climbed up.
(b) The plane had a motor.
(c) The machine moved forward without reduction of speed.
(d) The motor was running during flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drawback did Huffman Prairie have?
2. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
3. How long did Langley's aerodrome stay airborne in May 6, 1896?
4. Where did Orville go to to fix the shafts issues?
5. Why did the Wright brothers refuse to give their prospect what they wanted?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)