• In Chapter 1, Amos Root traveled 200 miles to Dayton, Ohio, to see the Wright brothers' flying machine.
• Wilbur Wright was the pilot of the plane built by himself and his brother Orville.
• Root wrote an article for his newsletter in 1905 comparing the flight to a story out of the Arabian Nights fables.
• Wilbur and Orville were sons of a bishop and were extremely close.
• Wilbur and Orville, both unmarried, lived with their father and unmarried sister.
• Wilbur and Orville had a knack for solving problems and had bike repair shops.
• Orville, the enthusiast, was gregarious while Wilbur, the visionary, was quiet.
• Wilbur was born in 1867 and Orville in 1871.
• The Wright brothers' mother died in 1899.
• The Wright brothers' father was a bishop.
• In Chapter 2, the Wrights said they had the inspiration for flight playing with a toy helicopter as children.
• The Wright brothers didn't have a formal education...
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)